Windows 10: I can't click on my TouchPad in my Laptop.

Discus and support I can't click on my TouchPad in my Laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can use all over the place and when I go into games like ROBLOX it won't let me click. I just touched the TouchPad settings to disable PalmCheck but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Juju, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Juju Win User

I can't click on my TouchPad in my Laptop.

I can use all over the place and when I go into games like ROBLOX it won't let me click. I just touched the TouchPad settings to disable PalmCheck but now it wont let me click. Can one of you guys please help me? Thank you very much!

:)

2. Need to change touchpad settiings everytime I log in

Hi

I am having trouble with my touchpad and touchscreen on my Toshiba laptop since installing windows 10. I have worked out that either my touchscreen or my touchpad are working but not together and every time I log out I have to re-enable my touchpad settings.
    Also the sensitivity has changed on the touchpad, I can't gently pat the touchpad I need to firmly press until it clicks. This is driving me to despair as it is on my uni laptop and eating into valuable study time. Please help.

Regret installing, Jun 17, 2017
  3. winterd Win User
    HP Envy x360 Laptop - where is the Right Click?

I have a HP Envy x360 Laptop - it only has a touchpad with no other buttons above the touchpad or below it - I can't find the RIGHT Click button anywhere on this laptop - someone said to try the upper right corner of the touchpad, but that doesn't work
    either - does anyone know where RIGHT Click is on this laptop? Does anyone know where it is? Some options ask you to Right Click on an existing entry to change it, but I can't find it!!

winterd, Jun 17, 2017
  4. I can't click on my TouchPad in my Laptop.

Hi Juju. Welcome to the TenForums @Juju

In the last couple of weeks I've had two similar issues.

First go into device manager, I'm hoping you have a USB mouse can use, and see what your Touchpad is being identified as. On the Toshiba I was working on it was identified incorrectly as a Dell Touchpad. Loaded correct driver and functionality was restored.

On my Dell which has a touchpad and one of the joysticks in the middle of keyboard, after the last set of updates June 13th the touch pad died. The joystick and its buttons worked. I reloaded the old ALPS driver and functionality was restored.

So make sure its identified correctly and look at re-installing driver.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 17, 2017
Thema:

I can't click on my TouchPad in my Laptop.

1. I can't click on my TouchPad in my Laptop. - Similar Threads - can't click TouchPad

2. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  3. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  4. I can't navigate in my laptop, touchpad is malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't navigate in my laptop, touchpad is malfunctioning: Hello, I have a new laptop and using it for 1 month already, I restarted it since the app I'm using hang up. Suddenly I cannot move around since the touch pad is not working. I need to use a mouse to navigate, but it would be better if I can have the touchpad working again....
  5. I can't navigate in my laptop, touchpad is malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't navigate in my laptop, touchpad is malfunctioning: Hello, I have a new laptop and using it for 1 month already, I restarted it since the app I'm using hang up. Suddenly I cannot move around since the touch pad is not working. I need to use a mouse to navigate, but it would be better if I can have the touchpad working again....
  6. I can't navigate in my laptop, touchpad is malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't using any gesture on my laptop's touchpad!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't using any gesture on my laptop's touchpad!: I'm currently using a Lenovo ThinkPad T490 model 20N3 and I'm not using a touchpad a lot but recently, I notice that it can't scroll through any pages with 2 fingers scrolling and also can't perform any gesture with any amount of finger on it. I tried to roll back the driver,...
  8. Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop

Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop: Hey guys, I have an ASUS G751JL laptop running Windows 10 version 1903 and I can't for the life of me disable the touchpad. I've spent hours troubleshooting it and nothing has worked so far and the F9 function key isn't working. So far I have *updated all my drivers,...
  9. I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop: I got a mouse to use instead of the touchpad. I am now not able to disable the touchpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-disable-my-touchpad-on-my-hp-stream-laptop/1f577510-a5a3-4a89-a3fb-5c5c5c57cf47"
  10. Why is my touchpad on my laptop not clicking

Why is my touchpad on my laptop not clicking: Hello Everyone, I just activated windows today and I was able to enable my elan touchpad in the mouse settings. After enabling it I noticed that my touchpad will only respond if I click in one area only. I do not know whats wrong with my touch pad. I can move my mouse but...