Windows 10: I can't click on the windows search button and get on the internet

Discus and support I can't click on the windows search button and get on the internet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using windows 10. I can get on the internet with my chrome browser. When I click on the windows "search the web and windows" icon a message pops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnHayden, Sep 26, 2015.

1. I can't click on the windows search button and get on the internet

I am using windows 10. I can get on the internet with my chrome browser. When I click on the windows "search the web and windows" icon a message pops up saying it can't get on the web right now.

:)

JohnHayden, Sep 26, 2015

2. When I click on the icon I get the startup screen but then a dialog box that states Flight Simulator requires a minimum resolution of 1024 X 780

Hello Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to contact the below link for the issues related to
    Flight Simulator X:

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/tips/Pages/default.aspx

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 26, 2015
  3. EdHartery Win User
    When I click on the icon I get the startup screen but then a dialog box that states Flight Simulator requires a minimum resolution of 1024 X 780

Original Title: Flight Simulator X

I have been running fsx after the first update to windows 10. Just recently when I click on the icon I get the startup screen but then a dialog box that states Flight Simulator requires a minimum resolution of 1024 X 780. Would you like to change? There
    is a Yes and No box. Selecting Yes brings up another dialog box titled Desktop Icon Settings which has no bearing on the subject and selecting Yes or No removes all information from the screen.

Can anyone suggest how I can fix this issue. Much appreciated. Cheers

Ed

EdHartery, Sep 26, 2015
  4. I can't click on the windows search button and get on the internet

Hello there! JohnHayden Welcome to the Ten Forums!

I can assume you are running the upgrade to 10 and haven't moved quite yet to a clean install as of this time if I am correct? Generally most who are continuing to run with the initial upgrade install of 10 will encounter some type of problem either immediately or within days or weeks of the first day. That seems to be the pattern observed. First we'll see if this can be corrected without either deciding on a repair type second install or a full clean install which however seems to cure many ills!

Following up the initial upgrades seen here averaging 1 out of 3 upgrades seemingly going on smoothly the clean installs that followed have so far been found bug free as far as a number of possible problems. The search option on the taskbar connects instantly here while I suspect you are seeing some type of registry glitch if everything else seems to be able to connect online without any problem.

But even before assuming anything like that the first place you will want to look will be the Settings for the Search option to make sure the on/off switch is set for on!

I can't click on the windows search button and get on the internet [​IMG]

For each of these new built in features 10 is bringing you will find there are some express settings on many. If that switch is off for some reason you wouldn't be able to search online being the first place to look. When clicking on the Search button itself note the Setting emblem clicked on there since none have any text preview popping up for identifying which is what. Be sure that is set to on.

Night Hawk, Sep 27, 2015
  5. Hi have you got Contana switch on and showing in the task bar

hTconeM9user, Sep 27, 2015
  6. The Cortana switch is off here and I still see web content when opening up Search. When going into the Start>AllApps with Cortana unpinned from the tile section and switched off in the Search to click on it the Search automatically opens right up still seeing the same web content. The "Search online and include web results" switch does have to be on however or there won't be any web search seen through the Search there limiting results to local content only.

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I can't click on the windows search button and get on the internet

1. I can't click on the windows search button and get on the internet - Similar Threads - can't click search

2. Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options: Hi,I want to change my proxy settings or wanna use automatically detect settings but I cannot even click on OK button in LAN Settings.I did network reset but it does not work.My machine is running on Windows 10 Pro 22H2....
  3. Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options: Hi,I want to change my proxy settings or wanna use automatically detect settings but I cannot even click on OK button in LAN Settings.I did network reset but it does not work.My machine is running on Windows 10 Pro 22H2....
  4. Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc: When I click on the start button, the search and menu screen comes up. When I attempt to search my PC, it takes me to the Internet. Any help you can provide, I appreciate it. Thanks....
  6. clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc: When I click on the start button, the search and menu screen comes up. When I attempt to search my PC, it takes me to the Internet. Any help you can provide, I appreciate it. Thanks....
  7. clicking on the start button takes me to a search of the Internet, not my pc

in Cortana
  8. Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .: Hello, so recently I resetted my laptop because I wanted to organize my files from the start. One issue I found was finding apps like twitch and telegram in the search bar . But I could not open, it simply won't open . The icon is also not the icon, it's like a default icon...
  9. I can't click windows button, open setting, notification and type something in search Box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't click windows button, open setting, notification and type something in search Box: Hi, i got very unpleasant with latest update in my windows 10 OS. I 1 I was clicking windows button in left bottom area on the screen or clicking windows button on keyboard, nothing happened, 2 can not type any word in search box 3 can not open setting using windows key +...
  10. Can't click buttons in opened window/ when I click I'm clicking desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click buttons in opened window/ when I click I'm clicking desktop.: So, any software I have opened on the left screen- it does this. When I click anything that is down, affects 30% of the screen, I click on the desktop, even though the window is full screen....