Windows 10: I can't connect a USB hard drive on a Windows 10 Acer computer.

Discus and support I can't connect a USB hard drive on a Windows 10 Acer computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't connect a USB hard drive on a Windows 10 Acer computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeCoyote, Jul 20, 2018.

1. JoeCoyote Win User

I can't connect a USB hard drive on a Windows 10 Acer computer.

:)

JoeCoyote, Jul 20, 2018

2. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 20, 2018
  3. alenguav Win User
    Problems connecting a hard drive from another computer

I changed of computer and now I am trying to connect my old hard drive (coming from a Windows 10 computer) using a USB however I am receving several permission error messages.

Any suggestion to solve this problem?

alenguav, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't connect a USB hard drive on a Windows 10 Acer computer. - Similar Threads - can't connect USB

2. Can't Connect External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Connect External Hard Drive: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  3. Can't Connect External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Connect External Hard Drive: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  4. external hard drive connected by usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive connected by usb: How do I get windows file explorer to recognize a 500 giga bite hard drive connected by USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-connected-by-usb/57ede349-6ed9-4cb0-bf8d-d9d999cf1157
  5. Connecting a computer to a hard drive that is connected to a router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting a computer to a hard drive that is connected to a router: I have two computers (both windows 10) that I need to connect to a router that I have connected to my router. One of the computers connected just fine but the other one can not see devices on my network. I have tried many things and nothing seems to work. Any help would be...
  6. WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNISE USB CONNECTED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNISE USB CONNECTED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES: Local dealer replaced 100Gb SSD with 1000Gb SSD. All Ok, but external hard drive storage units are no longer recognised. I refitted the 100Gb SSD and it all works OK, but not with the new 1000Gb SSD. Help James...
  7. External hard drive connected by USB port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive connected by USB port: I have this external hard drive that has been designated as F and also a removable flash drive as E. Both use USB ports and have been working. Now the computer sees neither after rebooting twice. Tried to switch the ports and drives also. Any suggestions?...
  8. Windows 10 Bootable USB not working when hard drive connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Bootable USB not working when hard drive connected: My Windows got messed up so I am trying to recover the data using a Windows 10 bootable usb, but it only boots when the sata port for the 1tb hard drive is disabled. This is useless for me because I am trying to access that hard drive through the bootable usb. I've tried on...
  9. USB Hard Drive with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Hard Drive with Windows 10: I have a Western Digital Elements external USB drive and whenever I plug it in I have to manually assign it a letter, which in itself is frustrating but manageable. The real problem is if I disconnect the drive and plug it back in, I need to assign it again, however the...
  10. Connecting An old hard drive via USB on Windows 10

Connecting An old hard drive via USB on Windows 10: Connecting An old hard drive via USB on Windows 10 the hard drive came out of the laptop that no longer functions I need to say the pictures and documents off of the but I can't seem to get Windows tend to see it it's easy to find under computer management but it says that it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. on a acer computer burn files to a usb drive

2. cant conect to usb harddrive