Windows 10: I can't connect to wifi *i think its because i deleted temp files*

Discus and support I can't connect to wifi *i think its because i deleted temp files* in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i click the wifi button at the bottom right where it would usually bring up the available connections tab, nothing happens. If i right click i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by craiglogan, Oct 11, 2017.

1. I can't connect to wifi *i think its because i deleted temp files*

When i click the wifi button at the bottom right where it would usually bring up the available connections tab, nothing happens. If i right click i still get the options for "troubleshoot" and "open network and sharing" i have tired opening it and going through the options to "select a wifi connection, but again when i click that button again nothing happens were the available connections tab should appear.

I think this has happened because i've run %appdata% and deleted everything. It is as though the link between the button i click and the action have been removed. I may be wrong, but can anyone help me fix this?

thanks for your help

:)

craiglogan, Oct 11, 2017

2. I need admin permission to delete temp files

Where is it located?

Why you want to delete it?

If it is Windows Temp file, you shouldn't delete it because it is part of Windows but you may delete its contains. It is better to use System Clean up to remove unnecessary data from your PC including whatever inside TEMP file.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Oct 11, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - Script Error popping up every time I start or restart my computer

OMG Your right. I downloaded a program called RC7 and i found out that it was malware and i deleted it everywhere i could find it. But i must of just accidentally never deleted this. Do you think i could just delete this and it would fix it all? I think
    that maybe im getting the error is because its trying to run something that i already deleted?

I DylanDboss I, Oct 11, 2017
  4. I can't connect to wifi *i think its because i deleted temp files*

Does the WIFI card appear in Device Manager? If so, regardless of its status its best to uninstall and reboot. Should sort you out matey

kingtez1984, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    If you deleted appears a lot of things won't work it contains data for a lot of problems it may be worth trying to recover deleted files

Samuria, Oct 11, 2017
  6. Hi bud thanks for the reply. The wifi card does appear. I "updated" it and restarted. Nothing. I deleted it, Downloaded and reinstalled it and restarted. Nothing. I know the device can pick up wifi connections as the * indicating so is on the wifi button in the bottom right of the screen. Just still it does not open anything/unresponsive when clicked.

I've tried booting in safe mode with networking ( suggested on google) that does not fix anything either.

I can't recover what has been deleted as it was deleted securely with bleach bit.

It may not even be related to temp deletion. I have never used the wifi as i disabled it when i bought the laptop and only use dongles. But i need to remotely install an OS on a cloud server - it will eat me out of data if i try using dongle

Any suggestions mate?

thanks

craiglogan, Oct 11, 2017
  7. Try running a system file checker (sfc /scannow) in elevated command prompt and leave to run.

Think if this doesnt work, a recovery/refresh would be required.

You could also set up a local account and see if works in there. If it does then its user account related but if not then its system related and again, a recovery would be needed.

Think a sfc /scannow would be the next step mate.

kingtez1984, Oct 11, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

I can't connect to wifi *i think its because i deleted temp files*

You really shouldn't delete your %appdata%, much of it is essential, the only safe part of it you can delete is %temp%. You've probably irretrievably damaged your user profile.

Try creating yourself a new account. That should have an intact new %appdata%. If that account works, then you can copy your documents and files over to it and use that one from now on. Remember to make it an administrator else you won't be able to manage your PC. These tutorials tell you how...

Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Change Account Type in Windows 10

9. sml156 Win User
    If you disabled the WiFi card with a keyboard combination you will have to do the same combination to enable it.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I can't connect to wifi *i think its because i deleted temp files*

1. I can't connect to wifi *i think its because i deleted temp files* - Similar Threads - can't connect wifi

2. I need help I troubleshoot because I can't connect to the wifi and it says wireless...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help I troubleshoot because I can't connect to the wifi and it says wireless...: Can someone help me with this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-i-troubleshoot-because-i-cant-connect/82c0d768-03b7-432f-ab62-4159d720003a
  3. I need help I troubleshoot because I can't connect to the wifi and it says wireless...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help I troubleshoot because I can't connect to the wifi and it says wireless...: Can someone help me with this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-i-troubleshoot-because-i-cant-connect/82c0d768-03b7-432f-ab62-4159d720003a
  4. I can't connect to WIFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to WIFI.: Since I got a new network provider, my laptop crashes every time I try to connect to my home WiFi network. I have tried uninstalling the wifi connector device on my PC and that made no difference. Please help...
  5. I can't connect to WIFI.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to WIFI.: Since I got a new network provider, my laptop crashes every time I try to connect to my home WiFi network. I have tried uninstalling the wifi connector device on my PC and that made no difference. Please help...
  6. I can't connect to WIFI.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I think its a virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think its a virus: So basically my pc just started putting up pop ups of if i wanted to let some apps make modifications to my pc and i canceled all those and as i was listening to my music it just started saying it could'nt play any of the songs and as they did so i went and checked in my...
  8. I think i deleted some files of sys32

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think i deleted some files of sys32: After i run a script in cmd of resetting registery but it ended up deleting some files But when restarted i was unable to use startmenu, Cortana,serach bar and notifications tab. Can someone help ? Do i need to reinstall windows? Is there any solution without losing my data...
  9. I think its fake

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think its fake: Recieved an email that said Invoice for 399.99 for a year subscription. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** And if you don't want it to call within 48 hrs. to cancel Call 870 558 5544 will delete email and not call...
  10. when i delete my temp files . .

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    when i delete my temp files . .: i want more fps in minecraft. so i watched a guy and he said to hit window + r type %temp% and delete them. i gave my pc admin access to do it. and then when i hit delete my pc said Locking. it never has before!...