Windows 10: i cant connect via WI-FI...what am i doing wrong?

Discus and support i cant connect via WI-FI...what am i doing wrong? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I turn on wifi option..even try to set up wireless connection.. and at last resort tried to use my range extender device, but nada something is wrong..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pathfinder, Oct 22, 2016.

1. i cant connect via WI-FI...what am i doing wrong?

I turn on wifi option..even try to set up wireless connection.. and at last resort tried to use my range extender device, but nada something is wrong.. cant figure out. I know its probaley right under my nose, but cant find the cause. any clues?

:)

Pathfinder, Oct 22, 2016
  2. IanProut Win User

Cannot turn on Wi-Fi

Original title: WI-FI

I recently downloaded Windows 10. It asked if I wanted to turn off WI-FI, as I was connected via ethernet I said yes. I now cant turn on WI-FI when no cable available. Can anyone help?

IanProut, Oct 22, 2016
  3. No option for Wifi after update.

I updated to Windows 10 from 7 Premium on my Alienware 14 laptop. After the update finished, I have no options to use Wi-Fi; not even an icon for Wi-Fi. I am able to connect via Ethernet cable, but I need the Wi-Fi connection....Any ideas what the problem
    is and how to fix it?

Thanks,

CJ

cj calentine, Oct 22, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

i cant connect via WI-FI...what am i doing wrong?

You don't give us much to go on do you see networks what happens when you connect error messages

Samuria, Oct 22, 2016
  5. Neemobeer Win User
    Make sure your home wireless network is visible, enter the correct password obviously. A reboot on the router wouldn't hurt if you are absolutely sure you are entering the correct password. If you have a phone grab a free "Wifi Analyzer" and make sure your wireless access point is on channel 1,6 or 11 and of there are other access points with a decent signal (higher than -70db) reconfigure your access point to a different channel. For starters...

Neemobeer, Oct 22, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    And don't forget to set your network as allowed or private, if you're using Norton firewall.

AndreTen, Oct 23, 2016
  7. the sticky point in my problem is a "router" and I don't have one installed yet.. soon though, possibly within 30 days..and then maybe this problem will go away. for now, its a waiting game. so I'm gonna solve this.

Pathfinder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

i cant connect via WI-FI...what am i doing wrong?

1. i cant connect via WI-FI...what am i doing wrong? - Similar Threads - cant connect via

2. How do i connect to wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i connect to wi-fi?: Just installed windows 11 but there is no wifi, i check to see and there's no option for wifi only Ethernet. I went into the the system to see the adapters however only an Ethernet adapter appeared. How do i fix this? for further information the motherboard I am using is the...
  3. How do i connect to wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i connect to wi-fi?: Just installed windows 11 but there is no wifi, i check to see and there's no option for wifi only Ethernet. I went into the the system to see the adapters however only an Ethernet adapter appeared. How do i fix this? for further information the motherboard I am using is the...
  4. WI FI not Detected or Cant connect to WI FI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WI FI not Detected or Cant connect to WI FI: hi im sorry if my english are bad its not my first languageso recently i have this problem with my home wifi where if im conneted to my home wifi it disconneted by it self when i try to use it or its not detected by my laptop at all.t his only happen with my home wifi i can...
  5. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What am I doing wrong?: My pc is from 2013 and it runs Windows 8.1 pro fine. Someone recommended that I get off win8.1 and install 10 so at the time there was the 1803 version so I installed that and it's ok. But the windows partition randomly gets corrupt when I turn my pc on. It only happens with...
  6. Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network: Last night I updated my laptop to Windows 10 2004 but then I found that the Wi-fi icon remain "No Internet Connection" and each Wi-fi network changed. I still have access to Internet but this thing make me a bit uncomfortable. What should I do to fix this problem? Thank you....
  7. I am unable to connect via Wi-Fi. My network adapter is missing!

I am unable to connect via Wi-Fi. My network adapter is missing!: Hello, I am using an ASUS X540MA laptop. I have had this issue for about a month, but I didn't have any time to take my laptop to get fixed, and I have tried many steps, but couldn't fix this issue myself. My laptop is unable to connect via Wi-Fi. I remember this happening...
  8. Cant connect to wi-fi

Cant connect to wi-fi: I've tried almost everything and my network still doesn't show up unless I'm right next to it and I get 1 bar... I can connect on my phone and get full bars. problem started when I switched providers never had this problem before but I don't think its a problem with the...
  9. What am I doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What am I doing wrong?: Hi, I have been trying to create custom Windows themes complete with background images and sounds which I have no problem getting to work on my computer. The problem I am having is when I save the theme the file size is extremely small and when I shared it with someone to try...
  10. What am I doing wrong in trying to boot via USB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What am I doing wrong in trying to boot via USB?: I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 ultrabook, it's just over a year old. I have made a bootable Windows 8.1 USB flash drive. My aim is to dual boot it with Windows 10. However, I'm not having any luck booting from it. I have read several websites regarding booting & setting a priority in...