Windows 10: I can't edit my start menu since someone installed tencentqq

Discus and support I can't edit my start menu since someone installed tencentqq in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One time, my sister's classmate borrowed the laptop, he installed 5 programs including tencentqq which was in mandarin. I already deleted any tencentqq... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snark, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Snark Win User

I can't edit my start menu since someone installed tencentqq

One time, my sister's classmate borrowed the laptop, he installed 5 programs including tencentqq which was in mandarin. I already deleted any tencentqq file that I can find from the hard drive.

I can't edit my start menu now (can't drag or add or remove) .

I  can't edit my start menu since  someone installed tencentqq [​IMG]

my taskbar is somehow different [I don't think it was black before]

I can't even rename the tile area.

this is my sister's laptop which my other sister borrowed which her classmate used

:)

Snark, Jun 9, 2016
  2. RMyhreWI Win User

Windows 10 - Start Menu does not work post Anniversary Edition

Ever since I installed the Anniversary edition of Win 10 with the update my start menu does not work. Additionally, I can't get to Edge from my task bar.

I guess it is the Anniversary for a lot of problems with Win 10 again.

ISSUE CONTINUES - No Help in sight.

RMyhreWI, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10: Can't edit start menu tiles

Good day everyone, i have problem with my Start Button
    I am not able to edit/reposition/drag the softwares i have pinned on my start menu. I mean it is permanently in that position since i upgraded to windows 10. Can you help me with that please? I  can't edit my start menu since  someone installed tencentqq :) thanks in advance

Original Title: Can't edit start button

Ricky MartinTangalin, Jun 9, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

You deletes files for the application, but did you uninstall it thru programs and features first?

You likely have registry entries and files located in the user profile left causing your issue.

You could try installing CCleaner to scan and remove remnants of said application.

RWOne, Jun 9, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    How long ago did this happen? Do you have a System Restore point that is before that time? If so do a System Restore to then and that will fix the problem.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't edit my start menu since someone installed tencentqq - Similar Threads - can't edit start

2. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

in Cortana
    I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu: I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu.to give you an example, I have Visual Studio installed and pinned to Start, but if i click start and type "Visual" i get a folder as result, and not actually the shortcut to that app...
  3. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu: I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu.to give you an example, I have Visual Studio installed and pinned to Start, but if i click start and type "Visual" i get a folder as result, and not actually the shortcut to that app...
  4. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Regular BSOD and Start Menu not working since installing 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regular BSOD and Start Menu not working since installing 1909: Hi all, I'm getting regular BSODs since installing update 1909. It certainly seems to coincide with the install date which for me was 22nd. I've run chkdsk and sfc /scannow - no reported problems. No issues on HD Tune error scan. The start menu also stops working...
  6. Can't edit start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit start menu: When I try to pin something to the start menu, the first item generally works. But when I try to pin a second one, the start menu freezes and after pressing the window key a couple times, it goes back to how it originally was. After pinning the first item, I tried naming...
  7. start menu not opening since yesterday

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu not opening since yesterday: Hello , My windows 10 was working fine till yesterday . But now i have met with a problem . The problem is that my start menu is not opening from yesterday . Store, Microsoft Edge and Cortana are also not opening . What to do ? Help me please .... 37407
  8. Editing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start Menu: In all versions of Windows in the past, I have been able to edit and arrange program shortcuts and folders on the start menu. In Windows 10, I can open the folders containing the start menu items and make the desired changes, deletes, etc... but the changes are never...
  9. Editing The Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing The Start Menu Apps: Just a quick solution here rather than a question! I have a number of small system apps that don't have an install, so normally I would just create folders and menus in the Start Menu Apps folder - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs But Windows 10...
  10. not able to edit my start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    not able to edit my start menu: I'm on windows 10 redstone build 14316 and from yesterday i'm not able to edit my start menu..It shows this message [img] 47666