Windows 10: I can't find any way to meter this

Discus and support I can't find any way to meter this in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning, I was using my smartphone to connect wirelessly to my laptop with Foxfi. With the Android Nougat update, this is no longer allowed. *Mad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by andreah1, May 10, 2017.

1. andreah1 Win User

I can't find any way to meter this

Good morning, I was using my smartphone to connect wirelessly to my laptop with Foxfi. With the Android Nougat update, this is no longer allowed. *Mad The workaround was to connect my phone thru a usb connection and use PDAnet (hope a few of you know what I'm talking about). BUT, I can't find any way to meter this. It's eating up my data (4gb's) fast. I'm less than two weeks into my monthly contracted amount and it's over 1/2 gone. That never happens when I'm metered. I have turned off all live tiles previously. The only reason I knew it wasn't metered is because yesterday it downloaded updates (grrr) and that's probably the culprit of the data sucker. I tried using this method as I have the creator's update but when I click thru I don't get a window that shows local area connection. Can anyone offer help or am I out of luck. Would the registry edit (totally afraid to try that but will attempt if it's my last resort) still work for this issue?

Edit: FYI - when I go in to look for my connection it doesn't show. All that I see on the screen is "ethernet 2" not connected. Is it possible pdanet hides the connection? I'm at a loss. I don't want to edit the registry if it's not going to help because of this.

:)

andreah1, May 10, 2017
  2. John Zab Win User

can't find cortana in any way

Alright, we suggest that you Restore from a system restore point.

This will take your PC back to an earlier point in time, specially when
    Cortana
    is still available.

Let us know how it goes.

John Zab, May 10, 2017
  3. can't find cortana in any way

so far i know what i did before cortana went missing was upgrading my windows to education for school, but i forgot

that i did that, i in the first place i didn't notice that she was gone.

the article i was talking about is Windows 10 For Education Will Not Come With Cortana | Ubergizmo

Kevin Hofstede, May 10, 2017
Thema:

I can't find any way to meter this

1. I can't find any way to meter this - Similar Threads - can't find meter

2. I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any: About 3 months ago, I was having trouble connecting to wifi. Back then when I first started my laptop for 3-4 days I had to spend an hour connecting to wifi. Every time I turned on my computer it said "Cannot connect to this network" and after an hour it magically connected....
  3. I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any: About 3 months ago, I was having trouble connecting to wifi. Back then when I first started my laptop for 3-4 days I had to spend an hour connecting to wifi. Every time I turned on my computer it said "Cannot connect to this network" and after an hour it magically connected....
  4. I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Way to find if any of these services are running in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Way to find if any of these services are running in Windows 10?: [ATTACH] When I initially installed Windows I disabled every privacy settings it wanted me to activate but last night when I logged in I saw this popup which resembled a lot to those privacy settings. I was extremely tired to process all that info and so I just clicked...
  6. Any way to find out what the updates are about?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to find out what the updates are about?: I'd like to know what the updates are for. Is there any way to find out? You'd think the notification feature in Windows 10 would tell you what the last update did or at least that your computer was restarted, but nothing there. submitted by /u/ConcentricGroove [link]...
  7. Can't find any devices

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't find any devices: I recently got Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but I can't download any of the games I want to play on to my PC. I constantly keep getting this every time I try to install a game. I do what is told of me and the Laptop that I try to download the games on is linked to the "device" in...
  8. Best way to meter net usage

Best way to meter net usage: what is the best software and way to know how did you use from your network how much did you download and upload and to set limit to download or just make notification when it reach the limit and which app download most and what are the hosts of download it's doesn't...
  9. Can't Meter Internet Connection

Can't Meter Internet Connection: I use a Verizon Hotspot with unlimited data. However, it slows way down after 10gb & this past month, it was used in 1 night by Microsoft Updates. I went to the settings to meter my data so that wouldn't happen, but the "set as metered connection" is grayed out & won't let me...
  10. Can't find any way to prevent mouse hovering from opening a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find any way to prevent mouse hovering from opening a file: One thing that drives me bonkers is having a mouse pointer open any file whose name I might inadvertently hover over for a few seconds. I want files to open ONLY when I double click them. In earlier versions of Windows it was easy to turn the open on hover feature off, which...