Windows 10: I can't find DNS in the RSAT

Discus and support I can't find DNS in the RSAT in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I installed the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10. I went to appwiz.cpl and to Windows features, scrolled down to the RSAT section... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Strahan, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Strahan Win User

I can't find DNS in the RSAT

Hi. I installed the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10. I went to appwiz.cpl and to Windows features, scrolled down to the RSAT section and everything is checkmarked. However, when I open the administrative tools control panel I do not see any DNS management option. I ran MMC and went to add a snap-in and DNS isn't there either.

Is there something special I have to do to be able to use DNS management? In Windows 7 admin tools it was simple, DNS was in administrative tools. I wasn't sure if something was wrong with my installation or if Win 10 has us do it another way.

:)

Strahan, Oct 29, 2017
  2. MP Denon Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise - 1709 RSAT

Hello,

I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1709 OS build 16299.125 and trying to get the RSAT tools working. I've installed the 1709x64 version of RSAT but when I go into Windows Features the Remote administration options are missing. This
    is happening on multiple machines in my work environment, I can't seem to find much info online about it except a few suggestions to install the 2016 server RSAT tools which didn't work. I already have the US Language pack which was another suggested fix.
    Any ideas?

MP Denon, Oct 29, 2017
  3. RSAT for windows 10 Enterprise

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just installed windows 10 enterprise today off the KMS site and I can't seem to find RSAT and Active Directory, This is crucial to my job as I'm working Help Desk. Any information on this would be great!

Thanks, Jim

JamesWalter2, Oct 29, 2017
  4. I can't find DNS in the RSAT

Hi Strahan,

I think you need to install DNS Manager please check out below url link.

Cant Find DNS Manager

FreeBooter, Nov 29, 2017
Thema:

I can't find DNS in the RSAT

1. I can't find DNS in the RSAT - Similar Threads - can't find DNS

2. dns finding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dns finding: so pretty much, im trying to get a dns so i can connect it to my switch, but when i do. it says "dns host name can not be resolved" so, im guessing this means i havent gotten the dns, even tho i got the dns from ipconfig, so how do i get a dns?...
  3. dns finding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dns finding: so pretty much, im trying to get a dns so i can connect it to my switch, but when i do. it says "dns host name can not be resolved" so, im guessing this means i havent gotten the dns, even tho i got the dns from ipconfig, so how do i get a dns?...
  4. RSAT issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    RSAT issue: I work for Cerner corporation and need to use Active Directory every day for my job. I have tried installing it through both the Microsoft website download, and also by adding RSAT as an "other feature" on my device settings. Neither of these options have worked. Whenever I...
  5. RSAT issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RSAT issue: how can i install remote server manager tools for this windows version 10........ not updated in windows features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rsat-issue/893c6651-0218-4457-962f-3e5769bcc5d0
  6. RSAT

in Windows 10 Customization
    RSAT: RSAT option is not showing in Windows features turn on or off and this command is also not working in powershell "Get-WindowsCapability -name RSAT* -online Select-Object -Property name,displayname,state ft " [ATTACH]...
  7. how do i find the primary dns suffix?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i find the primary dns suffix?: how do I find the primary DNS suffix on this laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-primary-dns-suffix/142b9c5d-3a89-4315-ba14-dbc20260c8f2"
  8. RSAT missing DNS server tool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    RSAT missing DNS server tool in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]After you download and install the RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tool) client by double-clicking the package, you might notice the DNS server tools are missing. In this post, we will provide alternative steps to install the RSATClient so that all [...]...
  9. RSAT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RSAT: Upgraded OS from Windows 10 1803 to 1903. Lost utility RSAT, can't find it in "Windows features" neither. How do I get the utility back? Thanks, Jen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rsat/3d46b8f2-7372-4618-bb46-444fc9df7001
  10. Can't Uninstall RSAT (KB2693643)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Uninstall RSAT (KB2693643): I accidentally installed the wrong update: Download Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center I installed WindowsTH-RSAT_WS_1709-x64.msu instead of instead of WindowsTH-RSAT_WS2016-x64.msu. That's fine right just uninstall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dns missing from rsat tools 1903