Windows 10: I cant find my Windows Defender option

Discus and support I cant find my Windows Defender option in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cant find my Windows Defender option. Please can someone help me out! [img] 116207 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by amans04, Aug 18, 2018.

1. amans04 Win User

I cant find my Windows Defender option

I cant find my Windows Defender option.

Please can someone help me out!

I cant find my Windows Defender option [​IMG]

:)

amans04, Aug 18, 2018

2. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 18, 2018
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 18, 2018
  4. I cant find my Windows Defender option

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

I cant find my Windows Defender option

1. I cant find my Windows Defender option - Similar Threads - cant find Defender

2. I cant find a cellular option on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant find a cellular option on my laptop: I cant find celluler option on my laptop and i dont know how to use a sim card with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-a-cellular-option-on-my-laptop/2124ff9b-6197-4f1f-8a00-99b21fcbb9c2
  3. I cant find a cellular option on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant find a cellular option on my laptop: I cant find celluler option on my laptop and i dont know how to use a sim card with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-a-cellular-option-on-my-laptop/2124ff9b-6197-4f1f-8a00-99b21fcbb9c2
  4. I cant find the wifi option anywhere in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant find the wifi option anywhere in my laptop: My wifi is working fine, but when I go to the network and internet tab, all it shows is that I am not connected, and when I trouble shoot it, it is unable to find any issues. I also can't find the wifi option anywhere inside my laptop...
  5. I cant find the wifi option anywhere in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant find the wifi option anywhere in my laptop: My wifi is working fine, but when I go to the network and internet tab, all it shows is that I am not connected, and when I trouble shoot it, it is unable to find any issues. I also can't find the wifi option anywhere inside my laptop...
  6. I cant find High Performance on my Power Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I cant find High Performance on my Power Options: I have a gaming laptop, and I want to increase my FPS, so I went to "Power Options" to change my option to "High Performance". However, I only saw 2 default power options, which was "Balanced" and "Dell"(Dell is technically the same thing as the Balanced Power Option). I've...
  7. Cant find the keyboard blacklit option.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant find the keyboard blacklit option.: Hi , My name is Rohan, i cant find the blacklit option for my keyboard, My laptops model is ,lenovo ideapad slim 3i core i5 10gen. Help me out with this problem, it gets really difficult at night times to type something. I cant even find about this on youtube, cause this...
  8. windows defender is no longer installed and cant find it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender is no longer installed and cant find it: windows defender is no longer installed on my windows 10 and restoring my system does not reinstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-no-longer-installed-and-cant/97fafff4-13bb-4cda-b8f0-3c5dcfb02769
  9. Cant find refund option

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant find refund option: So i bought a game from windows store today, but i changed my mind, and i wanted to refund it. Went to my "payment and billings" followed by order history, found the game i bought, but i cannot find the option to refund....
  10. cant find "sleep" option anywhere!?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cant find "sleep" option anywhere!?: Hi. Today i noticed that there is no sleep option under "power" in START.The same goes for sleep in "advanced power options",there r also no settings under "processor power management". Please help! Thanks in advance....