Windows 10: I Can't Find Updates With Windows Update

Discus and support I Can't Find Updates With Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth give me no errors, repaired with image_health tool of this forum. SFC /Scannow gives me unable to fix some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Be4stElectrjc, Feb 1, 2016.

1. I Can't Find Updates With Windows Update

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth give me no errors, repaired with image_health tool of this forum. SFC /Scannow gives me unable to fix some of the corrupted files, here log.SFC Details.txt

:)

Be4stElectrjc, Feb 1, 2016

2. Windows Update can't find updates

It looks like the latest version of Windows 7 (even the ISO from MSDN Subscriber Network) is hilariously out of date -- so much so, that it can't even work with the Windows Update Service. -- Once it's had a few service packs and KBs installed though, things
    start working again -- you end up with a little bit of a chicken and egg situation though.

A co-worker was able to get past this issue with a tool made by a German company for "offline updating" -- you basically tell it what OS you have, and it goes and downloads all the updates and packages them up into an offline updater that you can then run
    manually on your Windows 7 computer. -- This will get you about 80% of the way there, and afterwards a few rounds of Windows Update (which will begin working at that point) will get you the rest of the way updated.

The tool is available at: WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection

Disclaimer: I haven't used the tool yet myself, but it was recommended pretty highly by a co-worker, he said it runs at a command line on the target machine and even gives line by line output of what it's installing and it even gives you "fancy ASCII progress
    bars" (and thus is slighly more friendly than the normal Windows Update UX which gives you almost no useful information at all anyway).

YMMV.

--Mikey

TheMichaelJensen, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Windows Update can't find updates

Going through same thing. one thing left to try, install updates KB3035583, KB2952664, KB3021917 manually. Issue with the mandatory WX free upgrade. (GWX) Let you know if works here:

Windows Update for Windows 7

Teddy2016, Feb 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I Can't Find Updates With Windows Update

RE : SFC /Scannow gives me unable to fix some of the corrupted files

Please run this image restorehealth command............................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

If it fails to finish and you get an error message " sources file could not be found ", then use this Tech Bench link below and download the ISO file. You need to do that because you need the Install.wim file which only Tech Bench will provide.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.
    Then open the same command prompt (Admin), and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Feb 1, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    If you get Error 0x800f081f, operation is NOT successful.
    Are you translating from another language ?

Is it possible you post a screenshot of it ?

I gave you a method if you received " sources file could not be found ". Yes ?
    Go back and read that and follow the instruction which begins with downloading the iso file from Tech Bench.

davidhk, Feb 1, 2016
  6. I have the iso mounted on K:

Be4stElectrjc, Feb 1, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    You are using Italian language. Your translation is flawed.

You have the old Win 10 version. You have Windows 10 version 10240.
    My method I gave you will not work because the link I gave you is for Window 10 version 10586. That will not apply to you.

What you need to do is to update your version to 10586.
    Why you don't get the update from Windows Update ?
    You are NOT running the Windows 10 Enterprise version, are you ?

Use this Media Creation Tool :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

*** make sure you select the Italian language your computer is using ***

Download the Tool and run it.
    Then select Create installation media for another PC
    That will begin downloading the ISO file to your computer.
    When download is completed, RIGHT click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin installing Windows 10.
    You have the choice of keeping settings, files and apps, or keeping nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Feb 1, 2016
  8. I Can't Find Updates With Windows Update

I don't know why i didn't get the 10586 update.
    Windows 10 Pro.
    SFC /scannow and Restorehealth don't find errors now.

Be4stElectrjc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I Can't Find Updates With Windows Update

1. I Can't Find Updates With Windows Update - Similar Threads - Can't Find Updates

2. Can't find KB4530689 on window update catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find KB4530689 on window update catalog: My window server 2016 face the samesite error.December 10, 2019—KB4530689 OS Build 14393.3384 - Microsoft SupportI want to download KB4530689 for resolve it.I search KB4530689 in Microsoft Update Catalog but not found....
  3. Can't find KB4530689 on window update catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find KB4530689 on window update catalog: My window server 2016 face the samesite error.December 10, 2019—KB4530689 OS Build 14393.3384 - Microsoft SupportI want to download KB4530689 for resolve it.I search KB4530689 in Microsoft Update Catalog but not found....
  4. Can't find the update button in settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find the update button in settings: I made sure my computer met all the requirements for upgrading Windows 11 ,but I didn't see the update button in the Settings ,why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-update-button-in-settings/4064470c-4ab6-41f6-b4a8-6d13d162ac73
  5. Windows 10 can't find updates

Windows 10 can't find updates: Dear support I really need help. I haven't been able to do any windows updates for months now and simultaneously can't see any internet-connection when logged in to an account. I've tried all the described steps in this thread twice:...
  6. why can't i find the pause update button?

why can't i find the pause update button?: I followed all the guidelines, got to as far as advanced options in schedule updates and cannot find the pause updates button or any pause at al. Where is it and why is this hidden?...
  7. I can't find the update I need in the Windows Update Catalog. What do I do?

I can't find the update I need in the Windows Update Catalog. What do I do?: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I tried finding the standalone update for KB4023814 in the Microsoft Update Catalog, but it was not there. What do I do? How do I compensate for this update?...
  8. Can't find Windows Update--or Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't find Windows Update--or Settings: I'm running 1803, which has not updated since October. Nothing about updates is on Control Panel, and when I click the Settings icon I just get Control Panel again. So where's the update button and how do I get there? FWIW, I have a Core 2 Quad Q6700 and 10 GB of RAM. 130322
  9. Windows Update not finds update

Windows Update not finds update: Hi, today I'm returned into Insider's Program but Windows Update not finds any update. If I open the app "Hub Insider" it shows me that I have the build "th1 10240 Professional". I tried to reset Windows Update, I tried to change by slow to fast ring and vice verse but...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise - Windows Update Can't Find Update 1511

Windows 10 Enterprise - Windows Update Can't Find Update 1511: My computer is running Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows Update refuses to download and install the version 1511 update. I've tried to press "Search for updates" multiple times, but it still keeps telling me that it's updated. The last update (apart from Windows Defender...