Windows 10: I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures

Discus and support I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop with windows 10. I recently backed up my photos from my old computer and want to put them on my new computer. It keeps saying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeorgeDebo, Aug 15, 2018.

1. I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures

I bought a new laptop with windows 10. I recently backed up my photos from my old computer and want to put them on my new computer. It keeps saying access denied. I know its not the hard drive because everything else works except the photos. I need help.

:)

GeorgeDebo, Aug 15, 2018

2. Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures

External hard drive is not accessible

Hi,

For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information:

• Have you tried using different ports to connect your external hard drive?
    • Did you try using other devices to connect your hard drive and access the files?

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures

1. I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures - Similar Threads - cant access external

2. cant find my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant find my external hard drive: cant find my external hard drive my usb port are not reading anything except my usb mouse and all drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-external-hard-drive/5d65fbed-7a01-4f18-9b38-c89579ed7d1f
  3. cant find my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant find my external hard drive: cant find my external hard drive my usb port are not reading anything except my usb mouse and all drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-external-hard-drive/5d65fbed-7a01-4f18-9b38-c89579ed7d1f
  4. I cant access my external hard disk C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant access my external hard disk C drive: I have an internal hard disk which i cant access, when try to boot it, it says preparing to repair disk and will load forever, I kept it like for 36 hours and nothing happened, so i tried to repair it with a bootable win 10 usb, but the usb also wont load it will get stuck at...
  5. I cant access my external hard disk C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant access my external hard disk C drive: I have an internal hard disk which i cant access, when try to boot it, it says preparing to repair disk and will load forever, I kept it like for 36 hours and nothing happened, so i tried to repair it with a bootable win 10 usb, but the usb also wont load it will get stuck at...
  6. I cant access my external hard disk C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My external hard drive is unable to be accessed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external hard drive is unable to be accessed.: When I try to access my external hard drive on my laptop, it just says that the drive is not available and that access is denied. I have a lot of important files on it so I would like to keep them if possible....
  8. External Hard Drive No Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive No Access: My external Seagate Backup Plus Drive shows up as E:\ when I plug it in but is not able to be accessed. I could see under right click properties that it was an NTFS drive and the name but zero for used, free, and capacity. I could get in from the command prompt and got one...
  9. External Hard drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard drive not accessible: My external hard drive was unplugged accidently. When i plugged it back into the computer, it recogonized a previous error with it and was in the process of fixing those errors automatically when it was accidentally unplugged again. Now when i plug in my external drive the...
  10. External Hard drive not accessible...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard drive not accessible...: Hi All, External Hard drive not accessible...? I have 1TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim 200gb cloud Hard Drive. It was working fine on Win 7 earlier, I formatted my desktop and installed win 7 OS since then my exernal hard drive is not initializing. My external hdd was not...