Windows 10: I can't get Cortana to start/work

Discus and support I can't get Cortana to start/work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't get Cortana to start/work - just says it's disabled for my area UK, UK english - time zone London - what's going on here? 17895 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dch1950, Aug 19, 2015.

1. dch1950 Win User

I can't get Cortana to start/work

I can't get Cortana to start/work - just says it's disabled for my area UK, UK english - time zone London - what's going on here?

:)

dch1950, Aug 19, 2015

2. i cant get start to work and apps and cortana shearch

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• When you say, "I cant open up the internet app" what exactly are you referring to?
    • Are you facing any issue with Windows Store app or any third party applications?
    • When you say, "i cant get start to work and apps and cortana shearch" what exactly are you referring to?
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 19, 2015
  3. i cant get start to work and apps and cortana shearch

I cant open up the internet app I just reinstalled every thing same thing is going on I when to device manager and when I clicked on help clicke on edge to open it with and it says the gui shell has been disabled some features that are available in the
    gul I have no idea what to do

tonyaranda, Aug 19, 2015
  4. I can't get Cortana to start/work

quite common

quite a few fixes - main one is - give it time tbh

try setting all regions - language packs etc to UK

and let forum know

leftcheats, Aug 19, 2015
  5. dch1950 Win User
    I did all that ages ago - speech recognition works OK though. Quite common is it - that seems to imply a patchy roll out and even patchier updates to me. As I've already said elsewhere, MS didn't really think this one through (IMHO) in the rush to save face.

dch1950, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I can't get Cortana to start/work

1. I can't get Cortana to start/work - Similar Threads - can't Cortana start

2. Start menu and Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and Cortana not working: Hi, I uninstalled a quality update of windows 11 because my computer has been freezing several times and after I uninstalled, my computer went well for only a few minutes before it freezed again. My cursor was the only thing that can move while my PC frozed. It showed me a...
  3. start button and Cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button and Cortana are not working: I was receiving a message as my window's license will expire soon so I ask to the technical support Microsoft about it they said it because I have a old version so they take remote control of my pc an install a new version as they said I didn't know but the look it's very old...
  4. Cortana "I can't seem to get the internet working..."

in Cortana
    Cortana "I can't seem to get the internet working...": Cortana is basically offline and can't respond to anything. I'm up to date, Win 10 1903 build. Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-i-cant-seem-to-get-the-internet-working/6d044da3-8905-4f61-b7e0-769984207859"
  5. Cortana started working.

in Cortana
    Cortana started working.: After weeks of fruitlessly searching the Microsoft forums, among many others, trying to find out why my Cortana stopped listening to me, why she would not answer me, why she seemed to shut down immediately after asking her to do something on my Windows 10 system, all of a...
  6. Start menu not working, Cortana not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu not working, Cortana not working.: I'm on Windows 10 and the following stopped working: Start menu Cortana Notifications on task bar Wifi connections list button on task bar Windows + I ( We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date) I...
  7. Start Menu and Cortana Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and Cortana Not Working: So for the past couple of months I've been dealing with this issue. I managed to fix a couple of other issues with my computer, mainly wifi driver issues but I still can't open up my start menu or cortana. Another Issue I have are daily blue screens from driver failure fslx....
  8. start menu is not working and cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu is not working and cortana: suddenly my start menu and cortana is not working please help fast 33252
  9. Can't enable Location, to get Cortana to work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable Location, to get Cortana to work?: Hi, I was hoping this would get fixed, as I'm assuming its a bug. However, few months into use and its still not working - so thought I'd give here a go *Smile Cortana complains that it needs access to my location to work (really not sure why!) So, going into Location...
  10. Cortana and Start Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Start Menu Not Working: After the most recent Windows Update, the Start Menu and Cortana stopped working. You can't type in the search bar and can't click on anything in the Start Menu. This is Windows 10 on a Dell XPS that was originally Windows 7. I tried a bunch of things and when I did a sfc...