Windows 10: I can't get java to work in IE 11.

Discus and support I can't get java to work in IE 11. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just installed JDK Version 1.8.0_112-b15, and I can't get it to work in IE 11.321.14393.0. In the Java Control Panel, I have "Enable Java content in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gregyurkon, Oct 20, 2016.

1. I can't get java to work in IE 11.

I just installed JDK Version 1.8.0_112-b15, and I can't get it to work in IE 11.321.14393.0. In the Java Control Panel, I have "Enable Java content in the browser" checked, and in the JCP's Network Settings I have "Use browser settings" selected. In Internet Options, I have "Active scripting" and "Scripting of Java applets" enabled and "Enhanced Protected Mode" disabled. Before installing Java, I made IE the default browser. At Verify Java Version, when I click "Verify Java version," I just get, "Verifying Installation...The Java detection app will ask for permission to run...," and no app ever appears. What else can I do to get applets to work?

:)

gregyurkon, Oct 20, 2016
  2. MSpencer Win User

Java and Adobe Flash no longer work in IE11 after Windows 10 update

I ran windows update getting the 1510 build, and after all the restarts, Java and Adobe Flash will no longer run in IE 11.

Flash will run when I use the Edge Browser but Java will not.

I have tried uninstalling java, rebooting, re-installing java and still cannot get the Pogo game site that uses Java to run.

I would like to get the ability to run that game site back.

I never see the Java console icon display when I click on one of the games to play it, before the update i saw the Java icon display in the notification area.

The website seems to be constantly recovering itself in IE 11.

I have tried all the settings that Java says to check to get the Add-on to get Java to work

MSpencer, Oct 20, 2016
  3. DBum1015 Win User
    Updating Java always fails after a few minutes

Hello!

You can't download Java with Edge. However, Windows 10 still includes Internet Explorer 11. Try using IE 11 to download your Java update. You'll also want to uninstall the older Java version(s) that are installed on your computer also. Just go to the
    Java Website on IE to get the latest version. To uninstall any outdated version(s) just follow
    this link.

If you have any further questions, feel free to respond back. Thank you!

Dustin

DBum1015, Oct 20, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

I can't get java to work in IE 11.

Do you need the JDK version or just JRE?

pbcopter, Oct 22, 2016
  5. JDK.

gregyurkon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I can't get java to work in IE 11.

1. I can't get java to work in IE 11. - Similar Threads - can't java

2. I can't download Minecraft Java edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download Minecraft Java edition: I trying to download Java edition of minecraft to my windows 11 system. I have been able to download Bedrock Edition, but in the minecraft launcher the Java Edition still says "Buy Now". It was purchased as a bundle of both editions. Do I have to uninstall Bedrock to install...
  3. I can't download Minecraft Java edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft Java edition: I trying to download Java edition of minecraft to my windows 11 system. I have been able to download Bedrock Edition, but in the minecraft launcher the Java Edition still says "Buy Now". It was purchased as a bundle of both editions. Do I have to uninstall Bedrock to install...
  4. Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update: This happened after uninstalling java 8 update from my pc with a third party app called Geek Uninstaller, the reason i used geek uninstaller is because I wanted to fully remove java from my pc including registry files and then do a fresh reinstall, but now i can't even run...
  5. Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update

Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update: This happened after uninstalling java 8 update from my pc with a third party app called Geek Uninstaller, the reason i used geek uninstaller is because I wanted to fully remove java from my pc including registry files and then do a fresh reinstall, but now i can't even run...
  6. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do? Error Code: 0x80004005...
  7. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do? Error Code: 0x80004005...
  8. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

9. I bought Minecraft Java but now I can't play it anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Minecraft Java but now I can't play it anymore.: I bought Minecraft Java Edition using a gmail address. Now I was forced to "merge" my java and Microsoft account, but now I apparently have to buy Minecraft again. It doesn't show up in my previous purchases that I bought Minecraft since I bought it on my gmail account. What...
  10. I bought Minecraft Java but now I can't play it anymore.

I bought Minecraft Java but now I can't play it anymore.: I bought Minecraft Java Edition using a gmail address. Now I was forced to "merge" my java and Microsoft account, but now I apparently have to buy Minecraft again. It doesn't show up in my previous purchases that I bought Minecraft since I bought it on my gmail account. What...