Windows 10: I can't get past windows 10 sign in page

Discus and support I can't get past windows 10 sign in page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer it loads up and starts Windows, the sign in page comes up with the date, clock, and icon resembling a monitor. Normal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fanob5, Jan 20, 2017.

1. fanob5 Win User

I can't get past windows 10 sign in page

When I turn on my computer it loads up and starts Windows, the sign in page comes up with the date, clock, and icon resembling a monitor. Normal. Unfortunately when I click on the monitor icon (or anywhere for that matter), my personal icon, my name, and the field for the password flash on and off for a millisecond, the clock and date scroll up, reappear in their normal spot, and that's it.*Sleepy I can't get into Windows. The O/S is an upgrade, and has worked allright since I did it quite a while ago. This is new. I used my old Windows 7 Home Premium disk to get into the CMD, and although I can see all the files on the HDD I cannot start anything (eg iexplore, notepad, etc). Any thoughts?
    Thanks

:)

fanob5, Jan 20, 2017

2. i can not get past the sign-in page on Windows 10.

I got it figured out.

Thank you!

libbypoche, Jan 20, 2017
  3. i can not get past the sign-in page on Windows 10.

We have set-up Microsoft Accounts under Windows 10 on two of our laptops, however, I can't get past sign-in on second laptop 'at all'...!!!!?

How do I sync the two laptops if I can't even sign-in on the second laptop?

Thanks!!

libbypoche, Jan 20, 2017
  4. I can't get past windows 10 sign in page

fanob5,

Welcome to TenForms!

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.
    Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.
    Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.
    Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue
    Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair
    Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options

Step 6.1: Click: Advanced Options

Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot
    Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options
    Step 9: Last, select: Startup Repair (Used for problems that keep Windows 10 from loading)

Please provide an update.

cottonball, Jan 21, 2017
  5. fanob5 Win User
    Thanks for the reply, cottonball. I got as far as step 6, but somewhere along the line the system killed my mouse and keyboard, and I was unable to choose advanced options. Earlier the computer went from diagnosing to attempting to repair disk errors, but that didn't help either, although my icon stayed visible for a second or 2 longer before disappearing. *Sad I'm thinking maybe I can load Windows 7 into a spare HDD and retrieve my files that way. 10's just not working well for me.

fanob5, Jan 21, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    You can download a Windows 10 DVD and try repair with that or just install without loosing data. If you boot win 7 go-to CMD prompt type chkdsk c: / r see if it will run from there

Samuria, Jan 21, 2017
  7. fanob5 Win User
    Can't download anything without getting into windows. I was able to get into bios to allow me to boot from a disc, and that got me into command prompt to see my files were still there. However, the disc was my old Windows 7 Upgrade disc, and I couldn't run anything. I even tried loading Windows 7 on my spare HDD but the program wouldn't accept my Product key.

fanob5, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I can't get past windows 10 sign in page

1. I can't get past windows 10 sign in page - Similar Threads - can't past sign

2. Used laptop signed into Microsoft account. I can't get past sign in screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Used laptop signed into Microsoft account. I can't get past sign in screen.: HelloI have an older ASUS 554LA that was gifted to my daughter by her grandmother. Grandma passed away and unfortunately, grandma is still signed into the laptop using her Microsoft account. We have no way of getting her password to sign into the computer and change the user...
  3. Used laptop signed into Microsoft account. I can't get past sign in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used laptop signed into Microsoft account. I can't get past sign in screen.: HelloI have an older ASUS 554LA that was gifted to my daughter by her grandmother. Grandma passed away and unfortunately, grandma is still signed into the laptop using her Microsoft account. We have no way of getting her password to sign into the computer and change the user...
  4. Cannot get past sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past sign in: I have been unable to sign into my computer.. did a restore and a reset but seems to be the Microsoft sign in and won’t even let me change user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-past-sign-in/79d10603-eeb4-4b67-9772-2f888df2738f
  5. Cannot get past sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past sign in: I have been unable to sign into my computer.. did a restore and a reset but seems to be the Microsoft sign in and won’t even let me change user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-past-sign-in/79d10603-eeb4-4b67-9772-2f888df2738f
  6. Need Help Getting Past Pin from Sign in Page

Need Help Getting Past Pin from Sign in Page: The msg I receive "this sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." Don't remember the pin. I can log in to my outlook email...
  7. Need Help Getting Past Pin from Sign in Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Getting Past Pin from Sign in Page: The msg I receive "this sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." Don't remember the pin. I can log in to my outlook email...
  8. I cant get past the sign in screen

I cant get past the sign in screen: I was recently up graded to windows 11. I was,nt expecting a complete change over. I was able to start working with it, although i lost all photos, aand i didnt see the 10 day to chande it back. My problem is it was working ok yestuday, i went to get on it today and i cant...
  9. Not getting past log in page

in Windows 10 Support
    Not getting past log in page: Hi, My wife has a reconditioned Fujitsu server with Windows 10 instaled, it has been working okay until we switched it on this morning. It runs okay up to the login screen, when she logs in it goes to a black screen with a white arrow and stays like that. If I do a ctr, alt,...
  10. Can't get past sign in page when computer is sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get past sign in page when computer is sleeping: Following the last updates I can no longer get my computer to wake up without shutting it off and restarting it. Why? Thank you so much you folks are so helpful to a Nana that knows so little about computers. 20159

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get past sign in page windows 10

2. cant get past sign in windows 10