Windows 10: I cant hear anything. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio.

Discus and support I cant hear anything. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just like the title says the latest update broke my audio. After Updating, all devices in volume mixer show to be working. With the green bar jumping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by drasik, Jun 14, 2018.

1. drasik Win User

I cant hear anything. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio.

Just like the title says the latest update broke my audio. After Updating, all devices in volume mixer show to be working. With the green bar jumping every time it hears me or the pc audio but I still can't hear anything. I've trouble shot every thing I can think of. As a last resort I've come here hoping if anyone found a fix.

:)

drasik, Jun 14, 2018
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jun 15, 2018
  4. I cant hear anything. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio.

Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

I cant hear anything. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio.

1. I cant hear anything. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio. - Similar Threads - cant hear anything

2. Cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant hear anything: No sound coming out of my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-anything/a9fffb8e-2438-4779-8aca-628e0a9a58e4
  3. Cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant hear anything: No sound coming out of my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-anything/a9fffb8e-2438-4779-8aca-628e0a9a58e4
  4. I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything: I made a mistaken obviously written in the title, i don't have any input sound please help me like RIGHT NOW!! i'm sort of crying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-made-some-mistakes-i-cant-hear-anything-and-cant/81af1c58-8f23-42a0-90a5-f8b5d09ac78d
  5. I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything

I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything: I made a mistaken obviously written in the title, i don't have any input sound please help me like RIGHT NOW!! i'm sort of crying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-made-some-mistakes-i-cant-hear-anything-and-cant/81af1c58-8f23-42a0-90a5-f8b5d09ac78d
  6. I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I cant hear anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant hear anything: When ever im on a discord or google meet call. I cant hear other tabs or windows. I did change my mic setting to my laptop and output to headphones but then the mic quality is not the best. There is also a hands free option which i dont know about...
  8. I cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant hear anything: When ever im on a discord or google meet call. I cant hear other tabs or windows. I did change my mic setting to my laptop and output to headphones but then the mic quality is not the best. There is also a hands free option which i dont know about...
  9. I cant hear anything

10. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio. I cant hear anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Win 10 update broke my audio. I cant hear anything.: Just like the title says the latest update broke my audio. After Updating, all devices in volume mixer show to be working. With the green bar jumping every time it hears me or the pc audio but I still can't hear anything. I've trouble shot every thing I can think of. As a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant hear anything windows 10

2. cant hear anything since update to windows 10