Windows 10: I Can't Install an old USB HP PSC printer to my Win 10 Dell Desktop

Discus and support I Can't Install an old USB HP PSC printer to my Win 10 Dell Desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i got some new discount ink carts for my old HP 750 PSC printer and at least it can work as a copier. But I tried to plug it into my machine and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jakester, May 27, 2017.

1. jakester Win User

I Can't Install an old USB HP PSC printer to my Win 10 Dell Desktop

i got some new discount ink carts for my old HP 750 PSC printer and at least it can work as a copier. But I tried to plug it into my machine and it wouldn't recognize it as a printer Tried all sorts of driver downloads off the Web, including this one hp750psc-XP.zip (think it might be for an XP, in spite of it saying it will work on Win 10. At best my computer recognized the printer as an unspecified device in the printers and devices CP window.
    IT says it's a "Universal Serial Bus controllers" IT won't let me change or add a driver and off course the printer spool doesn't recognize it as such
    Got an
    I Can't Install an old USB HP PSC printer to my Win 10 Dell Desktop [​IMG]

:)

jakester, May 27, 2017

2. Windows 10 upgrade will not allow access to network printers

My Windows 10 laptop cannot access network printers connected by USB cable to my Vista desktop computer.
    This worked with Windows 8.1. All computers and printers are on the network.I can see and open files on the Vista computer. I can also see the printers on the network from the Windows 10 laptop but I get the "access is denied" or "we can't
    connected right now, try again later" message. The printers are a HP Laserjet 1012 and a HP 1300 PSC. Others must be having this problem as the world updates to Windows 10.

morhouston, May 27, 2017
  3. shared printing

Shared printer all setup, printer says it's printing, but nothing happens.

WIN 10 HP PSC 1400

AidedSinger7579, May 27, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

There may be more to the product model name and number as this is what HP finds in a search for HP 750 PSC:
    Support Search Results | HP® Customer Support

The file name you show may point out 2 issues, one is there is no driver available for Win10, not unusual, and the other is that driver is indeed for WinXP. There is a difference that will get in your way, your Win10 is 64-bit and WinXP was 32-bit except the Pro version was also available as 64-bit, somewhat uncommon as there wasn't much software and hardware support for 64-bit 'back then'. I have clients that had to update their printer due to no Win10 drivers, a couple were working fine on Win10 Upgraded from Win7 but wouldn't work at all on new Win10 computers due to no drivers. Fortunately it wasn't too expensive to get a new AIO/PSC printer, about $65USD at Wal*Mart.

Berton, May 27, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    HP doesn't list a 64 bit driver so you are probably out of luck.

Steve C, May 27, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    Have you tried going to Devices and Printers and Add new printer and let windows find it ?

CountMike, May 27, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    In these cases, I have a raspberry pi set up as a google cloud printer - it is amazing how many old printers are supported by google cloud print.

cereberus, May 27, 2017
  8. jakester Win User

Yes!! It Couldn't find anything

jakester, May 27, 2017
  9. jakester Win User
    thanks for the tip, but can you give me more 411 on that

jakester, May 27, 2017
  10. TV2
    TV2 Win User
  11. CountMike New Member
    Which exact PSC printer do you have ?

These are just some I found in the list.

CountMike, May 27, 2017
  12. jakester Win User
    jakester, May 27, 2017
  13. jakester Win User

CountMike, I found the same list but there wasn't my HP PSC 750 in it

jakester, May 27, 2017
  14. CountMike New Member
    Strange I can see 750 and 750Xi in my list.

CountMike, May 27, 2017
  15. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, May 27, 2017
Thema:

1. I Can't Install an old USB HP PSC printer to my Win 10 Dell Desktop - Similar Threads - Can't Install old

2. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  3. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  4. windows 11 home and an old windows 10 supported HP PSC 1610 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home and an old windows 10 supported HP PSC 1610 printer: A friend has windows 11 home and an old windows 10 supported HP PSC 1610 printer but HP does not support it on windows 11. Does any one have any ideas?...
  5. windows 11 home and an old windows 10 supported HP PSC 1610 printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 home and an old windows 10 supported HP PSC 1610 printer: A friend has windows 11 home and an old windows 10 supported HP PSC 1610 printer but HP does not support it on windows 11. Does any one have any ideas?...
  6. HP printer driver for hp psc 1215 all-in-one printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer driver for hp psc 1215 all-in-one printer: Upgraded to Windows 10 but cannot find the printer driver for my hp psc 1215 all-in -one. HP support tell you to use drivers supplied by windows but when device is connected Windows can't find a driver. Can anyone help....
  7. installing an old printer on win 10

installing an old printer on win 10: Hi, I want to install a canon laser shot lbp1120 printer on my pc with win 10 but actually can't find a driver for that, how should I do, its any way to install it?...
  8. Windows 10 built in driver for HP printer psc 2410?

Windows 10 built in driver for HP printer psc 2410?: Hi, I am trying to use Windows 10 built in driver for HP printer psc 2410. I clicked on "The printer that I want isn't listed" and used Windows Update. But series 2400 is missing from the list - I see series psc 2350 and psc 2500. How can I find and install Windows 10...
  9. Having trouble finding drivers for old HP PSC 1410 printer

Having trouble finding drivers for old HP PSC 1410 printer: Windows 10 x64, HP PSC 1410 The printer works fine using HPLIP on a Ubuntu VM, but on windows, I cant get it to print, only scan. I've tried all I can think of. I've tried using HP's All-In-One installer which ended in a fatal error, using generic drivers that did not...
  10. Can't install HP printer driver in Win 10 64

Can't install HP printer driver in Win 10 64: I've uninstalled everything HP I can find on my PC and keep getting the same error message see below Any help would be most welcome folks. Thanks. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot