Windows 10: I cant install or delete anything.

Discus and support I cant install or delete anything. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, Im having huge problem after I updated win7 to win10. I cant install anything or delete anything from my computer. Can anyone tell me what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gorekid, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Gorekid Win User

I cant install or delete anything.

Gorekid, Sep 13, 2015

2. I can't remove or install anything. I need permission from the Administrator.

My user account is locked and I cannot remove or install anything. The box says NO to any changes. I need permission from the administrator. I am the administrator.

MurielLoveless, Sep 13, 2015
  3. I can't remove or install anything. I need permission from the Administrator.

Log out to the sign in screen.

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Command Prompt

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator /active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Check if your can uninstall apps.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 13, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hello Gorekid and welcome to the forum! *Smile

Please see quote below
    And the OP replied
    Please let us know if this solves your issues. Thanks

WhyMe, Sep 13, 2015
  5. Gorekid Win User
    It actualy worked i turned off my sound and I can do everything now, thanks a lot! After I turn my sound back on I still cant do anything honestly I dont know how to change UAC to lowest setting, can you explain how to do it?

@EDIT:

Do you mean this setting?

https://i.imgur.com/oTxYTfc.png

Gorekid, Sep 13, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    If you have to keep UAC at lowest setting then please be aware of the following:

• UAC is necessary to 'harden' your system. ie To protect your device against malware that gets past AV programs and firewalls.
    • This should only be considered a temporary fix and it is recommended you reset UAC back to it's original state, once a permanent solution is found
    • I do not **believe** there is a permanent solution at this moment in time
    • By either disabling or lowering UAC settings, you accept the potential increased risk of subsequent malware infection

How to Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10

WhyMe, Sep 13, 2015
  7. Gorekid Win User
    Ok i got it now it works! Thank you.

Gorekid, Sep 13, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

Cool *Smile

Please read my previous post in case you have missed it.

And please mark this thread as solved so that it can help others (just click on the "solved" button).

Thanks *Wink

WhyMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I cant install or delete anything. - Similar Threads - cant install delete

2. i cant instal anything on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant instal anything on microsoft store: i dont know why but the emplacement were is suppose to clic to Install a app on the microsoft store is Grey and is charging to infinity ?!?!?!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-instal-anything-on-microsoft-store/c839b50e-0e95-4f69-8603-488bdad4049d
  3. i cant instal anything on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant instal anything on microsoft store: i dont know why but the emplacement were is suppose to clic to Install a app on the microsoft store is Grey and is charging to infinity ?!?!?!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-instal-anything-on-microsoft-store/c839b50e-0e95-4f69-8603-488bdad4049d
  4. i cant instal anything on microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. i cant install anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i cant install anything: i cant install anything from mc store and nothing worked i even tried reinstalling windows from the settings error code: 0x80070005edit its downloading just not installing now i played leauge of legens and its says:...
  6. i cant install anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant install anything: i cant install anything from mc store and nothing worked i even tried reinstalling windows from the settings error code: 0x80070005edit its downloading just not installing now i played leauge of legens and its says:...
  7. i cant install anything

i cant install anything: i cant install anything from mc store and nothing worked i even tried reinstalling windows from the settings error code: 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-anything/0723bd47-6611-4d4d-b1e5-5259be5c08d6
  8. cant delete anything on my external hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant delete anything on my external hdd: So I have an external HDD connected to my laptopwhich is running windows 10 educational edition and I can't delete files on my external HDD. This error comes up You need permission to perform this procedure Request permission from DESKTOP-1TBN17TJuraj to modify this folder....
  9. Cant install Anything // I keep getting this

Cant install Anything // I keep getting this: Cant install Anything // I keep getting this Message All i am trying to do is find a good EZ screenShot app for Desktop so i have installed Lightshot Snagit and icecream Recorder when trying to install all i get is this [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img]...
  10. Cant install Anything // I keep getting this

Cant install Anything // I keep getting this: Cant install Anything // I keep getting this Message All i am trying to do is find a good EZ screenShot app for Desktop so i have installed Lightshot Snagit and icecream Recorder when trying to install all i get is this [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img]...