Windows 10: I can't make shortcuts for somethings

Discus and support I can't make shortcuts for somethings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been trying to make short cuts for a few things it goes to my desktop but when i go to use it the short cut isn't there, what can I do to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Santanas Mom, Jul 22, 2018.

1. I can't make shortcuts for somethings

I have been trying to make short cuts for a few things it goes to my desktop but when i go to use it the short cut isn't there, what can I do to fix this?

Thank you

:)

Santanas Mom, Jul 22, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.I can't make shortcuts for somethings :)

terrace, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 22, 2018
  4. I can't make shortcuts for somethings

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

I can't make shortcuts for somethings

1. I can't make shortcuts for somethings - Similar Threads - can't shortcuts somethings

2. I can't make a purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't make a purchase: Please try again in a few minutes. We are unable to complete the verification check on your payment method at this time.I want to try using a free trial from Windows 365, but every time I make a purchase it keeps failing, I've read an article where the problem is the same as...
  3. I can't make a purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't make a purchase: Please try again in a few minutes. We are unable to complete the verification check on your payment method at this time.I want to try using a free trial from Windows 365, but every time I make a purchase it keeps failing, I've read an article where the problem is the same as...
  4. Making something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making something: Im making a TV/PC Frankenstein "thing" using Rainmeter and some other apps. I want everything to be clear so anything i can i want to be just icons floating. Are there apps that can help me with this? Windows, Chrome are my biggest problems right now. I can't find any apps to...
  5. How can i make shortcut for Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i make shortcut for Mail: How can i make shortcut for Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-shortcut-for-mail/b2759a70-71d4-43d4-b871-a774f849059a
  6. Making shortcuts with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making shortcuts with Windows 10: Is it possible to make desktop shortcuts for websites with Microsoft Edge? I can make them with Internet Explorer but they don't seem to work with Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-shortcuts-with-windows-10/0ce60b30-e290-466b-8740-9691396ff1d3
  7. What is the **reason** that "Windows can't make a shortcut here" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the **reason** that "Windows can't make a shortcut here" ?: I need to reduce the volume of my C:\ drive by about half; it is a 222GB partition of an SSD drive at the moment. My plan is just to move as many folders that are today in C:\ to the internal non-SSD drive of my laptop, and replace the folders with "shortcuts" to the real...
  8. I can't make shortcuts for some things

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't make shortcuts for some things: I have been trying to make short cuts for a few things it goes to my desktop but when i go to use it the short cut isn't there, what can I do to fix this? Thank you 114567
  9. Make a Windows Update shortcut?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Make a Windows Update shortcut?: I'd like to have an icon or shortcut to Windows Update, preferably in the Start Window. Currently I have to type "Update" in search to get there. 3 steps, very clunky. In Windows 7 we had a link in the Start > Programs Menu. Something like that. 40207
  10. I Can't add Shortcut To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    I Can't add Shortcut To Desktop: Hi all,.. I've downloaded Steam onto a new separate SSD ('D' Drive) that's been formatted to GPT NFTS. Steam wanted to place a Shortcut on the Desktop 'C' drive which I was happy about. However, I think permission has been denied. A pop-up message appears saying:,.....