Windows 10: i can't make sumatra pdf reader my default.edge won't let me

Discus and support i can't make sumatra pdf reader my default.edge won't let me in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to use Sumatra pdf reader as my default pdf reader.windows 10 will not let me.no matter how many times I click on make Sumatra my pdf reader,it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wenconn, Aug 21, 2018.

1. wenconn Win User

i can't make sumatra pdf reader my default.edge won't let me

I want to use Sumatra pdf reader as my default pdf reader.windows 10 will not let me.no matter how many times I click on make Sumatra my pdf reader,it won't let it happen.i click on a pdf and the edge browser opens and displays the pdf. how do I stop this and make my Sumatra my default pdf reader? in the default apps list, pdf do not show up.so i can't make a change there.

:)

wenconn, Aug 21, 2018
  2. micropage7, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Edge keeps defaulting as PDF viewer

hi, i tried that as well as just changing the file type by right-click over a .pdf, properties then change PDF.

However, in both cases if EDGE launches it becomes the PDF reader again even though it cannot open PDF..

Sometimes in the default programmes window, I cannot uncheck the PDF box..

I use a portable version of Sumatra reader (single file .exe which is not installed on the PC)

Why does EDGE grab the .pdf extension if it cannot open PDF?

GS-toshiba laptop, Aug 21, 2018
  4. i can't make sumatra pdf reader my default.edge won't let me

TairikuOkami, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

i can't make sumatra pdf reader my default.edge won't let me

1. i can't make sumatra pdf reader my default.edge won't let me - Similar Threads - can't sumatra pdf

2. Windows will not let me install the Adobe PDF reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not let me install the Adobe PDF reader: I have a spanking brand new Windows 11 laptop. I need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader in order to print a Post Office shipping label. So I went to Adobe and downloaded the app. But every time I try to open the file, I get an error message that says The app you’re trying...
  3. Windows will not let me install the Adobe PDF reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not let me install the Adobe PDF reader: I have a spanking brand new Windows 11 laptop. I need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader in order to print a Post Office shipping label. So I went to Adobe and downloaded the app. But every time I try to open the file, I get an error message that says The app you’re trying...
  4. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Hi, I use Adobe Acrobat DC to open PDF files. Whenever Windows updates, it sets my default PDF opener to Edge. I'll dutifully go into Settings and change my PDF preferences back to Adobe, and wait for the next time it happens. Sometimes I'll go weeks without this happening,...
  5. Edge won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge won't let me sign in: In the the Win 10 Pro Settings I clicked on Help which opened the robot window. I asked my question and eventually clicked on Speak to a person Message a Windows Advisor. After filling in my name, question etc I clicked on the arrow and a red message popped up saying I needed...
  6. Default PDF reader keeps switching to Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default PDF reader keeps switching to Edge: I have a computer in my organization that keeps switching the default PDF reader to Edge. We have wiped the profile and rebuilt it, replaced the laptop with a new fresh image to no avail. The users default PDF reader keeps switching from Adobe DC Pro to Edge. We do not...
  7. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 1809 Installed on: 4/17/2019 OS Build: 17763.557 After going to settings and setting the default PDF viewer to Adobe Reader, then the next day, Edge is back as the default with no user intervention. This has happened twice so far in two...
  8. Changing default PDF reader

Changing default PDF reader: I have two PDF reader files installed. The first is Adobe Reader which is required by specific programs issued by the Australian Taxation Office - NO other reader is permitted or works. The second, and my preferred reader is Nuance Power PDF Standard. I want the second...
  9. default pdf reader

default pdf reader: I had foxit, it would not open pdf files as default, edge, firefox, chrome, they all opened as default depending which browser I was using. Uninstalled foxit, removed all traces with revo uninstaller. Reinstalled foxit as default. Went to apps and made foxit default....
  10. Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Edge and default PDF-reader.

Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Edge and default PDF-reader.: Hi, I've been looking for a solution for my problem for months now. Since I have Windows 10 on my computer, the default pdf-reader is constantly changed back to Microsoft Edge, despite all my attempts to make Acrobat Reader DC my default one. I have made the change of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make sumatra pdf default in windows 10

2. sumatra in microsoft edge

3. how to make sumatra your default pdf reader in latest version 10

4. sumatra pdf on win 10 1903,
  5. cant set sumatra as default app,
  6. microsoft edge is not lettingg me make sumatra pdf the default