Windows 10: I cant open any EXE files

Discus and support I cant open any EXE files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 laptop, When I got this I was able to open EXE files but now I'm not sure why it has not been working and it says "Windows cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IgnacioRomo, Aug 10, 2018.

1. I cant open any EXE files

Windows 10 laptop, When I got this I was able to open EXE files but now I'm not sure why it has not been working and it says "Windows cannot find 'Supposed File' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" (Also I'm not very computer wise so, sorry)

:)

IgnacioRomo, Aug 10, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    How to open a .exe file

Hi,

An EXE file (also known as executable file) contains an executable program for Windows. EXE is short for "executable," and it is the standard file extension used by Windows programs.

For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Were you getting an error when opening a .exe file?
    • Was it compressed (zipped)?

Usually, you can just double left-click the .exe file (if not compressed) to open it. However, if it's compressed, you need to install a 3rd party software to extract it.

We're looking looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 10, 2018
  4. I cant open any EXE files

can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

I cant open any EXE files

1. I cant open any EXE files - Similar Threads - cant open EXE

2. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  3. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  4. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot open ANY .exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open ANY .exe file: Hi all, Sorry for the style. I’m on my phone. So today I installed Emacs from gnu.org, and opened my first .sml file. Later I tried to open the .sml by double click it and I think I chose Emacs to open it. Then suddenly a console prompts out and it changes all of the...
  6. Not opening any .exe extension files in Windos10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not opening any .exe extension files in Windos10: On the other day I tried to open an app which is of .exe extension the cursor appears loading and then it disappears, I have used the same app the day before it worked perfectly and then I tried to run the "cmd->exe" in command prompt, it shows "This app cannot run in your...
  7. Cannot open any exe file.....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot open any exe file.....: I am using windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Whenever I try to open any exe file then it will automatically open chrome. Also chrome keeps on downloading AsusTPLoader. Also, cannot open chrome settings. I restart my PC few a lot of times but chrome is not behaving properly....
  8. Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB: Yup, you read that right. I really hate this since I need to install Windows (32-bit) via a thumb drive. Executive files inside the original hard drive does not affect this. All of the .exe files don't work (other type of files still work). But I can still access...
  9. I cant open any .exe files! [(0xc0150004)]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant open any .exe files! [(0xc0150004)]: hi I have an problem I try Turkish support team but they cant do anything and I want try English support team I have problem with .exe files I cant open anything I can open only Microsoft Edge I tried some codes on cmd but not worked I give some screenshots in there...
  10. Cant open some .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open some .exe files: I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont. The pop up says: "Windows cannot find "C: .exe" Make sure the name was typed correctly" [img] [img] 80284