Windows 10: I can't open jpg files with the Photos app under Windows 10. Tried everything recommended.

Discus and support I can't open jpg files with the Photos app under Windows 10. Tried everything recommended. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I start Photos app, it appears and then disappears almost immediately. If I try to force it to open a jpg file which other programs open just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AllenOutlook, Jul 21, 2018.

1. I can't open jpg files with the Photos app under Windows 10. Tried everything recommended.

If I start Photos app, it appears and then disappears almost immediately. If I try to force it to open a jpg file which other programs open just fine, it gives a File System Error -2147219196. This is getting very old. Someone at Microsoft has changed something.

:)

AllenOutlook, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 21, 2018
  4. I can't open jpg files with the Photos app under Windows 10. Tried everything recommended.

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

I can't open jpg files with the Photos app under Windows 10. Tried everything recommended.

1. I can't open jpg files with the Photos app under Windows 10. Tried everything recommended. - Similar Threads - can't open jpg

2. .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.: On Windows 11.Starting recently. attempts to open .jpg images causes the error message "...The specified module could not be found"". I rebooted but this didn't help. I ran Restoro but it found no issues. I checked and image files open using other apps such as Paint and...
  3. .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.: On Windows 11.Starting recently. attempts to open .jpg images causes the error message "...The specified module could not be found"". I rebooted but this didn't help. I ran Restoro but it found no issues. I checked and image files open using other apps such as Paint and...
  4. CAN'T OPEN JPG FILES IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAN'T OPEN JPG FILES IN WINDOWS 10: I'm trying to open JPG files using the default photo viewer and it won't work. There's a pop-app message saying "file system error - 2147219196". I was able to open these files in the past in my computer and was also able to open it in my phone sent it via email. would...
  5. Photos app can't read jpg

Photos app can't read jpg: I moved files from one Windows 10 PC to a new one and found many of my photos could not be opened. This is the error: "It looks like we don't support this file format" for jpg files and a few gifs. These photos are viewable on my old PC and the default app to view them is...
  6. Can't open Photos, Paint 3D and JPG files

Can't open Photos, Paint 3D and JPG files: I have a friend who installed the latest Windows 10 update last week, but after installation she was missing all her data. I discovered that her profile had become corrupt with the user profile set to a backup status, and each time she logged in she was using a temporary...
  7. can't open jpg file

can't open jpg file: I am not able to open a jpeg/jpg file in win 10 system which I have bought earlier while I was doing the same with the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-jpg-file/e6289ee6-ced8-44c6-807c-cddbb70db2ec"
  8. can't open jpg files

in Windows 10 Support
    can't open jpg files: Hello i have sometimes the next problem :some of my hundrends pictures i have taken with mobile phone will not open with default windows 10 photo viewer or any third party program.All these pictures are opened correctly in the past and suddenly won't open.Appears the message...
  9. Unable to open jpg files via Photo app and windows 10

Unable to open jpg files via Photo app and windows 10: I cannot open gopro photos which are jpg files. I was able to some months ago but today I cannot open the photos I use to be able to view nor new photos. My laptop is up-to-date. What has happened - is there a problem with Window 10? I need to view these photos - please...
  10. "We can't open this file" on JPG photos Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    "We can't open this file" on JPG photos Windows 10: I'm in a bit of a panic. I can't open 90% of my JPG photos. I have changed my default program to Photos, and downloaded a Reg Fix that seems to have helped others with the same issue. Still no change. When I go into the properties of a photo that cannot be displayed, all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open onedrive photographs package failed updates dependency conflicts

2. Ive tried everything and still cant open my photos

3. app to open jpg files

4. cant assciate a jpg file to photo app,
  5. cant open Jpg files in Windows 10,
  6. tried everything cant fix windows 10 photos app