Windows 10: I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

Discus and support I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by I beg, Apr 18, 2024.

1. I beg Win User

I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the search bar to my knowledge, I beg

:)

I beg, Apr 18, 2024

2. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 18, 2024
  3. duckvenom Win User
    Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Apr 18, 2024
  4. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

1. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command... - Similar Threads - can't open search

2. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  3. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  4. i can't run application as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't run application as administrator: Hello team,I recently installed a new windows 10 image, it was working fine, until last week i notices that i can't run any app as administrator, I'm Network engineer and i need to run CMD as admin to add routes, and when i look at my account, i found it standard and can't...
  5. I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.

in Cortana
    I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.: I have tried so many things, installing Windows 10 again and searched and followed so many tutorials but none of them have worked. Please help me, thank you....
  6. I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.: I have tried so many things, installing Windows 10 again and searched and followed so many tutorials but none of them have worked. Please help me, thank you....
  7. I can't search on the Windows Search Bar and I can't search in file explorer.

8. Can't run as administrator. I can't run anything as admisnistrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run as administrator. I can't run anything as admisnistrator: Hello, I have a problem. I want to delete some programs and i always got access problems. When i tried to open cmd as administrator it opnes but not as administrator. When i write sfc/scannow i i got error "you should run as administrator." Can you help me please? I...
  9. Can't run as administrator. I can't run anything as admisnistrator

Can't run as administrator. I can't run anything as admisnistrator: Hello, I have a problem. I want to delete some programs and i always got access problems. When i tried to open cmd as administrator it opnes but not as administrator. When i write sfc/scannow i i got error "you should run as administrator." Can you help me please? I...
  10. Can't run as administrator. I can't run anything as admisnistrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security