Windows 10: I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

Discus and support I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fodder, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Fodder Win User

I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I can't organize my apps at all. I want to see a tree. I have folders, and then I have sub folders. I've gone through both C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and %appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsThe best I get is organizing them into subfolders and then all items end up in the main folder

:)

Fodder, Apr 21, 2024
  2. loyall Win User

In Win 10 some apps are not listed in the Start Menu

Two of my most used programs are listed in the uninstall programs list, but do not appear in All Apps in the Start Menu, nor do they appear in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. Any suggestion how I can add them to my Start Menu, other than with tiles,
    which I do not use?

loyall, Apr 21, 2024
  3. I can't seem to be able to edit the tiles on the start menu with Windows 10?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What exactly happens when you try to edit the tiles on the start menu?
    • Aren't you able to organize the tiles?

If you have tried it on the Start Menu style, we would suggest you to check in the full screen style and check.

To do so,

• Right click on an empty space in the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click Start and then move the slider to the right to turn on full screen and then try to edit the tiles and check
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Apr 21, 2024
  4. Cliff S Win User

How to Move Desktop Icon to start Menu or create a tile.

I have even added my batch files to the apps list*Wink
    1. You need to create a desktop shortcut for it first by "send to desktop".
    2. Then cut & paste it into C:\Users\UserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    3. Open start menu and look on the list view, right click the icon(always make my own), and pin to start.
    4. I then go to my batch files original location, and a 256x256 .png of my icon, and an XML .VisualElementsManifest to it, and now I have my custom tile for my batch file.

I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles. 96093d1485970610t-how-move-desktop-icon-start-menu-create-tile-image-001.png

I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles. 96094d1485970610t-how-move-desktop-icon-start-menu-create-tile-image-002.png

I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles. 96095d1485970610t-how-move-desktop-icon-start-menu-create-tile-image-003.png

Cliff S, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

1. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles. - Similar Threads - can't organize start

2. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  3. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  4. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  5. Empty Start Menu After Getting Rid of Tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Empty Start Menu After Getting Rid of Tiles: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zuh3nt5hd6a51.png?width=397&format=png&auto=webp&s=db2791f3d05873b8399f06e366eec8e7d014fb24 submitted by /u/jaaaamis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hp5kno/empty_start_menu_after_getting_rid_of_tiles/
  6. Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps)

Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps): [ATTACH] Hi, i have recently downgraded skype to more usable version, but the older version dose not show in my start menu's tiles. i would like to add it into the quick start icons because that helps me manage my space better on the quickstart. Just to give you an idea...
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  9. Can't manipulate start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't manipulate start menu tiles: It happened a while back and I've found that I can't find any ways to fix it. When I say tile I also mean shortcut. I dont know the correct term. I cannot add new tiles or move/rearrange the existing tiles or tile groups. The only way I can remove them is by finding the...
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326