Windows 10: I can't play a game and the directory does not look right

Discus and support I can't play a game and the directory does not look right in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am on vacation for the next ten days and while I'm not doing anything, I'd like to be entertained by playing games on my new laptop that bought and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ACMDogfight1997, Aug 28, 2017.

1. I can't play a game and the directory does not look right

I am on vacation for the next ten days and while I'm not doing anything, I'd like to be entertained by playing games on my new laptop that bought and received prior before leaving for vacation. However, one of the games that I would like to play isn't acting right. After uninstalling and reinstalling Battlestations: Pacific to get it to work with Games for Windows Live, I'm now at a problem in which I can't play the game because of "missing file privileges" and the game appears to not have installed correctly as there's no game .exe or any other files even though I waited about 15 or so minutes for the game to install from steam (what was going on while all that was happening?).

I can't play a game and the directory does not look right [​IMG]

I can't play a game and the directory does not look right [​IMG]

I never had this problem with any game before and I don't know how to solve it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

:)

ACMDogfight1997, Aug 28, 2017

2. Update for resident evil 4 not working

I can't update resident evil 4 on my xbox1. It keeps giving me error code 0x8b050069 and when I look up the code it tells me it doesn't exist but it obviously does since I'm getting it all I want in life right now is to play this game. Someone please help.

Adam Mcgarry, Aug 28, 2017
  3. Does the Game DVR record the Mic?

I did a nice a recording of a sweet game i played on Dota 2. Game recording quality was awesome and didn't skip a beat in game! No slowness or lag. I didn't get any game audio though. That was really strange. I would also like a Record Microphone option.

I did find a way to change the directory because i didn't want gigs of videos eating up my SSD. All i did was right click on the videos folder in your user folder and click on location then change the location to

(your drive letter you want):\videos

You then can also change the default location drive for future captures/screenshots ...etc see link below.

Change default Game DVR folder settings (Build 10122) • r/Windows10

Overall having native game/screen recording is a major + in my book!

MikeDettore, Aug 28, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

I can't play a game and the directory does not look right

Try what is shown here
    [youtube]kK61ysp0bb4[/youtube]

5. It worked, thanks.

ACMDogfight1997, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I can't play a game and the directory does not look right

1. I can't play a game and the directory does not look right - Similar Threads - can't play game

2. Can't play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't play games: I just updated from windows 10 to windows 11 and I didn't loose any downloaded stuff because my storage is at the same but I can't find any of my games on windows 11. Where are they in file explorer and where should they be to run them?...
  3. Can't play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play games: I just updated from windows 10 to windows 11 and I didn't loose any downloaded stuff because my storage is at the same but I can't find any of my games on windows 11. Where are they in file explorer and where should they be to run them?...
  4. I can't play games due to holding down keys not working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play games due to holding down keys not working right: Hi,I have been having an issue with my laptop for a couple days now. Like a true gamer, I prefer to have my controls as wasd. However I have noticed while playing games such as toontown and minecraft that when I hold down certain keys for certain periods of time the...
  5. I can't play games due to holding down keys not working right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't play games due to holding down keys not working right: Hi,I have been having an issue with my laptop for a couple days now. Like a true gamer, I prefer to have my controls as wasd. However I have noticed while playing games such as toontown and minecraft that when I hold down certain keys for certain periods of time the...
  6. Storage space, does this look right to you?

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage space, does this look right to you?: So according to Windows, there's 225GB of my SSD consumed by apps. This is fairly recent, a couple of days ago I noticed the drive had filled up. It used to be much emptier, but I can't remember exactly how empty or when, because the drive was so empty I never paid any...
  7. Does this look right to you?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does this look right to you?: I am about to replace a sata Win 10 hard drive (1Tb) with a 250Gb ssd The existing drive is a gpt setup even though its only 1tb. As I will be cloning the existing drive, this will mean that the ssd will be GPT. Is this best left the same or should I convert it later to NBR?...
  8. can't play game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't play game: because of error error D3DCOMPILER_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll... anyone has a fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-game/3a9f451a-831f-4083-b93f-8e8f3a2a9fc5
  9. I can't play old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play old games: Can somebody help i have windows 10 4 gb ram 3.1 ghz processor and 2 gb graphics card. Today i want to play game called x ray ball and it's released in 2004 but i can't play i just crash i have problems too in some old games from that year or another. Old games are so slow...
  10. Folder does not appear to look right, how to change it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder does not appear to look right, how to change it?: This started right after the last update- I have a folder with pics in it, then the folder has created a line in the folder separating my pics, I cant delete this weird line, if I try to upload a pic that is below this line it will not upload cause pic is not there even...