Windows 10: I can't remove a program which is not responding, despite requesting Win 10 to close it,...

Discus and support I can't remove a program which is not responding, despite requesting Win 10 to close it,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There is a green-grey bar above my task bar, containing a web address 'rover.ebay.rover.com/0e ...etc', and a Microsoft Windows box informing me 'the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ronald SmithSU, Jul 4, 2018.

1. I can't remove a program which is not responding, despite requesting Win 10 to close it,...

There is a green-grey bar above my task bar, containing a web address 'rover.ebay.rover.com/0e ...etc', and a Microsoft Windows box informing me 'the application is not responding...do you want to end this process?' But the 'end process' button has no effect, nor do the other key combinations; and meantime all other programs can't be opened. The computer is, in effect, locked and unusable. How can I get beond this impasse?

:)

Ronald SmithSU, Jul 4, 2018

2. Unable to close a Program that is not responding in Windows 10

While playing videos games i am constantly running into an issue where the game stops responding (Ex: Fallout 3 through Steam) I realize this has to do with A: The game not being compatible with Win 10 and B: Possibly some Mods i have active. However here
    is the dilemma: When it stops responding i cannot end the program. My only option is to restart the entire computer. When i pull up the task manager it is inaccessible behind the black screen of the now frozen program. I have waited hoping windows will close
    it for me, but it will not. Any suggestions on how to close the program without having to do a full reboot every time?

JoshuaBrody, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 4, 2018
  4. AliceZ Win User

I can't remove a program which is not responding, despite requesting Win 10 to close it,...

Win 10 closing and open programs

When I close my Win 10 there are a few "open" items showing but they are visible for less than a second and I cannot see the names of the program(s) that is still open and then Win 10 closes. With my Win 7 if there is a program open when I closes Win 7,
    it will show me the open program(s) and ask me if I want to same them, force close, etc. However, Win 10 doesn't do this because the file name goes away very quickly for me to make note of the name. How can I tell which program was open when I close Win 10,
    if I can't read the name(s)?

I believe one program was "Program Manager" but not sure because it went off the screen so quickly.

I wonder why Win 10 doesn't have the same closing notification which I can read as my Win 7 has?

No one else using Win 10 have this "problem" when closing and a program is still open?

Is this something to worry about? I don't need any more worries as I am still trying to discover what I like about Win 10 over Win 7.

AliceZ, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

I can't remove a program which is not responding, despite requesting Win 10 to close it,...

1. I can't remove a program which is not responding, despite requesting Win 10 to close it,... - Similar Threads - can't remove program

2. Can't Remove a Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Remove a Program: I'm unable to uninstall Trend Micro password manager because windows says the file is missing. I've tried to reinstall it to correct the missing files but the reinstall stops and tells me I already have password manager installed. I've deleted all files for password manager...
  3. Can't Remove a Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove a Program: I'm unable to uninstall Trend Micro password manager because windows says the file is missing. I've tried to reinstall it to correct the missing files but the reinstall stops and tells me I already have password manager installed. I've deleted all files for password manager...
  4. Save As Not Responding ....."Working On It....." Chrome, CLOSE THIS PROGRAME.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Not Responding ....."Working On It....." Chrome, CLOSE THIS PROGRAME.....: Hi there, I just have this issue since yesterday I can't save any file like usual to my computer. It just freezes and I have to close the programme every time. I try to search online for some ideas like scfscannow but detect no issue at all....
  5. Programs closing with no warning WIN 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs closing with no warning WIN 10: Not sure what event would indicate the source of the problem. On startup apps open then immediately close. Faulting application name: TextInputHost.exe, version: 2001.22012.0.551, time stamp: 0x5f7e6ecc Faulting module name: GTII-OSD64.dll, version: 2.0.6.4, time stamp:...
  6. Windows 10 not responding to ARP requests

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not responding to ARP requests: On an internal LAN no Internet access, I have setup a TFTP server on a Windows 10 Pro PC to serve as a boot server for laboratory devices. The PC's IP address is 10.1.1.2 A RPi3, running a DHCP server, is on 10.1.1.1 Lab devices are in the range 10.1.1.100 through...
  7. how to accelerate dialog not responding - close program

in Windows 10 Support
    how to accelerate dialog not responding - close program: Hello! Very often I use Canon Digital Professional. I am satisfied with, but if I want to shut down the application I end up in the dialog "dialog not responding - close program" and the message, that an error report will be created. This costs 5 seconds and more. Is it...
  8. Can't remove a program.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove a program.: I installed a screenshot program on my new laptop/tablet combo, but it doesn't work right and I can't uninstall it. It keeps saying the program is still running. I don't know how to shut it off. I just bought this and now I've ruined it. Please help. This is an Avigo...
  9. Can't close Win 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't close Win 10 Start Menu: So I've had Win 10 for awhile now and despite issues with keeping it from updating I've never had much trouble with it, but all of a sudden like two weeks ago my computer suddenly stuck the start menu in full screen. Whenever I turn it on and try to start up a program off...
  10. Which startup programs should I remove?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which startup programs should I remove?: These are my startup programs, which are not necessary that I should remove? Akami Netsession Client Avast Antivirus AMD Catalyst Control Center Java Update Scheduler Logitech Gaming Framework (I use logitech g430 headphones, I dont know if this program is necessary for...