Windows 10: I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

Discus and support I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am the administrator, but whenever i try to rename a file on the desktop it says "File Access Denied" and that i need to provide administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kosamchetoo, Dec 26, 2016.

1. I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

I am the administrator, but whenever i try to rename a file on the desktop it says "File Access Denied" and that i need to provide administrator permission to rename the file. How to fix it?

:)

kosamchetoo, Dec 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 Media creation tool- error code: 0x80070005 - 0x20000

When i am trying to rename the file it is displaying access denied message

Piyush GuptaVM, Dec 26, 2016
  3. RJames- Win User
    WIndows 10 Update - Stuck at 95% ; 82% Configuring Settings

I've tried this but I get "Access is denied" when I try to rename the files

RJames-, Dec 26, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

spunk, Dec 26, 2016
Thema:

I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

1. I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied) - Similar Threads - can't rename files

2. access denied to .BAT file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    access denied to .BAT file: I did a clean install of 1809 as I was having some issues no one had an answer for. In the process 1903 was released so I updated. I had to reinstall a program that was working in 1809. It is run inside a BAT file that first accesses my NAS to copy data files. The BAT...
  3. Why can't I rename this file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I rename this file?: That is the question. This is some kind of Hauppauge WinTV system file that is the prime suspect in BSODs. I decided to try to rename the file instances and see if that corrected the BSOD. I renamed two of the three instances I found, but can't rename this one. I changed...
  4. Access denied , Files locked.

Access denied , Files locked.: Hello , So i have this very very old hdd and i am looking for an AMV video i did yeaaars ago. It may be somewhere inside it , but when i try to look at some files i can't cause they are locked. Tried Iobit , tied to unlock them (uncheck the encrypted property) , but i can't...
  5. Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.: How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this...
  6. Administrator denied access to files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator denied access to files: I'm having issues with installing iTunes. The previous iTunes libraries will not open as it says I don't have permissions. I've tried to change permissions and I have to have authority to do that. How do I fix this? Debbie...
  7. Access denied to folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied to folders and files: Runnin win 10 since 2 weeks. Trying to copy all files from external HD to new second internal HD. some files copied no problem, other files and folders will either not copy (administrator rights) or are outright "access denied". All are films, no programs. I got full...
  8. File access denied to many files

in Windows 10 Support
    File access denied to many files: Since Upgrading to Windows 10, I am now experiencing problems accessing many files? How can I gain access to ALL my files? Can this be done in one operation, easily, or is it difficult? Step by Step instructions would be greatly appreciated? Thanks 30302
  9. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590
  10. Denied Access to delete files

in Windows 10 Support
    Denied Access to delete files: I am experiencing the infamous Blue Screen irregularly and I suspect from reading posts it is linked to AVG Internet Security product. I bought this but later canceled it and thought I had uninstalled it. However later I found that the uninstallation left a lot, if not all,...