Windows 10: I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

Discus and support I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am the administrator, but whenever i try to rename a file on the desktop it says "File Access Denied" and that i need to provide administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kosamchetoo, Dec 26, 2016.

1. I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

I am the administrator, but whenever i try to rename a file on the desktop it says "File Access Denied" and that i need to provide administrator permission to rename the file. How to fix it?

:)

kosamchetoo, Dec 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 Media creation tool- error code: 0x80070005 - 0x20000

When i am trying to rename the file it is displaying access denied message

Piyush GuptaVM, Dec 26, 2016
  3. RJames- Win User
    WIndows 10 Update - Stuck at 95% ; 82% Configuring Settings

I've tried this but I get "Access is denied" when I try to rename the files

RJames-, Dec 26, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

spunk, Dec 26, 2016
Thema:

I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

1. I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied) - Similar Threads - can't rename files

2. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  3. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  4. I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied": I was asked to update Windows 11 this morning. I did so without problem, and now I'm locked out of every single file and folder. I get the "Accessed Denied" message. This happens whether I open from File Explorer or from within Microsoft Word, for example, where I get that I...
  5. I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied": I was asked to update Windows 11 this morning. I did so without problem, and now I'm locked out of every single file and folder. I get the "Accessed Denied" message. This happens whether I open from File Explorer or from within Microsoft Word, for example, where I get that I...
  6. I can't rename a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't rename a file: so when I try to rename a folder it just closes like it just refreshed itself and I can't change it CPU: Intel Core I9 9900k GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Super Motherboard: TUF Gaming Z370+PLUS DIMM 32 GB DDR4 SSD Samsung 970 EVO 500gb...
  7. File Access Denied

File Access Denied: I am trying to add a comment to a URL shortcut on my desktop. So, I right click the file, choose Properties, then Details. I fill in the Description field. I hit Apply and get: File Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to apply properties to this...
  8. Can't Rename A File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Rename A File: Hello, I wanted to rename a movie because gom player doesn't play long names. When i try to change it's name it changes back to original name. I couldn't fix it please help. submitted by /u/Bilge1212 [link] [comments]...
  9. Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.: How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this...
  10. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590