Windows 10: i cant run both RUN and CMD programs

Discus and support i cant run both RUN and CMD programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; both cmd and run dialog boxes aren't accessable. I type them in search box, the programs are there, but when I click on them, nothing happens. whats... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pathfinder, Mar 1, 2017.

1. i cant run both RUN and CMD programs

both cmd and run dialog boxes aren't accessable. I type them in search box, the programs are there, but when I click on them, nothing happens. whats wrong and how to fix it? I need cmd to run because sometimes, my Ethernet connection is down, so I type the usual commands to clear up connection. -for now, iam on wifi.*Shock

:)

Pathfinder, Mar 1, 2017

2. I can't run programs that I used to run on Windows 7

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I will surely help you with this.

To understand the issue better please let us know

1. What is the make and model of the PC?

2. What is the error message that you receive when you try to open the games?

Meanwhile I will suggest you to run the older programs in compatibility mode and see if it helps

Please refer the following link to make older programs run in this version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

(Also applies to windows 10)

Also I would suggest you to download drivers from manufactures website and see if it helps:

Download and Install driver.

Driver software allows your computer to communicate with hardware or devices.

You can download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

After you have downloaded the driver:

a) Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select "Properties".

b) Select "Compatibility" Tab.

c) Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and
    select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

d) Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Please get back to us with the answers and we will be glad to help you.

Deepak Krishnan R, Mar 1, 2017
  3. I can't run programs that I used to run on Windows 7

I installed my free Windows 10 upgrade last week. I previously had Window 7, and all programs on my hard drive or my DVD/CD auxiliary drive worked. Since then, I cannot run certain programs on my computer that are on my hard drive. Specifically, I cannot
    run games that have a CD/DVD component. They won't open at all due to a series of error messages. One specific game is Civilization III. I receive multiple error messages. First message is "run as administrator". I do this, but then there are other problems.
    I have applied troubleshooting. First, this attempts tp run my Windows 10 as Windows 7, but this also crashes and says files incompatible. This seems to be true for any CD based program or game that has not been fully downloaded to my hard drive--that is
    the CD player must kick in and drive some video or other auxiliary program. I never had a problem with Windows 7. What can I do? I want to uninstall Windows 19 and restore my Windows 7 operating system if I cannot resolve these problems, because they are
    widespread. None of this has anything to do with internet compatibility, which is about the same as for Windows 7. Running programs on my hard drive is one of the primary uses I have for my computer, and it is gone.

PeterCiarleglio, Mar 1, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

i cant run both RUN and CMD programs

If you right click on start is it not there?

Samuria, Mar 1, 2017
  5. hi! I had to go to windows file-system32.. scroll to cmd and pin to taskbar..then I was able to run it. on start menu, cmd isn't responsive at all.. no real worries.

Pathfinder, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

i cant run both RUN and CMD programs

1. i cant run both RUN and CMD programs - Similar Threads - cant run both

2. Why can't we run programs through cmd?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't we run programs through cmd?: When we type in run for example "firefox" or "vlc" it works.And in CMD or PowerShell it doesn't happen the same.Since the directory that firefox and vlc are in is not in Path in the Environment variables....
  3. CMD not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD not running: I tried running CMD, and flashes and cloes in a instant in both normal, and run as administrator. I found a help forum which asked to try and run it in a different user account, for some reason this seems to work. However I am still unable to run CMD in the original user...
  4. Cant access local disk and run cmd as admistrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant access local disk and run cmd as admistrator: Cant access my local disk c, showing zero bite used space and zero free space and access denied to any program in /c , cant run cmd as admistrator, also showing unable to display current owner, cant add or change account, cant please help anybody or anyspirit i just need help...
  5. program not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program not running: I have installed a program from eleksmaker (laser engraver) this program works well on my old computer but I've a second computer with win10 home on it but this program will not run on the new computer even after several download attempts. I have tried for over two days to...
  6. Running program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running program: unable to run a program due to denovu drive error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-program/8fa3a698-fdf0-4898-93eb-8f93fc203aa5
  7. run,cmd not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    run,cmd not opening: i opened my start menu and in that i opened windows system in which there is no run and cmd options only taskmanager is present hoe to re insall run and cmd...
  8. Cant run certain app program

Cant run certain app program: I clean my registry. But i 4got to back it up.now, i cant click "file folder>options".Cant use system restore "error 0x80073b01 the resource cache doesnt have loaded mui entry" both in safe mode and normal mode.. And repairing windows failed.please help...
  9. programs not running...

programs not running...: Friends came over... wanted to show them the Windows 10 beta I am running. When i click on the start icon, nothing. When I click on IE-11 nothing. Yet when I click on File-explorer or FireFox there isn't a problem. I have rebooted and shut-down several time. Yet no...
  10. Python.exe and pip (both run from cmd) "stop working" instantly

in Windows 10 Support
    Python.exe and pip (both run from cmd) "stop working" instantly: Does anyone have any ideas as to why Python and pip "stop working" when run from cmd? For instance, if I go into cmd and type python -v (to check version), Windows will give me the "stopped working" window. Same with pip (when trying to update packages). What's really weird...