Windows 10: I can't run Windows PowerShell

Discus and support I can't run Windows PowerShell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, can you help me? I can't run WIndows Powershell (even as admin or not), it say "C:\Users\ASUS K84L\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vengeance455, Apr 23, 2017.

1. I can't run Windows PowerShell

Hey guys, can you help me?
    I can't run WIndows Powershell (even as admin or not),
    it say "C:\Users\ASUS K84L\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows PowerShell\Windows PowerShell.lnk",

I can't run Windows PowerShell [​IMG]
    i try to run via directory and then windows say "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Any idea?
    Any help would be appreciated. Sorry with my bad english

:)

vengeance455, Apr 23, 2017

2. Can't run Powershell or cmd.exe as administrator

I had the same problem to say until i did this:

1. Go to the search bar

2. Type cmd admin

3. Right click and run as admin

4. It should pop up the run Admin thing now click yes and your done!

I dont know why this is working and not just typing cmd and right click and run as admin. I just typed cmd admin and runned it as admin.

AryanAkbari, Apr 23, 2017
  3. Hutch2018 Win User
    Can't run Powershell or cmd.exe as administrator

I had the same problem on the same day as you (Jan 10 2018). Then I remembered that earlier in the day Avast had put a file consent.exe in its virus chest. I restored that file and everything worked as normal again. So I guess that Avast is throwing up
    a false positive for that file at the moment and we both were the victims. If you are not using Avast, it might nevertheless be worth checking your consent.exe file. I do hope that this helps.

Hutch2018, Apr 23, 2017
  4. mQ573 Win User

I can't run Windows PowerShell

The message is clear: Restricted access has been set for certain(s) program(s). Do you own the computer? Are you an administrator?

And of course: Is your machine infected? *Shock

Try to create a new user account and check if the issue persists.

Since you're running Win10 Pro, you have access to Group Policy. There is an Administrative Template "Don't run specified Windows Applications". Run it.

See https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48257
    and https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...ive-templates/

mQ573, Apr 23, 2017
  5. mQ573 Win User
    Maybe I came up too strong. Forget about Administrative Templates for the moment.

Instead, using the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    and look at what's there, like a key named PowerShell in your case.

mQ573, Apr 24, 2017
  6. That message looks similar to what I have, because I have blocked PS from running, like this:

Code: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "DisallowRun" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun" /v "1" /t REG_SZ /d "powershell.exe" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun" /v "2" /t REG_SZ /d "powershell_ise.exe" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Apr 24, 2017
  7. yeah, i found it

Should I delete that registry key?

vengeance455, Apr 26, 2017
  8. pparks1 Win User

[/quote] Is there a reason you do not want powershell to be able to run?

pparks1, Apr 26, 2017
  9. TairikuOkami, Apr 26, 2017
  10. pparks1 Win User
    Sure, .net tools could be used to craft attacks, but I am pretty sure very few boxes were compromised by people going through weaknesses in powershell. I could see a questionable user, who insists on running as an admin, executing a powershell script which does compromise the system.

I am a big powershell user, and am going to GUI less Windows server which must be managed by powershell remotely. Different strokes I guess.

pparks1, Apr 26, 2017
  11. I have delete that registry, but after I restart my laptop, that registry appear again

i think, maybe the main problem is on Task Scheduler or Services which cause registry re-adding again

vengeance455, Apr 27, 2017
  12. TairikuOkami, Apr 27, 2017
  13. I can't run Windows PowerShell

I didn't touch anything on Group Policy, so it's still default configuration

Something's running that is adding it. Personally, i don't mind if i have to delete that registry first before I use/open PowerShell, but I just curious with it

vengeance455, Apr 28, 2017
  14. What security software do you use?

You could check out in Autoruns for anything odd.

TairikuOkami, Apr 28, 2017
  15. Hi, it's solved now, the only one cause that is my additional AV (SMADAV) block powershell since windows start.
    Just set Allow on SMADAV and everything goes well

Thank you for all your help, i will mark this thread solved *Smile

vengeance455, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't run Windows PowerShell - Similar Threads - can't run PowerShell

2. Windows PowerShell automatically runs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PowerShell automatically runs: Hi some days ago Windows PowerShell started running automatically. when it runs, it opens 10 to 15 tasks when I see in the task manager. can someone please help to stop this thing.Thanks...
  3. Windows PowerShell automatically runs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PowerShell automatically runs: Hi some days ago Windows PowerShell started running automatically. when it runs, it opens 10 to 15 tasks when I see in the task manager. can someone please help to stop this thing.Thanks...
  4. I can't open powershell

I can't open powershell: I have try it in Terminal: but it can't start with error code: [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000]Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-powershell/a72573a4-3714-414e-bddd-dc15d98fa745
  5. Powershell can't run appx commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell can't run appx commands: So a few windows processes are hogging up all my memory and cpu such as the gaming services which I never use I do play Minecraft java But I doubt it uses gaming services. So I wanted to get rid of those. I tried running some appx commands which were given on the forum And...
  6. Powershell can't run appx commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell can't run appx commands: So a few windows processes are hogging up all my memory and cpu such as the gaming services which I never use I do play Minecraft java But I doubt it uses gaming services. So I wanted to get rid of those. I tried running some appx commands which were given on the forum And...
  7. Powershell can't run appx commands

8. Windows 10 PowerShell not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 PowerShell not running: I tried running windows PowerShell from my windows 10 professional version 2004 laptop but on clicking it nothing happens. However, when I tried running it as administrator, I got the message,"The item you selected is unavailable. It must have been moved, renamed or removed....
  9. Windows Sandbox can't run PowerShell?!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sandbox can't run PowerShell?!?: When running in Windows Sandbox I can't run any PowerShell scripts at all. I get an error that states that, "Version v4.0.30319 of the .NET Framework is not installed and it is required to run version 3 of Windows PowerShell." and I have .net version 4.8.03752 installed on...
  10. Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd: [img] [img] The screen shots show results of running Code: "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe" /@=Quick[/quote] in both PS and Cmd. The problem is I have made a task in Task Scheduler to run this command daily and, apparently, Task Scheduler insists on...