Windows 10: I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only...

Discus and support I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I restarted the computer and now it's like this. I can't see the images and the files only show their names... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pingu _84, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Pingu _84 Win User

I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only...

I restarted the computer and now it's like this. I can't see the images and the files only show their names

:)

Pingu _84, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Saplling Win User

Invisible Folder Icons

For some reason, some of my icons are just straight up invisible. Not even showing the default white paper icon, just invisible.

I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only... 2323a56e-a9eb-481a-b7e3-c4fa6ef4685b?upload=true.png

(The first file is a folder and the other is an access database)
    These two are on my desktop and no matter what I do they just stay invisible, even if I try to customize the folder icon.
    I tried:

-Clearing my Icon Cache
    -Restarting File Explorer through task manager
    -Restarted my PC a couple of times
    and so on.

Any idea how to fix this?

Saplling, Dec 3, 2023
  3. White Win User
    List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Dec 3, 2023
  4. I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only...

Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only...

1. I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only... - Similar Threads - can't folder icons

2. I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see the folder icons, only their names. In addition, all files are invisible, only...: I restarted the computer and now it's like this. I can't see the images and the files only show their names https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-the-folder-icons-only-their-names-in/6b6f22ea-5ccc-40fd-a7c6-cf2d43f43188
  3. All icons invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All icons invisible: All my icons, both on the desktop, and in explorer, are completely invisible. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache. I tried SFC/scannow. I tried a clean install of my graphics driver. I tried a clean boot. I have tried everything I can think of, but the problem persists. I...
  4. All icons invisible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All icons invisible: All my icons, both on the desktop, and in explorer, are completely invisible. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache. I tried SFC/scannow. I tried a clean install of my graphics driver. I tried a clean boot. I have tried everything I can think of, but the problem persists. I...
  5. can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.: I would like to see the pictures as they used to show. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-pictures-in-my-folders-only-thumbnails/18aec8d4-7bce-42d6-a2fa-8037001a81ca
  6. can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.: I would like to see the pictures as they used to show. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-pictures-in-my-folders-only-thumbnails/18aec8d4-7bce-42d6-a2fa-8037001a81ca
  7. All of my folders are "read-only" and I can't untick it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of my folders are "read-only" and I can't untick it.: Every folder I've checked through its properties are ticked as "read-only", and I can't remove the black square. I tried going on the command prompt and typing these commands:• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth•...
  8. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  9. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  10. Icons Not Showing only file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons Not Showing only file name: I know Microsoft word converts a pdf to editable word file..Now the issue I m facing 1. I opend the Word 2016 version 2. was browsing for a pdf file from my pc 3 .I noticed in the browsing search box while loading all the pdfs from user folder the icons were changing...