Windows 10: I can't see the folder which I copied from another HDD that uses W10

Discus and support I can't see the folder which I copied from another HDD that uses W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my bad english or any grammar mistakes. A friend of mine gave his laptop to me and said the windows cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Windowslover, Jul 11, 2017.

1. I can't see the folder which I copied from another HDD that uses W10

Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry for my bad english or any grammar mistakes.

A friend of mine gave his laptop to me and said the windows cant start. I took it, had a look, and realized it was full off viruses.
    * I took the HDD out, connected it to my desktop which is W10. I backed up all his pictures to my PC. And did a scan with malware bytes and Norton. Cleaned all bad stuff. All is fine
    * I installed a clean W10 to his laptop installed all drivers and stuff. All is fine again.
    * Then I connected his HDD back to my desktop to copy all his pictures back. I didt it without any errors.
    * And last, i connected the HDD back to his laptop and started it.

* Here is where the story starts, the windows opened well, but something is wrong. I cant see any of the folders and pictures that i copied from my PC. It shows the data usage, its there but i cant' see it !

* I took it out and connected to my desktop again, and it still shows the data usage but i can't see any of the folders.

Sorry for my bad english again, I hope you guys can help me.

Thanks a lot

:)

Windowslover, Jul 11, 2017

2. File copied to hdd doesn't show in explorer

I recently copied a folder with photos and videos, approx 45gb, from a notebook running windows 7 ultimate (32 bit), to a hdd that I removed from another notebook running windows 10 home (32 bit), when I refitted the hdd to the notebook, the folder does
    not show.

I had the hdd in an enclosure, connected through usb, and checked to make sure it had copied correctly - opened 3 or 4 files, before safely removing. I have since removed the hdd again, and connected to another notebook running windows 10 home (64 bit),
    using the same enclosure etc. When opened, the hdd shows all the same files it showed when connected to windows 7 notebook, except for the copied folder.

The hdd is showing around 45gb less space, so the folder must be there, I have settings set to show hidden files/folders, and the folder was copied straight into C: so I can't work out why I can't see it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Boss260XR8, Jul 11, 2017
  3. Nyltje Win User
    The device is not ready. (internal)

I can't open the .exe file. Also I tried copy it to my ssd, but I can't copy things from my download folder to the ssd. I can copy it to an another hdd, but it's not opening either.

Nyltje, Jul 11, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

I can't see the folder which I copied from another HDD that uses W10

Put the HDD back into your desktop. If you can see the folder with the pictures, etc, open the folder properties and check the shortcut target, like C:\Users\Name\Pictures. I suspect the User Name is not the same as laptop profile. If YOU are the User Name vs Friend, put the HDD back in laptop and create Local Account with Your name, verify the folders are visible in your profile and copy over contents to his corresponding folders under C;\Users\Friend's Name. Good Luck

mrgeek, Jul 11, 2017
  5. thanks for the reply, i connected it to my desktop again, i can't see the folders of my friend. nothing. It shows the data usage but the folder is missing.

6. mrgeek Win User
    The next thing I would try is to copy the folders (I hope they are still on Your Desktop) to a usb thumb drive/ext HDD and then copy to correct laptop folders . That is a sure solution.

mrgeek, Jul 11, 2017
  7. Unfortunately i did not copy them. I cut and pasted *Sad i wish i had copied them.

Its so annoying that i know the folder is there, i can see the data usage about 90gb s. But i cant reach it. I tried to show the hidden files, the attrib command. Nothing works.

I still need help *Sad

8. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Jul 11, 2017
  9. Windowslover, Jul 11, 2017
  10. Stevekir Win User
    This is interesting, but I looked at WizTree and could not find what it does! I don't understand its statement "Find the files and folders using the most space on your hard drive - QUICKLY"

Does it find a file that has been deleted from a HDD? (Obviously, before it has been overwritten).

Stevekir, Jul 11, 2017
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey Stevekir,
    Not it's not going to find deleted files. It just allows you to see folders/files and their size, that would normally be hidden by windows (ie.. you don't have Show Hidden Files - checked and/or Hide Protected Operating System Files - unchecked)

Eagle51, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't see the folder which I copied from another HDD that uses W10 - Similar Threads - can't folder copied

2. I can't see all processes which are using my memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see all processes which are using my memory: As You can see the Screenshot total memory usage is 85% but when adding up the processes' memory usage its doesn't actually add up how can I see the process using so much memory and reduce the memory usage . I have McAffe Anti - Virus installed ....
  3. I can't see all processes which are using my memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see all processes which are using my memory: As You can see the Screenshot total memory usage is 85% but when adding up the processes' memory usage its doesn't actually add up how can I see the process using so much memory and reduce the memory usage . I have McAffe Anti - Virus installed ....
  4. I can't see UWP apps/games which I moved to my external HDD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see UWP apps/games which I moved to my external HDD.: I recently decided to reset windows on my PC, and moved all the games/apps and files which I wanted to keep onto a WD Passport 2TB HDD. I moved games from Steam as well as a couple of UWP games. I moved the UWP apps onto the external HDD through the apps menu in settings....
  5. I can't see UWP apps/games which I moved to my external HDD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see UWP apps/games which I moved to my external HDD.: I recently decided to reset windows on my PC, and moved all the games/apps and files which I wanted to keep onto a WD Passport 2TB HDD. I moved games from Steam as well as a couple of UWP games. I moved the UWP apps onto the external HDD through the apps menu in settings....
  6. I can't see UWP apps/games which I moved to my external HDD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. can't copy a large folder from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't copy a large folder from one drive to another: trying to copy a large folder windows.old, about 13 gb from C; to D;. process stops in midstream and hangs. ideas? On a windows 10 desktop PC...
  8. I can't see the Windows.old folder.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't see the Windows.old folder.: I'm trying to delete older versions of Windows but I can't see the folder anywhere. It's not in the Storage Sense menu, Disk Clean-Up, File Explorer, and the Run app can't find it either. It's taking up a lot of storage in my PC so I can't upgrade to newer versions! The...
  9. How do I copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder: I'm asking how to copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder, not move the folder, itself. The Documents folder seems to have a special status, and the normal copy-paste approach seems to only work for a limited number of folders at one time. Unusual things...
  10. Copy folders from 1 disk to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy folders from 1 disk to another: What the heck is wrong with Win 10? At the present time I'm running Win 10 Ver.1909, OS build 18363.692 and can't even copy folders from one disk to another. The folders are on a Samsung 1tb SSD and copying to a WD 3TB disk. When I select a folder, for example "MP3's" it will...