Windows 10: I can't shut down properly.

Discus and support I can't shut down properly. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am having a strange issue. When I first recieved my laptop, it was running Windows 7. I did the Windows 10 update, but found the boot time to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Danfun64, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Danfun64 Win User

I can't shut down properly.

Hello. I am having a strange issue. When I first recieved my laptop, it was running Windows 7. I did the Windows 10 update, but found the boot time to be slow, so I installed Windows 10 from scratch (well, kind of. I left my Linux partitions [Which I installed long after I got the laptop but before the Windows 10 update] untouched). That's when I first noticed the problem: Whenever I tried to shut the laptop down, it would go through the motions, and then I would be stuck with the laptop monitor turn off but the laptop still running. I can't use fast boot or hibernate at all unless I cancel it out by taking out the power and battery and hold the power button for a minute.

I wish I knew more about this problem, but I don't. Have any suggestions?

:)

Danfun64, Aug 14, 2015

2. My HP computer will log in but after logging in, it will constantly freeze up.

My HP computer will log in but after logging in, it will constantly freeze up. It will also not load all of my programs like my speaker icon and my one drive. After being stuck for a while, it will refresh the screen but the screen will stay black. I can't
    access anything on my computer and I can't shut it down properly but when I was finally able to shut it down properly it took about ten minutes to fully shut down. It also lags to the extreme.

MatthewZimmerman, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Jacky@Tan Win User
    Windows 10 can't shut down properly

My PC has suddenly unable to shut down properly. After I click the Shut Down, my PC stuck and I can't click anything. If I click, the Windows will becomes Not Responding.

I did not download anything on that day, which means on the previous day I could shut down properly.

I did not have any updates in my PC in this month.

I have closed all the programs before shutting down.

I had tried disabling Fast Shutdown but ut will takes forever to shut down.

Hope someone or the developers will come and solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Jacky@Tan, Aug 14, 2015
  4. I can't shut down properly.

possom2009, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Danfun64 Win User
    That wasn't related to the problem. It had to do with how my laptop handles GPT support. I started over with MBR and the problem is solved

Danfun64, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I can't shut down properly.

1. I can't shut down properly. - Similar Threads - can't shut down

2. "Windows not properly shut down"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows not properly shut down": New Desktop, Windows 11 all up to date.I check 'Reliability History' occasionallyHave seen this error in the past when the power supply has been switched off without shutting down Windows on other PCs.As per the image I am getting random shut downs but the PC is not shutting...
  3. Windows was not properly shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows was not properly shut down: Hello I'm Amirali.When Windows shuts down, the power goes out and the system shuts down suddenly. The next time the system turns on for a longer time but no error or warning is displayed. This causes all services and file systems to shut down suddenly; I have no problem with...
  4. Computer Not Shutting Down Properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Not Shutting Down Properly: Going to have to look into this tomorrow, but I've noticed a few times recently that when I shut down it seems to shut the OS down and my monitor goes off and everything - but the computer stays on. The light on the front stays on and it still makes a noise and I have to then...
  5. Asus Flipbook can't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus Flipbook can't shut down properly: After dropping my Asus Flipbook model UX461U, it can not shut down properly. By that, I mean whenever it shuts down, the fan is still running and I have to hold the power button down for an additional 5 seconds to turn it off.In addition to this, I noticed that:The computer...
  6. Not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not shutting down properly: Hi, My machine, running windows 10 pro, 64 bit, does not shut down properly. I only realised recently that if I press a key, it fires back up. I have shut down in windows using the normal power function as usual and it's not set up to go into hibernation. I think it's been...
  7. Proper Shut Down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Proper Shut Down?: Hello, I have recently reinstalled my windows 10 pro(not sure if that's important info) after several years. The way I had my win 10 set up previously before this, was that when I go to turn the PC off, it clears everything. closes all apps and when I start it, I know I...
  8. Windows was not properly shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows was not properly shut down: It says "The previous system shutdown at 8:41:12 PM on ‎2/‎14/‎2018 was unexpected." it happen in many times. but it never happen when I plug in the charger....
  9. Not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Not shutting down properly: Hi all *Smile Bit of a strange problem with Windows 10 on my desktop - it doesn't seem to shut down properly. I get the usual 'shutting down' screen, but (sometimes) when it turns back on it's resumes at a stage maybe 30 seconds before I switched it off. For example, if I...
  10. Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, I remain perplexed about this one issue that is plaguing my system: Almost every shut down is reported in the Windows 10 Reliability Monitor as the computer was not shut down properly. This happens on both shut downs and restarts using...