Windows 10: i cant upgrade my windows defender

Discus and support i cant upgrade my windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello.[ATTACH]whats problem?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by farzadnajafi, Aug 1, 2018.

1. i cant upgrade my windows defender

hello. i cant upgrade my windows defender be030ac5-388b-422f-a36c-3c446107a103?upload=true.png whats problem?

:)

farzadnajafi, Aug 1, 2018

2. Issues with Windows defender after upgraded to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• How did you perform upgrade? Is it through update or through media creation tool?

I suggest you to check the latest version of Windows defender by clicking on
    Settings>update and security>Windows defender.

If latest version is installed and still its not working then
    I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
      • Select Troubleshooting.
      • Select View all on the top left corner.
      • Click on windows update.
      • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If you have performed upgradation through media creation tool then there is no option to rollback. But if you upgrade through Windows update you can roll back by clicking on
    Settings>update and security>recovery>rollback.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Aug 1, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    What the hell, windows defender?

So, a while back I disabled windows defender via gpedit. Come to find out it's running again, and telling me my miner is a "severe" threat, despite still being disabled in gpedit. There's a few new entries related to windows defender in gpedit that didn't used to be there before. I'm guessing this happened during the big spring update. UAC keeps becoming re-enabled somehow, as well. For now I have a shitty registry key that's supposed to disable windows defender instead, hopefully it works.

Damn, Microsoft. They were pushing users to upgrade to 10 so hard, even resorting to plain trickery to get it on as many machines as possible. Now not only is it doing hardcore data mining in the background, but it's changing settings all on its own to whatever Microsoft wants. One step closer to pushing me to Ubuntu or something. I'd already be there if I didn't think it would be an arduous task learning how to computer all over again while simultaneously breaking a lot of games, which is mostly what I use this computer for...

Bill Gates needs to go back to Microsoft just so he can kick all the guys responsible for w10 squarely in the nuts. /rant

4. i cant upgrade my windows defender

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

i cant upgrade my windows defender

1. i cant upgrade my windows defender - Similar Threads - cant upgrade defender

2. i cant open my windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open my windows defender?: i tried all the troubleshooting options provided by co-pilot but its not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-defender/ce650198-1717-4355-9542-36ec41f7d390
  3. i cant open my windows defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant open my windows defender?: i tried all the troubleshooting options provided by co-pilot but its not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-defender/ce650198-1717-4355-9542-36ec41f7d390
  4. I cant see my windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant see my windows defender: I can see my windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-windows-defender/ff65b3a3-3ad2-4ffc-80fb-fb7bf987c116
  5. I cant see my windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant see my windows defender: I can see my windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-windows-defender/ff65b3a3-3ad2-4ffc-80fb-fb7bf987c116
  6. I cant see my windows defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cant turn on my Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant turn on my Windows Defender: my virus and threat protection is turned off and I cant turn it on because the security is managed by an administrator. Im the only one who uses my computer and I can do anything except manage my security....
  8. i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall: i've been a lurker on reddit for years, but i made an account just so i can make this post because this issue has been bothering me a lot. ever since yesterday, my windows defender and firewall are completely unable to be turned on, if i turn the real time protection it goes...
  9. Y I CANT UPDATE MY WINDOWS DEFENDER

Y I CANT UPDATE MY WINDOWS DEFENDER: Y I CANT UPDATE MY WINDOWS DEFENDER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/y-i-cant-update-my-windows-defender/07d2dbf5-fc4e-4c64-b038-8c725f786eb9
  10. I cant find my Windows Defender option

I cant find my Windows Defender option: I cant find my Windows Defender option. Please can someone help me out! [img] 116207