Windows 10: I changed my computer user profile from administrator to a user and now I can't do anything...

Discus and support I changed my computer user profile from administrator to a user and now I can't do anything... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Earlier today I made the mistake of changing my user settings on my computer profile from administrator to user now I don't have permission to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeLew, Jul 19, 2018.

1. GeorgeLew Win User

I changed my computer user profile from administrator to a user and now I can't do anything...

Earlier today I made the mistake of changing my user settings on my computer profile from administrator to user now I don't have permission to uninstall/ download things or change my profile back to an administrator, all I get is a message to enter administrator credentials but I don't get a place to enter the credentials I don't know and all I can do is close the window. Please help me I changed my computer user profile from administrator to a user and now I can't do anything... :)

:)

GeorgeLew, Jul 19, 2018

2. User Profiles not uploading at Start

Hi Ernie,

Your computer might have experience a fresh start when the upgrade occurred last December 16, 2017, and the user profiles on it got affected as well. However, let us not jump into any conclusions yet until we isolated your concern. Let's see if we'll be
    able to recover the missing user profile using a command line in command prompt.

• Open CMD as Administrator.
    • Enter this command "net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name][Missing User] /add".
    • Once done, restart your computer.

You may also check if you'll see the missing user profile/s in Local User and Groups manager. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows + R on your keyboard, then type in lusrmgr.msc.
    • Click on Users, then check if the missing user profile is on the right pane.

Let us know if the above steps worked.

Carlos Tin, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Administrator account, error message: "The user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded" Windows 10.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the system to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Occasionally, Windows might not read your user profile correctly, such as if your antivirus software is scanning your computer while you try to log on. Before you follow the methods given in the suggested article, try restarting your computer and logging
    on with your user account again to resolve the issue.

Let’s try to refer to the suggestions provided by Arul_D replied on February 11, 2016, to fix your issue.

user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded

Further, you may have to enable the built in admin account from the recovery environment, login to that account and then create a new admin account. Once this is done disable the built in admin account and login to the new admin account to check, if that
    helps.

Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new administrator user profile and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open elevated command prompt by entering Safe mode with Command prompt.
      To go to Safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift (key on the keyboard) + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command prompt.
    • Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes to activate the built-in administrator.
    • Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges (steps given below).
    • Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L keys on the keyboard and sign-in into the
      Administrator account.
    • Disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).
    Step 2: To create a new administrative user account
    follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by pressing Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add and click
      Enter
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to make sure if the "User Profile Service"
    is started and automatic from the new admin user account

a. Press Windows key + R
    and type "services.msc" in the run box and press Enter.

b. In services Window check for "User Profile Service"status.

c. If it is stopped, click on the drop down menu and click on
    automatic
    and click on start.

d. Check the status of the issue.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jul 19, 2018
  4. I changed my computer user profile from administrator to a user and now I can't do anything...

User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

I changed my computer user profile from administrator to a user and now I can't do anything...

1. I changed my computer user profile from administrator to a user and now I can't do anything... - Similar Threads - changed computer user

2. I have two administrative users but I can't change anything on one of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two administrative users but I can't change anything on one of them: I'm losing my mind. So my laptop upgraded to Windows 11 but it wasn't applied to my only user but it made another user called administrator. There's my old user administrator with windows 10 and now this new user administrator. But the weirdest thing is that I can't save...
  3. I have two administrative users but I can't change anything on one of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two administrative users but I can't change anything on one of them: I'm losing my mind. So my laptop upgraded to Windows 11 but it wasn't applied to my only user but it made another user called administrator. There's my old user administrator with windows 10 and now this new user administrator. But the weirdest thing is that I can't save...
  4. Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my user

Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my user: Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my userAnyone can help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/used-net-user-administrator-activeno-now-i-cant/eab74651-7418-4674-aa75-be1b6b791c70
  5. Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my user: Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my userAnyone can help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/used-net-user-administrator-activeno-now-i-cant/eab74651-7418-4674-aa75-be1b6b791c70
  6. Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my user

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I can't seem to change the user to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't seem to change the user to administrator: So, whenever I run the cmd with administrator rights and type in "net user administrator /active:yes", it says that the user could not be located. I also cannot acces group configurations through "run" typing in "gpedit.msc" neither through the computer management.Can...
  8. I can't seem to change the user to administrator

I can't seem to change the user to administrator: So, whenever I run the cmd with administrator rights and type in "net user administrator /active:yes", it says that the user could not be located. I also cannot acces group configurations through "run" typing in "gpedit.msc" neither through the computer management.Can...
  9. I can't seem to change the user to administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Changed my programfilesdir and now I can't do anything

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed my programfilesdir and now I can't do anything: Hello guys, So I tried to change the installation path of everything to my 2tb external D: drive becuz my hard drive only has 150gb. I did this: Open regedit (Start > Run > "regedit"). Then find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion". Now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i changed my administrator to user by mistake