Windows 10: I changed my motherboard - cannot re-activate windows in Activation in the System Settings

Discus and support I changed my motherboard - cannot re-activate windows in Activation in the System Settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Error code is 0xC004C003. Can someone please help me? Thank you.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lzwtheprodigy, Sep 3, 2018.

1. I changed my motherboard - cannot re-activate windows in Activation in the System Settings

Hi,

Error code is 0xC004C003.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.

:)

lzwtheprodigy, Sep 3, 2018

2. windows activation after changing motherboard

First, make sure your current Activation is linked to your Microsoft Account, see how to do that, if its not already:

Use a
    Digital License to Manage and Activate Windows 10

After transferring your license to the new motherboard - click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Troubleshoot, sign into you Microsoft Account, then choose your system from the list.

I changed my motherboard - cannot re-activate windows in Activation in the System Settings 01ee98cd-578c-4297-bd8d-bfa0e8988b00.png

If that does not work, I suggest you use chat support:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat
    Support

Andre Da Costa, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Question about Windows activation

Question about Windows activation after MoBo change

Im thinking of changing my motherboard, will I still be able to reinstall my genuine Windows XP Home Edition and activate it with Micro$oft, or is a new motherboard classed as a new PC *Confused I changed my motherboard - cannot re-activate windows in Activation in the System Settings :confused:

HookeyStreet, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Jetster Win User

I changed my motherboard - cannot re-activate windows in Activation in the System Settings

Windows activation . . .

And technically your correct. OEMs are only for one system tied to the motherboard. But you can still activate it over the phone on the automated activation but check the activation as qubit says

Jetster, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

I changed my motherboard - cannot re-activate windows in Activation in the System Settings

1. I changed my motherboard - cannot re-activate windows in Activation in the System Settings - Similar Threads - changed motherboard cannot

2. Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hi,I recently built a PC and transferred my Windows 10 Pro license to it.Unfortunately the Motherboard turned out to be deflective and had to be replaced.Now after Windows installation with the new Motherboard, running into the error below whenever I try to Activate the...
  3. Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hi,I recently built a PC and transferred my Windows 10 Pro license to it.Unfortunately the Motherboard turned out to be deflective and had to be replaced.Now after Windows installation with the new Motherboard, running into the error below whenever I try to Activate the...
  4. Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Cannot get Windows 11 re-activated after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get Windows 11 re-activated after Motherboard change: I bought a Windows 11 Home license from Microsoft Store and was running fine for more than 6 months and then I picked up a Hardware problem after power surge. Could not get into Windows any more and had to replace Motherboard. Got my backup restored and when trying to...
  6. Cannot get Windows 11 re-activated after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get Windows 11 re-activated after Motherboard change: I bought a Windows 11 Home license from Microsoft Store and was running fine for more than 6 months and then I picked up a Hardware problem after power surge. Could not get into Windows any more and had to replace Motherboard. Got my backup restored and when trying to...
  7. Re-activating windows after motherboard change

Re-activating windows after motherboard change: Hello! I recently changed out my motherboard and have to re-activate windows 10. It's a retail copy and I have a digital license but when I click "I changed hardware on this device recently" under the trouble shooter it tells me it is unable to reactivate because the servers...
  8. Re-activating my Windows 10 after motherboard change

Re-activating my Windows 10 after motherboard change: I recently changed the motherboard on my desktop computer running Windows 10. The problem is I didn't know that beforehand I was supposed to tell windows that I would be changing my hardware. Is there any way i can re-activate Windows 10 or am I stuck until i re-buy Windows...
  9. Re-activating windows after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-activating windows after motherboard change: I bought a PC from Cyberpower and it had the full version of windows 10 on the hard drive, I recently did an hardware upgrade (motherboard, CPU, RAM) and when I booted the computer up again after the upgrade it said I needed to re activate windows. And when I go to re...
  10. Windows cannot activate after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot activate after motherboard change: Split from this thread. hi i am having the revers problem, i got my pc back from the shop with a new motherboard, and my windows wouldent activate, it was a didgital upgtade from win 8 years ago, but now it says its win 10 pro, i bought win home online from windows shop,...