Windows 10: I connect to my laptops shard hostednetwork but I can't get Internet?

Discus and support I connect to my laptops shard hostednetwork but I can't get Internet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can connect OK to it and have set the right password OK, but it says , "No internet access". Do I have to set the IP address and DNS manually? How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bansaw, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Bansaw Win User

I connect to my laptops shard hostednetwork but I can't get Internet?

I can connect OK to it and have set the right password OK, but it says , "No internet access".

Do I have to set the IP address and DNS manually?
    How do I know whats the right IP address etc ?

:)

Bansaw, Jul 2, 2018
  2. jim kain Win User

Unable to connect to a hostednetwork

I am using a Intel NUC that has Windows 8.1. I want to use VNC via a hostednetwork, to enable headless operations.

I have created a hostednetwork on the NUC using command line "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NetName key=12345678" command. This appears to work and the responses to the netsh wlan commands are as expected. The network shows as "started" on
    the host computer from the "netsh wlan show hostednetwork".

I want to connect to the NUC hostednetwork from a Windows 10 computer. The hostednetwork shows up on the normal network list. If I try to connect by clicking on the list of wireless networks, it cannot connect to the network -- without ever asking for the
    password.

Next I tried using the "ControlPanel/Network&SharingCenter/Setup a wireless connection/Manually Connect To a Wireless Network". This lets me set up a wireless profile name (NetName) with a WPA2-Personal security key: 12345678. However, when I go back to
    the standard list of networks and click on NetName, I get the same message:
    "Cant connect to this network".

Next I tried using the command line: "netsh wlan connect NetName". The response suggested that the command completed successfully. However, I could not ping the IP address: 192.168.173.1.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

jim kain, Jul 2, 2018
  3. CMD created hostednetwork

Hi sir

I have installed Windows 10 on my pc and create a broadband ppqe connection to connect to the internet with cmd

I created hostednetwork to run internet on my android phones but after installing anniversary update of windows 10

I start my hostednetwork with cmd I can connect to my hostednetwork but cannot use internet and I cannot trun on myy mobile hotspot in windows 10 it says we can"t set up mobile hotspot because this pc doesn't have an cellular data connection

ritikmalik, Jul 2, 2018
  4. I connect to my laptops shard hostednetwork but I can't get Internet?

Hostednetwork: can connect to it but can't use internet

As the title describes i use cmd admin command:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Test key=Test1 keyUsage=persistent

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

I connect to Hosted network with my Lumia 930...but there is no internet traffic

VukGligorijevic, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

I connect to my laptops shard hostednetwork but I can't get Internet?

1. I connect to my laptops shard hostednetwork but I can't get Internet? - Similar Threads - connect laptops shard

2. Can't get an internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get an internet connection: Just bought a laptop and I can't get an internet connection* Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-an-internet-connection/cac9ef8f-d53e-4698-b2cf-c94f9b767328
  3. Can't get an internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get an internet connection: Just bought a laptop and I can't get an internet connection* Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-an-internet-connection/cac9ef8f-d53e-4698-b2cf-c94f9b767328
  4. I can't log in to the laptop or connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in to the laptop or connect to the Internet: This morning I woke up to find that my laptop was no longer connecting to wifi with the error "no wifi antenna detected". I started troubleshooting my wireless antenna. During one of the reboots, I tried to log in with my pin but it said there was an error. I am trying to log...
  5. I can't log in to the laptop or connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log in to the laptop or connect to the Internet: This morning I woke up to find that my laptop was no longer connecting to wifi with the error "no wifi antenna detected". I started troubleshooting my wireless antenna. During one of the reboots, I tried to log in with my pin but it said there was an error. I am trying to log...
  6. I can't log in to the laptop or connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't connect to internet: I'm not sure where else to turn for this problem. I bought my laptop used about 2 years ago, I'm not sure how long it was used before then. It is an Acer Aspire E5-523 running Windows 10 Home (and for some reason, under Windows specifications, the version says 2004) Ever...
  8. I'm connected to the WLAN with my laptop, but I can't access the Internet. If I use the laptop?

I'm connected to the WLAN with my laptop, but I can't access the Internet. If I use the laptop?: However, to connect to my smartphone and then make hotspot, I have Internet and it loads quickly. So there must be a defect in the router. The other thing is that every other device in the household can access the WLAN without any problems via the router. I do not...
  9. Can't see networked PC but can connect to shard folder

Can't see networked PC but can connect to shard folder: Why how can I access a shared filed on PC #4 but I can't see PC #4 under network?!?? both PCs under 18363.535 146349
  10. I can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't connect to the internet: So this morning I started my computer and found that my conexion wasn't working, I tried plugging and unplugging the ethernet cable, restarted the router and when that didn't work I used windows diagnostics and it says that "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" I...