Windows 10: I deleted my OneDrive folder, thinking it would delete only OneDrive, but it deleted all my...

Discus and support I deleted my OneDrive folder, thinking it would delete only OneDrive, but it deleted all my... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just deleted my OneDrive folder, now some of my data is gone.I am very scared, please help.I am on Windows 11, and disabled OneDrive prior to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LILTreyman, May 16, 2022.

1. I deleted my OneDrive folder, thinking it would delete only OneDrive, but it deleted all my...

I just deleted my OneDrive folder, now some of my data is gone.I am very scared, please help.I am on Windows 11, and disabled OneDrive prior to this happening. I do not have Microsoft 365.

:)

LILTreyman, May 16, 2022

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I deleted my OneDrive folder, thinking it would delete only OneDrive, but it deleted all my... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I deleted my OneDrive folder, thinking it would delete only OneDrive, but it deleted all my... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 16, 2022
  3. garyb0125 Win User
    OneDrive Delete Confirmation Message

Don't know if this will solve your problem, but suggest you uninstall OneDrive, then delete the OneDrive folder in C:\Users\User-name\AppData\Local\Microsoft, and then reinstall OneDrive.

garyb0125, May 16, 2022
  4. I deleted my OneDrive folder, thinking it would delete only OneDrive, but it deleted all my...

Deleting on-disk OneDrive folder WITHOUT deleting from cloud?

Dear Cerberus.

Er - here's a picture of my OneDrive folder, if I can work out how to attach it to this! No cloudsigns or ticks in boxes, just a long list of files I want only in the cloud, not on the hard drive (but don't want to delete FROM the cloud!!)

I deleted my OneDrive folder, thinking it would delete only OneDrive, but it deleted all my... [​IMG]

It's come up saying 'Attach=Config}347209[/attach] so I hope something appears when I post this!

Very sorry - how do I make the ticks and cloud signs appear? BTW - there's more in that list than's appearing in the screenshot, that's why it doesn't look like that many files.

Yours respectfully

Chris.

ulrichburke, May 16, 2022
Thema:

I deleted my OneDrive folder, thinking it would delete only OneDrive, but it deleted all my...

1. I deleted my OneDrive folder, thinking it would delete only OneDrive, but it deleted all my... - Similar Threads - deleted OneDrive folder

2. I deleted my OneDrive folder, thinking it would delete only OneDrive, but it deleted all my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted my OneDrive folder, thinking it would delete only OneDrive, but it deleted all my...: I just deleted my OneDrive folder, now some of my data is gone.I am very scared, please help.I am on Windows 11, and disabled OneDrive prior to this happening. I do not have Microsoft 365....
  3. Delete all file and folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete all file and folders in OneDrive: I have made several changes to the devices on my network and my OneDrive is now in a confused mess.I would like to remove all files and folders and remove all syncing, effectively restoring OneDrive to the as installed condition.How can I do this?...
  4. Accidentally deleted the Onedrive folder and all files gets deleted.

Accidentally deleted the Onedrive folder and all files gets deleted.: users files gets deleted. It happens on his personal laptop. User logs in to onedrive using his work account/ email and started to sync desktop, documents & pictures. while syncing, user tries to cancel it by going to onedrive settings and choosing to stop the sync and unlink...
  5. I deleted all my files on OneDrive

I deleted all my files on OneDrive: I deleted all my files on OneDrive because it was full not knowing it would delete all the files on my computer. Is there any way to get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-all-my-files-on-onedrive/dc1fd01a-2177-4f1a-b357-7cde57b7dcc1
  6. Acidentally deleted OneDrive folder in my PC

Acidentally deleted OneDrive folder in my PC: Hi, i screwed up the whole pc by deleting onedrive folder. I downloaded it again and most of my things are back but there are some important things that just doesnt work. Like, i cant open the downloads folder....
  7. OneDrive deleting my files

OneDrive deleting my files: I was wondering why my computer running Windows 10 always gives me this message whenever I close a window? I've just been seeing it the past week or two and I was wondering how to stop it so I don't accidentally lose my work....
  8. I deleted the onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted the onedrive folder: I deleted the onedrive folder because it was annoying and i dindt want it. But soon i realized that it actually contaid my desktop files and more. I dont really care about desktop files but wheneve i open something wit a onedrive sync logo on it it just give me an error. How...
  9. Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown

Deleted my "Documents" folder in the OneDrive dropdown: Tried to make room for my work, thought my documents folder in onedrive drop down arrow was empty, and my actual document were elsewhere. Deleted it, also emptied my recycling bin. Didn't realise until after bin was emptied. My OneDrive account is not backed up to a recent...
  10. Onedrive deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive deleted all my files: Why onedrive deleted all my files? I had 20 mp3 on my hard disk after i restarted my pc onedrive deleted all of them and put in trash bin. Any help? 13073