Windows 10: I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference

Discus and support I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I upgraded my Computer's gtx 730 2 GB straight to a gtx 1030 2 GB, (which is remarkable in allowing me now to play Doom 4 and things like that,)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SotoPrior, Jun 4, 2018.

1. SotoPrior Win User

I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference

I upgraded my Computer's gtx 730 2 GB straight to a gtx 1030 2 GB, (which is remarkable in allowing me now to play Doom 4 and things like that,) however, somehow I still have to enforce things like performance mode, and other forced performance modes and Razor cortex-esc programs that boost FPS for games these days at low graphics modes, even though I'm running with a i7 and 16 GB of ram, I just don't get it. *Mad

:)

SotoPrior, Jun 4, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

My GPU is heavily under performing, please help!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of GPU?

• Do you face this issue only with this game or all the game?
    I suggest you to use the same GPU in different computer and check if the issue persist.

As you mentioned that you have overclocked the CPU, Microsoft does not recommend overclocking the CPU.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jun 9, 2018
  3. I can't upgrade to windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation. Let me assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

Method 1: Change display resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1920x1080.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Nachappa C K, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference

1. I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference - Similar Threads - did GPU upgrade

2. I am having a sinking feeling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having a sinking feeling.: I have many pdf files. Many NTSB Reports. All my bills that I have paid online over the last few years. Microsoft Edge Browser can read the files. But does it continue to save the file on my local hard drive or is it making a copy through One Drive? I was almost at the...
  3. GPU Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Upgrade: Hi I have a ASUS P8B75-M LX PLUS motherboard and was looking for a decent gpu to compensate my upgrade as i currently have a gt 630 wich one would you reccomend pls my specs are: Intel Core I7 3770 CPU 3.40Ghz NVIDIA GT630 8192 MB RAM...
  4. Upgrade On GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade On GPU: Hi, I have a HP Envy x360 and I'm wondering if I can get an upgrade on my GPU from an MX250 to something more powerful? If so what GPU can I get for my Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-on-gpu/f2386e96-6869-489f-8005-5c9363d9fe00
  5. Multiple different BSOD's - Feel like I have tried everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple different BSOD's - Feel like I have tried everything: Hey community, I have been trying for almost a full day now to try and figure out what is wrong with my laptop. Over the last month I get BSOD's sometimes when using the computer no real pattern and almost always when doing a restart. They BSOD error can be different each...
  6. GPU failure/did not respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU failure/did not respond: Detail: Log Name: System Source: Display Date: 10/13/2020 5:52:39 PM Event ID: 4101 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: My-ASUS Description: Display driver igfx stopped responding...
  7. Windows 10 makes me feel like I did the first time I ever turned a computer and that was...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 makes me feel like I did the first time I ever turned a computer and that was...: I don't understand anything about Windows 10. Where is the best place for me to start over learning. I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and was very excited. Now I am just totally frustrated. HELP...
  8. I feel conned by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I feel conned by Microsoft: I purchased Windows 8.1 Home in 2014 for $130.00, later I upgraded it via the free upgrade to Windows 10 Home. Due to job needs, I required a few apps that weren't in the Home version of Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 such as RDP and Hyper-V so I purchased the $99.99 upgrade of...
  9. I feel like a fool but..

in Windows 10 Support
    I feel like a fool but..: So i have been checking this forum out for a while. Learned alot and still learning. I pride myself on what i know. Stilllll at a loss in the worst way. I beg everyones pardon if i sound like an idiot. I have done clean installs sooo many times. I can use dism and apply...
  10. I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference, should I Overclock CPU?

in Windows 10 Support
    I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference, should I Overclock CPU?: I upgraded my Computer's gtx 730 2 GB straight to a gtx 1030 2 GB, (which is remarkable in allowing me now to play Doom 4 and things like that,) however, somehow I still have to enforce things like performance mode, and other forced performance modes and Razor cortex-esc...