Windows 10: I do not see a way to STOP A CURRENT SEARCH

Discus and support I do not see a way to STOP A CURRENT SEARCH in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Before windows 10 was installed,there was a way to stop what you were searching for. I now have to wait for the search to end and then delete it. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by incredable1, Jan 6, 2016.

1. I do not see a way to STOP A CURRENT SEARCH

Before windows 10 was installed,there was a way to stop what you were searching for. I now have to wait for the search to end and then delete it. Is it possible to have this option?

:)

incredable1, Jan 6, 2016

2. How do I export my current Outlook contacts to a SIM or CSV file? My Outlook client on my WP is no longer connected to Exchange

How many contacts are you talking about here?

Since you are no longer able to sync the contacts to the Exchange Server account, I guess they are abandoned because you don't have access to that account any more.

There is an app in the marketplace called ContactCopy that allows you to copy contacts from one account to another account.,...so you
    could set up a valid windows live/hotmail/outlook.com account on the phone and use this app to copy the contacts over to your new account. Then, assuming the Exchange Server account is not the primary account that you used on the phone, you could delete the
    Exchange Server account to remove the "abandoned" contacts from the phone. If the Exchange Server account is the primary account on the phone, you'll need to perform a hard reset of the phone and set it up under a different windows live account.

Unfortunately the ContactCopy app only lets you copy one contact at a time so if you've got a lot of contacts to copy it will be tedious.

Some other apps in the marketplace that I have not used, but you might want to check out are:

Julie fka profjulie, Jan 6, 2016
  3. How do I export my current Outlook contacts to a SIM or CSV file? My Outlook client on my WP is no longer connected to Exchange

Hi Nate - thanks. My contacts are currently saved to my Outlook on my Windows Phone which used to be connected to Exchange Server. Now, I'm no longer on the Exchange server so all my phone out look contacts are sitting in Outlook on the phone and I'm unable
    to sync them w/ Hotmail contacts etc. I just need to know how to copy/export the current contacts Outlook.

zstylebhai, Jan 6, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I do not see a way to STOP A CURRENT SEARCH

While its still searching, and you want to stop it....just click on the search icon again....it should stop.

OldMike65, Jan 6, 2016
  5. I will try it and let you know if it works for me.

incredable1, Jan 6, 2016
  6. Simple solution, works for me. Thanks OldMike.

incredable1, Jan 6, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    no problem *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I do not see a way to STOP A CURRENT SEARCH

1. I do not see a way to STOP A CURRENT SEARCH - Similar Threads - STOP CURRENT SEARCH

2. How do I stop this feature of seeing key strokes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop this feature of seeing key strokes?: I can see everything I type at the bottom of my screen, how do I turn this off. Started out of nowhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-this-feature-of-seeing-key-strokes/1732d095-7730-425b-8160-ac253f9823b1
  3. How do I stop this feature of seeing key strokes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop this feature of seeing key strokes?: I can see everything I type at the bottom of my screen, how do I turn this off. Started out of nowhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-this-feature-of-seeing-key-strokes/1732d095-7730-425b-8160-ac253f9823b1
  4. I want to make my account private and cant see a way to do so

I want to make my account private and cant see a way to do so: I wish to change the settings on my account to make it private and cannot see a way so to do;* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-make-my-account-private-and-cant-see-a/80b161db-95a8-4bbc-948e-54c7a15a9ec1
  5. How can i see search highlights?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i see search highlights?: When I updated my PC to windows 11 the search highlights disappeared, how can I see them again?I already verified that the show search highlights option was turned on...
  6. How can i see search highlights?

How can i see search highlights?: When I updated my PC to windows 11 the search highlights disappeared, how can I see them again?I already verified that the show search highlights option was turned on...
  7. How do I see if my current PC will support Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I see if my current PC will support Windows 10: I currently have Windows 7. How can I see if my current PC will support Windows 10? Is there a diagnostics I can run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-if-my-current-pc-will-support-windows/444a770e-4689-4d70-9d12-8c7fe53c133f
  8. Is there a way to see the Control Panel settings in the Windows 10 search rather than the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to see the Control Panel settings in the Windows 10 search rather than the...: For instance searching up Uninstall in Windows 10 brings up "Add or Remove a Program", the option in the System Settings. However searching this in Windows 7 brought up the "Uninstall or change a program" option in Control Panel. I much prefer Control Panel over the System...
  9. How do I stop getting ad notifications? See image.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I stop getting ad notifications? See image.: I have Windows 10. I keep getting the notification noise and an ad will pop up in the bottom right screen of my desktop. It's very annoying. I've had one for a Game of Thrones game, Walmart giftcard, etc. This is a screenshot: [ATTACH] When I click on the "Close" button,...
  10. Search Stopped Searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Stopped Searching: I tried typing in the Start Button a while ago; nothing happened. I tried using the search icon next to the start button; same result. Rebooted, no success. Shut down, unplugged power for a minute, restarted, search worked. Less than an hour later, search again does...