Windows 10: I do not want to remove Edge, but I am frustrated by Win 10 resetting my defaults every...

Discus and support I do not want to remove Edge, but I am frustrated by Win 10 resetting my defaults every... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't want to have to continually adjust my default settings every time Microsoft releases an update to Win 10. OK, so maybe is a minor thing, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeLiebeman, Aug 26, 2018.

1. I do not want to remove Edge, but I am frustrated by Win 10 resetting my defaults every...

I don't want to have to continually adjust my default settings every time Microsoft releases an update to Win 10.

OK, so maybe is a minor thing, but it is really irritating:

• I want my Adobe Acrobat Pro to be the default for PDF files, NOT EDGE.
    • I want VLC to be the default for Audio and Video files. NOT the Windows Media Player.
      • Why? Because VLC allows me to adjust volume higher than 100% and I have some hearing impairment. Media Player is capped at 100%.
    • I want FireFox as my default browser! (I am NOT trying to remove Edge.) NOT Edge.

There are more defaults that I have to adjust every time. These are only the top of the list.

I really don't care what Microsoft thinks I ought to use. It is really ticking me off.

So, is there are way to force Win 10 to retain my settings?

:)

MikeLiebeman, Aug 26, 2018
  2. NS_2017 Win User

Edge keeps replacing Adobe as default PDF viewer

Microsoft Edge keeps reverting to the default PDF viewer and it's extremely frustrating. I believe it occurs whenever I unzip files using winzip. I know how to reset the default application but it's time consuming doing it once or twice every day and shouldn't
    be necessary.

Why does it keep changing back to Microsoft Edge and how can I stop this?

Can i remove Microsoft Edge completely?

Why does Adobe not appear in the default programs list? How can I add this to the list as if it did appear the steps to change the default viewer would be quicker.

NS_2017, Aug 26, 2018
  3. How do I reset Edge when get ransomware?

What do you mean by "when get ransomware"?

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

======

For resetting of Edge see:

Jsssssssss, Aug 26, 2018
  4. I do not want to remove Edge, but I am frustrated by Win 10 resetting my defaults every...

Jsssssssss, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

I do not want to remove Edge, but I am frustrated by Win 10 resetting my defaults every...

1. I do not want to remove Edge, but I am frustrated by Win 10 resetting my defaults every... - Similar Threads - remove Edge frustrated

2. I want to remove my account from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove my account from Microsoft Edge: Even after I signed out and click on remove my account on Edge still keeps my information I want this list cleared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-my-account-from-microsoft-edge/82774232-d662-4f6b-a7a1-f6bf29dd55b6
  3. I want to remove my account from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to remove my account from Microsoft Edge: Even after I signed out and click on remove my account on Edge still keeps my information I want this list cleared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-my-account-from-microsoft-edge/82774232-d662-4f6b-a7a1-f6bf29dd55b6
  4. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.: Need I say more than error 0x8007001F while installing Minecraft? I think not. I've tried everything, to the point where I even wiped my hard drive. I've just about had it....
  5. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.: Need I say more than error 0x8007001F while installing Minecraft? I think not. I've tried everything, to the point where I even wiped my hard drive. I've just about had it....
  6. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I remove this? I don't want Edge to be my default browser, I prefer Firefox. And no...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove this? I don't want Edge to be my default browser, I prefer Firefox. And no...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpaceManTudor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lx0q7w/how_do_i_remove_this_i_dont_want_edge_to_be_my/
  8. I am frustrated with windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am frustrated with windows 10 update: Please, anyone, help me, I can't update windows, can't run windows update troubleshooter, and I can't even install the Nvidia graphic driver both from windows update, and from Nvidia installer [ATTACH] I've done everything I found, I even use virtual assistant, and it...
  9. i am very disapointed and frustrated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i am very disapointed and frustrated: I cant connect to party chats on my xbox app on my new computer. I have try everything suggested on your site regarding toredo. I don't know what to do. it doesn't appear anywhere. I bought the computer two weeks ago and im not going to pay someone to fix teredo. let me know...
  10. I am nagged every day to update my Windows 10 system. I do not want.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am nagged every day to update my Windows 10 system. I do not want.: Hi, I do a lot of work in programs such as Photoshop and Inkscape, often I play games on this computer, etc. There's rarely a time when I'm not in the middle of at least something on this computer. Every day, an annoying blue pop-up window appears and sidelines everything...