Windows 10: I Don't have any AHCI mode in my BIOS?

Discus and support I Don't have any AHCI mode in my BIOS? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello people, i'm new in this forum so i'm sorry if i shouldn't post in this section so i just bought a new SSD (850 evo 250gb) And it says on it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kazurengan, Oct 5, 2016.

1. I Don't have any AHCI mode in my BIOS?

Hello people, i'm new in this forum so i'm sorry if i shouldn't post in this section
    so i just bought a new SSD (850 evo 250gb) And it says on it's software i should enable AHCI mode on my bios
    to get it faster. also the tests results show 250 when it was supposed to hit 520-540, and i think it's due to not having
    AHCI mode, but i tried to change it in my BIOS, but i only have these 3 options:

- S-ATA+P-ATA
    - S-ATA (which is the one i'm using now)
    - P-ATA

Isn't there any other way to change it to AHCI mode?
    thank you.*Biggrin

:)

kazurengan, Oct 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Failure 0xC190001-0x20017 after a warning of the need to reinstall a language pack after install

Hi All

I have attempted to switch windows 10 from IDE mode to AHCI ....now cant boot at all, rebuilding.

Tried so far

Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation

Registry Hack doesn't work (I might be doing something incorrectly as the hack appears repaired after the reboot)

Attn. SSD owners - Enabling AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation. Solved - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

The bcdedit route doesn't work

Answer #22 by false tetra byte also not working,

(1) tried as suggested AMD driver not working

(2) tried standard ahci sata driver now busted.. CAN'T BACKOUT... AT LEAST I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BACK OUT

doesn't work in either mode.

automatic repair on restart Not Fix it

STARTED A NEW INSTALL WITH AHCI OFF

This will get me back to square one windows 10 in SATA IDE mode.

Any sugestions ??

Can I use a windows 7 driver from gigabyte (2009) ???

Chris

CellZapper, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Flamathos Win User
    Random Freezes, and I don't know what the problem is.

Hello,

I've received a response from an ASRock employee that said if I don't have RAID volume, then the driver won't install. I don't think the RAID is the driver I need, but something for AHCI, since that is the disk mode I have.

Flamathos, Oct 5, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

I Don't have any AHCI mode in my BIOS?

What chipset do you have?

eLPuSHeR, Oct 5, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    What is the make and model# of your computer/motherboard?
    The SATA selection in your Bios is AHCI, Older motherboard will list it this way.
    Also, your SSD is probably SATA III which transfers UP TO 6.0 Mbps. However, your motherboard and chipset may only be SATA II transferring UP TO 3Mbps.
    Updating your Bios will help a little but it will not make a SATA II chipset SATA III
    You can get a PCIe addin card that has SATA III 6Mbps transfer speed.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I Don't have any AHCI mode in my BIOS?

1. I Don't have any AHCI mode in my BIOS? - Similar Threads - Don't AHCI mode

2. I don't have any sound.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't have any sound.: my troubleshooter said to restart the audio service and I tried to go to the system app and it said file system error -2144926975. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-any-sound/f1c10566-365f-43fa-bd15-11e447c420c4
  3. I don't have any sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have any sound.: my troubleshooter said to restart the audio service and I tried to go to the system app and it said file system error -2144926975. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-any-sound/f1c10566-365f-43fa-bd15-11e447c420c4
  4. I don't have any sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?: Hi everyone. I have been trying to install Linux which requires AHCI mode so that I can use both Windows and Linux in my system. I looked up on internet but none of the solutions worked. I changed my driver from Device Manager and rebooted my device, after which I saw endless...
  6. How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?: Hi everyone. I have been trying to install Linux which requires AHCI mode so that I can use both Windows and Linux in my system. I looked up on internet but none of the solutions worked. I changed my driver from Device Manager and rebooted my device, after which I saw endless...
  7. How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. My Hp omen doesn't have the option to change sata mode to AHCI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hp omen doesn't have the option to change sata mode to AHCI: I bought a new gaming laptop and I wanted to install windows on the ssd disk. However, to do so i need to enable AHCI sata mode but that setting does not appear on my bios options. Could you help me?...
  9. Don't any have any permissions on my pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't any have any permissions on my pc.: Hello, I don't have any permissions for some reason on my pc, Even though it says the account I log into is a administrator. I can't run things as admin, I cant download anything, Can't access my disk drive without it saying access denied, And I can't even open task manager...
  10. AHCI setting in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AHCI setting in BIOS: I have a MB that lets me change the SATA Type. The options are: Native IDE RAID AHCI It is set to Native IDE now. I don’t want to run a raid configuration. What is AHCI. What does it do? Is there an advantage in switching to AHCI? Thanks Sven 27903

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I dont have ahci in windows