Windows 10: I don't have permission to delete, alter, or save to certain files

Discus and support I don't have permission to delete, alter, or save to certain files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As you probably read int he title, I need help because I can't delete, alter, or save certain files. I don't know why this is happening, but it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tigerknight, Dec 24, 2015.

1. I don't have permission to delete, alter, or save to certain files

As you probably read int he title, I need help because I can't delete, alter, or save certain files. I don't know why this is happening, but it's really annoying. I looked this up and only found a temporary solution that's a pain to do for EVERY SINGLE FILE that has this problem. I can't install Mumble because of this and it's really starting to confuse me. This only ever happened since I got windows 10. *Mad

:)

Tigerknight, Dec 24, 2015

2. Not able to delete a file without permissions

After updating to Windows 10 I can no longer delete files from my external hard drive. It says I need permissions, and I have already altered all the permissions.

RobertDavis83, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Unable to save JPG Files to Word 2016 Documents.

I am running Windows 10. I am unable to save JPG Files to Word 2016 Documents. I have to save them to Photo's. A warning comes up.

Contact the Administrator to obtain permission.

Can anyone tell me where the settings are to alter this permission.

MichaelStocker, Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

I don't have permission to delete, alter, or save to certain files

1. I don't have permission to delete, alter, or save to certain files - Similar Threads - don't permission delete

2. I don't have my own permission to delete files....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't have my own permission to delete files....: please help , thankshttps://i.imgur.com/zU7rqbe.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/G9lSyH4.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/q5dLTGo.png***moved from zh-hant*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-my-own-permission-to-delete-files/8de331a7-c4c0-4b75-932f-b6a3355daf68
  3. Don't have permission to delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have permission to delete a file: HelloI've downloaded a pdf which I want to delete now.When I try to delete it del / shift + del / options->delete no action is happening.When I try to delete it through the powershell as administrator I get a message that I don't have permission for this operation.I searched...
  4. Don't have permission to delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't have permission to delete a file: HelloI've downloaded a pdf which I want to delete now.When I try to delete it del / shift + del / options->delete no action is happening.When I try to delete it through the powershell as administrator I get a message that I don't have permission for this operation.I searched...
  5. "You don't have permission to save changes to this file"

"You don't have permission to save changes to this file": I'm the only one using this desktop, with only one user account. I have tried almost everything, under properties I have ensured that all admin/users have full control. I have run sfc /scannow. But it's still not working... All I want to do is trim my videos :- please help...
  6. Don't have permission to Move/Rename/Delete certain files or folders

Don't have permission to Move/Rename/Delete certain files or folders: Within specific areas on my PC mainly on other internal hard drives, every time I wish to Move / Rename / Delete any file or folder, I am greeted with a message saying "You need to provide administrator permission to perform this action". Pressing continue reveals an access...
  7. "Don't have permission to save" error

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Don't have permission to save" error: This makes me crazy. It's not a new problem, but seems to have come with the upgrade to Windows 10 a couple of years ago. But at the moment I'm trying to install some new software and it's really aggravating. The full error message is: "You don't have permission to save...
  8. Don't have permission to save files

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have permission to save files: Hi, I did try searching for help with this but it wasn't working for me so I wonder if anyone can help. I recently installed an SSD and cloned my previous C drive to it. Everything works fine. Except that I cannot save files in Program Files or Program Files x86 on the...
  9. Cannot save files "You Don't Have Permission to Save..." W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save files "You Don't Have Permission to Save..." W10: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. I loved the changes, until yesterday. I am signed in as the administrator of my account. I tried to save a simple spreadsheet to Documents in One Drive. I received this message: "You don’t have permission to save in this location....
  10. Can't save files "You don't have permission to save here"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save files "You don't have permission to save here": I started this thread because I could not find the original one with this issue. I was having this issue as well as many others. I would try to save a file either with a program or browser and would get a pop up saying I didn't have permission to do so. After searching for an...