Windows 10: I don't have the option to make cortana a search box

Discus and support I don't have the option to make cortana a search box in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just installed Windows 10 a day ago, and all I have to say is wow, Microsoft did great. I'm blown away by it's speed/ease of use! Anyways, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MJD, Jul 30, 2015.

1. MJD
    MJD Win User

I don't have the option to make cortana a search box

So I just installed Windows 10 a day ago, and all I have to say is wow, Microsoft did great. I'm blown away by it's speed/ease of use! Anyways, when I click on Cortana, the only options that I have are to show or hide the Cortana icon, I don't have a "Show search box" context menu selection, any ideas as to how I can fix this? I installed Windows 10 through the insiders program page when I installed.

:)

2. Cortana Search Box

I don't have an option for Cortana Search box. How can I get the option of Cortana Search box?
    I don't have the option to make cortana a search box [​IMG]

NimitVikrama, Jul 30, 2015
  3. 'Type here to search' (the cortana search box) have appeared white and it remains white !! Why??? Is it an issue?

Hi, as anyone had a permanent fix for this problem yet?

Biggestted, Jul 30, 2015
  4. MJD
    MJD Win User

Anybody have any ideas?

5. Try to change this in registry to 2 and restart PC:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search]
    "SearchboxTaskbarMode"=dword:00000002

TairikuOkami, Jul 30, 2015
  6. it didn't work here =/

jhonatanjhs, Aug 2, 2015
  7. MJD
    MJD Win User
    I have the solution. All you have to do is right click on the taskbar and then click on the 'Properties' selection. Then under the taskbar tab, all you have to do is uncheck "Use small taskbar icons" and then you should be able to see cortana as a search bar. *Smile Right click taskbar again and under Cortana, you should see "Show search box". Just click that.

8. I don't have the option to make cortana a search box

MJD .. many thanks for that tip!

Atomcrusher, Aug 14, 2015
  9. MJD
    MJD Win User
    No problem Atomcrusher! *Smile

10. Anyone know a hack to allow search box while keeping small icons?

wreckwriter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I don't have the option to make cortana a search box - Similar Threads - don't option cortana

2. Making search box transparent

in Cortana
    Making search box transparent: İ want to search box transparent. İ didn't find any solution for it but who can help me about it? info: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-search-box-transparent/23f19b04-3549-4695-a360-1f7890712336
  3. Search box missing with no option for "show search box"

in Cortana
    Search box missing with no option for "show search box": I followed this thread exactly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-the-search-box-back-in-the-task-bar-win-10/d6d22ba7-7398-4bc9-b86f-e41e6e80f7d4 but still don't have the search bar. Yes, I have "use small taskbars" set to off. Yes, I have...
  4. Cortana search box disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana search box disappeared: I went for a factory reset and now cortana search box is missing from taskbar. How do I enable it again. Normal box is still there but the one with cortana logo is not present anymore....
  5. Cortana search box is missing

in Cortana
    Cortana search box is missing: [ATTACH] Cortana search box is missing in task bar. I need to open application via voice commands and this is only way I found it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-box-is-missing/f7b7f9ae-b296-4e2e-91e9-f3672db8ba47
  6. How to make Cortana search box smaller

in Cortana
    How to make Cortana search box smaller: My Windows 10 computer just updated itself and now when I click the Cortana search icon, it's twice as big it was before. Is there any way to make it smaller? If so, how can I do it?...
  7. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  8. Search Box/Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Search Box/Cortana not working: Hi microsoft. My laptop's search box/cortana isn't working. It doesn't show any search results. I already tried troubleshooting the search and indexing only to no avail. Please help...
  9. Search box in Cortana inactive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box in Cortana inactive: When I try to use the Cortana search box it tells me "I've lost access to your account please sign in" but the sign in the bar at the bottom is inactive. I cannot type in the search bar. This is new as I have been having problems of all the icons freezing requiring me to do...
  10. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why dont have have cortana option when right click taskbar