Windows 10: I don't have the rights to write on system disk as admin..?

Discus and support I don't have the rights to write on system disk as admin..? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I disabled UAC & i'm using the only account on this system, which is admin. Yet i'm not allowed to write to C roots and being ask to write in many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, Dec 10, 2015.

1. unko Win User

I don't have the rights to write on system disk as admin..?

I disabled UAC & i'm using the only account on this system, which is admin. Yet i'm not allowed to write to C roots and being ask to write in many other places.. How do i disable that & i'm having admin rights ALL THE TIME while using my admin account..?

EDIT: Ok so what i mostly need is the ability (permanently) to write to C: disk root. How do i do that please?

:)

2. JE-
    Je- Win User

Windows 10 - Have Admin Rights as a User/ Cut System Does Not Recognize Rights

Why would admin privileges just disappear? I've had this computer less than 2 weeks. I added software and made minor changes the first day, changed the lock screen image again a few days ago, and now today I have no admin privileges and have the default
    lock screen again.

I also updated windows and then it wanted to update again and it's taking friggin forever.

3. Windows 10 - Have Admin Rights as a User/ Cut System Does Not Recognize Rights

System does not recognize my admin rights in Windows 10? Help

EugenZinser, Dec 10, 2015
  4. unko Win User

When i want to edit a keyboard shorcut for an app, it always give me that damn pop-up.. I can't believe it!

5. altae Win User
    Are you talking about the real, hidden admin account or a regular account with admin rights? It's not the same, just search the web, there are hundreds of manuals how to enable it. Then there are certain folders on C that are owned by "TrustedInstaller" and which are even read only for the hidden admin account. In order to gain write access to those folders you would need to change ownership to the admin and then grant write access.

But doing so is very unwise because it's a security feature to make life harder for malware. If you really have to do it it's advised to do so only temporarily and undo the ownership/ rights changes as soon as you have completed your work.

altae, Dec 10, 2015
  6. unko Win User
    Thanks, i didn't knew that (i'm still new to it)! JSIK : It's the same in 8.1?

7. WHS
    whs Win User
    If you step into the territory of the trusted installer, you will get that problem with any Windows release.

8. unko Win User

Adding keyboard shortcut for an app is not a trustedinstaller thing..!

9. unko Win User
    8.1 has it, i checked. But 7 doesn't!

10. unko Win User
    I edited post #1 with my current most urgent needs.. *Wink

11. f14tomcat Win User
    Are you running signed on as Administrator, a Local Account, or a MS Account?

f14tomcat, Dec 10, 2015
  12. lx07 Win User
    Why do you need to write to root of C?

You can of course give your user full permission (take ownership, add your user, assign full control) but there is a risk with that (any malware can also). You also rely on all programs being written correctly and not relying on default permissions.

It would be better (and safer) to make one directory on root of c and use that.

13. unko Win User

Good idea. Thanks *Wink

14. altae Win User
    That's what I've done for my portable apps. This let's me handle the files within that folder the way I'd like to but keeps the built in security measures untouched.

altae, Dec 11, 2015
  15. unko Win User
    I'm still being utterly annoyed by these popups for ridiculous actions..

Thema:

1. I don't have the rights to write on system disk as admin..? - Similar Threads - don't rights write

2. I have no admin rights on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have no admin rights on windows 10.: So its been barely a month since I started on windows 10 and was still managing the users. As I was editing stuff from the users option on my main local admin account I removed myself as a member of the group administrators. I didnt even add myself in the group of the normal...
  3. Lost Admin rights and don't have BitLocker Key saved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Admin rights and don't have BitLocker Key saved: I accidentally disabled administrator privileges on the only account in my laptop. Hence, there is no administrator account on my windows. In addition to that, my C drive is locked using BitLocker and I don't have the pin or BitLocker Recovery Key. How to get back my admin...
  4. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

Admin Authorized User not having admin rights: The acct I use to login in, the same acct that I used to set up my system when I purchased it was set with Administrator rights. I am the ONLY user and not part of an organization or workplace server. At first glance when you look at acct from the logoff perspective or inside...
  5. I don't have admin..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have admin..: Is there a way to delete applications without admin perms on my computer? submitted by /u/UrM8Ash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikbrjk/i_dont_have_admin/
  6. Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.: Hey everyone sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this but I've run out of options and have no idea what to do. I just got a Surface Book 2 and have logged into my Microsoft account just like on my desktop however on the Surface Book Cortana will take voice commands...
  7. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin: I bought a new laptop and activated my win 10 OS. I was able to install new programs for awhile,but something changed and now I can't download new programs or update existing programs. Whenever I try to do either,a UAC windows pops-up and tells me to sign-in as Admin and the...
  8. Don't have write permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't have write permission: Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess. So I want to describe my problem precisely....
  9. Don't have write permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't have write permission: Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess. So I want to describe my problem precisely....
  10. Running an application with permanent admin rights so I don't have to keep putting in the...

Running an application with permanent admin rights so I don't have to keep putting in the...: I have an app on a shared computer where I don't have the admin rights. I've already asked the Admin to make sure this app runs in Admin mode every time I open it, but I still have to put the password in every time. Is there a way to make sure this app opens with admin...