Windows 10: I dont like the Microsoft Terms and conditions.

Discus and support I dont like the Microsoft Terms and conditions. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so im one of those guys that reads the fine print on things and i do not like Microsoft's terms and conditions for windows/insider program lets looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xdarkmario, Jul 27, 2015.

1. I dont like the Microsoft Terms and conditions.

so im one of those guys that reads the fine print on things and i do not like Microsoft's terms and conditions for windows/insider program lets looks at some key points.

Full Terms and conditions

Some more then others like usage data.
    even though what i "Technically" get from this is that they collect data ONLY when using microsoft apps like modern apps Or things that your signed into with a microsoft account, but i also believe they collect data from chrome not sure.

but the real icing on the cake is the insider program those terms and conditions are ever more intrusive. i haven't even signed that one yet.
    i wont go to into details but yea...

:)

xdarkmario, Jul 27, 2015

2. I can't accept the microsoft terms and conditions

Every time i try to download an app it say i have to go to windowsphone.com and accept terms and uses, i even tried xbox.com, and i accepted it there but i still cant download anything? anybody else having this problem

RussellReyes, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Vasile M. Win User
    I can't accept the microsoft terms and conditions

Dear RussellReyes,

Thanks for the forum entry.

If I understand the issue correctly you cant accept the terms of use or it is asking you still after you have accepted them already.

If you are a underage then your parent need to still accept it on windowsphone.com on the PC.

If your account was always an adult account then please contact the account support.

https://support.microsoft.com/getsu...e&wf=0&ccsid=635088579577783182&wa=wsignin1.0

Best Regards,

Vasile M., Jul 27, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

I dont like the Microsoft Terms and conditions.

Then don't be an insider. It's really that simple.

Mystere, Jul 27, 2015
  5. z3r010 Win User
    Yup if you don't like it you are completely free to go and find another OS to use on your computer.

z3r010, Jul 27, 2015
  6. rmtracy Win User
    I recommend Ubuntu, it's also free.

Cheers

rmtracy, Jul 27, 2015
  7. sgage Win User
    No kidding. What is it with people?

sgage, Jul 27, 2015
  8. NUS
    Nus Win User

And that is why I don't use any Microsoft software or service beyond the OS. And have no personal information connected to the account I use for the insider program. The location from my IP is always a million miles off.

9. I suspect most of this data is used for Windows apps, but it can become a problem considering some of the "highly secure" systems that have been breached lately. Personally I don't have anything anyone would want (good luck buying a car or house on my credit), so I'm not too worried.

fracking4oil, Jul 28, 2015
  10. wase4711 Win User
    I'm sure that every person who has an issue with MS gathering all this info also posts on twitter, facebook, and god knows where else..dont you think THAT data mining is just as intrusive as Microsofts is?
    Get over it; if you use the internet, your info is all over the place..

wase4711, Jul 28, 2015
  11. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Nope, I have zero internet footprint that can be tied to me. If I google my name there is not one result, even coupled with other identifiers such as locations, etc.

I'm quite meticulous about these things. *chuckle

12. wase4711 Win User
    who is your ISP? Most of them now provide your personal info to many other companies too, at least thats how Comcast, ATT, and others in the USA are..

wase4711, Jul 28, 2015
  13. NUS
    Nus Win User

The UK has a strict data protection act. Data that could be personally linked to me could only be legally obtained by law enforcement and intelligence services with a warrant, and that would amount to things like times active and IP addresses over the last 12 months.

14. BunnyJ New Member
    One question.. did you just read that??

BunnyJ, Jul 28, 2015
  15. Berton Win User
    I like Linux Mint 17 better but it is somewhat based on Ubuntu. I just upgrade a Desktop and a Notebook from 17.1 to 17.2.

Berton, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. I dont like the Microsoft Terms and conditions. - Similar Threads - dont Microsoft Terms

2. I cannot sign in says we're updating terms and conditions; Site temporarily unavailable for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign in says we're updating terms and conditions; Site temporarily unavailable for...: When I try to log in, I receive this message window..."Were Updating our terms. As a part of our effort to improve your experience across our consumer services were updating the Microsoft Service Agreement..." At the bottom right of the window there is a button labled...
  3. I cannot sign in says we're updating terms and conditions; Site temporarily unavailable for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot sign in says we're updating terms and conditions; Site temporarily unavailable for...: When I try to log in, I receive this message window..."Were Updating our terms. As a part of our effort to improve your experience across our consumer services were updating the Microsoft Service Agreement..." At the bottom right of the window there is a button labled...
  4. I dont like the windows start icon to be blue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont like the windows start icon to be blue: is there a way to change the color of the start icon in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-like-the-windows-start-icon-to-be-blue/72ba3e11-163c-4a48-a9b6-2f40fe277672
  5. I dont like the windows start icon to be blue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont like the windows start icon to be blue: is there a way to change the color of the start icon in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-like-the-windows-start-icon-to-be-blue/72ba3e11-163c-4a48-a9b6-2f40fe277672
  6. Guys whenever i like dont scroll the text on windows becomes like this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys whenever i like dont scroll the text on windows becomes like this: [ATTACH] it isnt only on the browser and my windows version is 10 pro 1909 im on a hp elitebook 840 g1 windows info https://preview.redd.it/wq2tkwynicr61.png?width=305&format=png&auto=webp&s=212a0b02f17150b02024e12af8477a7a522bcdc0...
  7. Microsoft terms and conditions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft terms and conditions: Hello - I went to look at my emails this morning on my ipad and they wouldn’t open, whilst touching my ipad Microsoft terms and conditions flashed up on screen. I quickly shut them down as I didn’t understand why that would happen? The t and c’s looked official but were...
  8. windows 10 terms and conditions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 terms and conditions: hi here are the terms and conditions of windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm I need to know how given section (2 d iii) we have that it means (I was told) that as long as I have a separate license...
  9. windows 10 terms and conditions questions for understanding

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 terms and conditions questions for understanding: I have a question about the terms of conditions of windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm i was told that i can have any number of computers on network (home network --not business--) as long as each...
  10. Windows 10, 1607: What i dont like.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, 1607: What i dont like.: i installed the windows 10 1607 (fix); i dont like it.. i dont like it because it made a mess of whats under the "start" button.. it now lists all user programs, and i really dont need to see this list unless i WANT TO, unless i click on an icon or link that shows me the...