Windows 10: I don't see any option to adjust brightness (have updated drivers)

Discus and support I don't see any option to adjust brightness (have updated drivers) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have updated my drivers. I've looked at about 3 threads here and all the tutorials. I still don't see any way to adjust brightness, and this might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BomboClaaa, Jan 9, 2017.

1. I don't see any option to adjust brightness (have updated drivers)

I have updated my drivers. I've looked at about 3 threads here and all the tutorials. I still don't see any way to adjust brightness, and this might be the reason I return this HP PC.

Can anyone help me out? Its not in the settings in customize display, notifications tab, or the control panel.

:)

BomboClaaa, Jan 9, 2017
  2. M4ntis Win User

Unable to asjust brightness windows 10

no matter what I do I am unable to adjust the brightness in my settings as the "adjust brightness" bar as shown in http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/change-screen-brightness. I have tried to fix this by:

• rolled back drives
    • updated drivers
    • disabled drivers
    • reinstalled drivers
    • updated windows 10
    • restarted computer
    • completely turned computer off and on
    • enabled adaptive brightness in power options
    • disabled adaptive brightness in power options
    None of the actions above has changed anything. How do I see the "adjust brightness" bar?

M4ntis, Jan 9, 2017
  3. How to adjust screen brightness in Nokia 6300

Gents,

I have a new Nokia 6300. I don't see any option to lower down the screen brightness in "Settings". How do I adjust the screen brightness?

Thanks,

Ferry

cool_ferry, Jan 9, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

I don't see any option to adjust brightness (have updated drivers)

If you are using a desktop PC with a monitor then the brightness adjustment will be via the menu controls on the monitor.

philc43, Jan 9, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Do you see a brightness control in Action Center ? If not, enable it in All settings/Add or remove quick actions. In Control panel, the brightness slider in at the bottom of Power Options page. If you updated the display and monitor drivers, ensure that they are all enabled (sometimes get disabled after a Windows Update). Report back with your findings.

mrgeek, Jan 9, 2017
  6. It is not there. nothing is there.
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

BomboClaaa, Jan 10, 2017
  7. Yeah I know I can do it from the monitor but I would just prefer to do it from the computer. How does that work? Does my computer detect the brightness adjustability on the monitor? thats really annoying.

BomboClaaa, Jan 10, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

What is the make and model# of your computer and Video card? Is this a laptop or a desktop?
    If a desktop, the Brightness is always adjusted from the monitor itself.
    If a laptop, press the F3 key to make it brighter, and F2 to dim it. You can also adjust the settings in Power Options that will dim the display on battery.
    If you have separate video card on your desktop, their software's Control Panel may allow you to adjust the brightness, but usually only through the monitor.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I don't see any option to adjust brightness (have updated drivers) - Similar Threads - don't option adjust

2. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to adjust brightness in windows 10: There isn't an option available to adjust brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-adjust-brightness-in-windows-10/21ba1a5a-9107-4ab6-9ed0-361a685c46f4
  3. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to adjust brightness in windows 10: There isn't an option available to adjust brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-adjust-brightness-in-windows-10/21ba1a5a-9107-4ab6-9ed0-361a685c46f4
  4. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I CAN'T ADJUST BRIGHTNESS AFTER UPDATING DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I CAN'T ADJUST BRIGHTNESS AFTER UPDATING DRIVERS: I CAN'T ADJUST BRIGHTNESS AFTER UPDATING DRIVERS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-adjust-brightness-after-updating-drivers/ce0e709b-4580-462e-89bf-316ea1a892cc
  6. dont have any adaptive brightness option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dont have any adaptive brightness option: i have a windows 10 system setting with Nvidia GeForce graphic card, when i watch a movie my brightness change automatically ,there is not any setting for adaptive brightness or even brightness automatically setting what should i do? its really annoying...:...
  7. Sleep option & adjusting screen brightness

Sleep option & adjusting screen brightness: Why would my computer no longer have an option to Sleep? Or to adjust screen brightness? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-option-adjusting-screen-brightness/d616fd76-8bc3-4c82-bd30-e9671b4b6743
  8. Adjust Brightness option is missing

Adjust Brightness option is missing: Windows brightness option was working till last month and now it is not showing, when i right click on power icon on right bottom it shows only power options and Windows Mobility Center. Driver for Display Adapter is already installed and working. Where do i find that option...
  9. Brightness - no adjustment options?

Brightness - no adjustment options?: Hi - I would like to adjust the brightness. The two methods I use on other computers are the keyboard or through the Control Panel/Display. The keyboard method does not work. The Control Panel method shows no adjustment option? I tried updating the Display Driver and it...
  10. No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?: Intel Compute Stick. Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248. The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings > System > Display. It is too bright. Hurting my eyes. 104505