Windows 10: I don't want to have to log in.

Discus and support I don't want to have to log in. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am new to Win 10, I am the only person who uses my computer and I don't want to have to sign in. I recently registered for a Microsoft Account and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Judesman, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Judesman Win User

I don't want to have to log in.

I am new to Win 10, I am the only person who uses my computer and I don't want to have to sign in. I recently registered for a Microsoft Account and found that I then had to log in. To make things easier I changed this to a Local Account log in but I don't really want to sign at all. Is there anyway I can access my computer without having to log in? Any help please?

:)

Judesman, Nov 4, 2016
  2. Wendy_629 Win User

WHY do I have to log in everytime I want to use gmail calendar on internet explorer? (and log into gmail every time on IE?) WHY???

Thank you for your response, but yes, I have checked all Keep Me Signed In options - every chance I get! Does not help. Every day I have re-log into gmail (on internet explorer only - google works just fine), have to log in to gmail calendar, gmail voice,
    every website. Just so frustrating to have to log in to gmail calendar which I use quite often each day. Plus gmail on IE keeps messing up so I have to keep refreshing it.

Wendy_629, Nov 4, 2016
  3. WHY do I have to log in everytime I want to use gmail calendar on internet explorer? (and log into gmail every time on IE?) WHY???

Hey,

Thanks for reply.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to add the website to the trusted sites list of Internet Explorer 10 and check.

a. Open Internet Explorer.

b. Press the ALT key and then click the
    Tools button
    , and then click Internet options.

c. Click the Security tab.

d. Now click on Trusted Sites and then click on the sites button.

e. Enter the Website URL and click on Add.

f. When you are finished, click on Close.

Note: Close Internet Explorer windows and re-open them to check if the issue persists.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to reset Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

a) Drag the mouse to the bottom right corner and click on
    search.

b) Click on ‘Settings’ and type ‘Internet Options’.

c) Click on Internet Options and click on ‘Advanced tab’

d) Click ‘Reset’ and click ‘OK’.

Refer: Reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/change-ie-settings#ie=ie-10

Note: Please note that running Reset Internet Explorer Settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults. This includes all Security, Privacy and Zone settings.
    Also this will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords.

You may refer the link for additional information:

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-10

Give this a go; I’m confident you will find what you need here. But if you face any further issue please reply back to this post and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Anusha Verma, Nov 4, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Yes , you can set it up so it doesn't ask for a login..

You CAN do it with a Microsoft account as well if you want your settings etc saved on their servers..no need for a local account , just enter your Windows account details into the relevant boxes , follow the Method 1 instructions on the below web page.

How To Automatically Login In Windows 10

Wullail, Nov 4, 2016
  5. Judesman Win User
    Many thanks Wullail, I will have a look.

Judesman, Nov 4, 2016
  6. Judesman Win User
    There seem to be a lot of problems associated with this method of avoiding the log in. Perhaps it is something to do with the anniversary update and Microsoft wanting us to log in. I have also looked at other links and my settings/accounts/sign in options/add pin option does not look the same as I am seeing on some sites. I use a pin to sign in to a local account and my only option under Pin in Settings is to "Add" whereas some of the images show the option to "Change" or "I forgot my pin". I find it all very confusing and suspect this is all to do with the updates. I guess I will just stick with my log in pin.

Judesman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I don't want to have to log in. - Similar Threads - don't log

2. Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint: Hi,I haven't used my laptop in a long time so I've forgotten my password. I tried resetting it but my answers to the security questions is incorrect. I managed to login via fingerprint and I have my MS acc setup but unable to reset my password.Is there anything I can do? Or...
  3. Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint: Hi,I haven't used my laptop in a long time so I've forgotten my password. I tried resetting it but my answers to the security questions is incorrect. I managed to login via fingerprint and I have my MS acc setup but unable to reset my password.Is there anything I can do? Or...
  4. I cannot log out of my school account. Highly irritating, I don't want it to keep logging...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot log out of my school account. Highly irritating, I don't want it to keep logging...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-log-out-of-my-school-account-highly/14132ac3-8c71-41f2-b42a-17ff02e6f7ea
  5. I cannot log out of my school account. Highly irritating, I don't want it to keep logging...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot log out of my school account. Highly irritating, I don't want it to keep logging...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-log-out-of-my-school-account-highly/14132ac3-8c71-41f2-b42a-17ff02e6f7ea
  6. I cannot log out of my school account. Highly irritating, I don't want it to keep logging...

7. Mapped drives don't work when logging into PC with PIN instead of password Win11Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drives don't work when logging into PC with PIN instead of password Win11Pro: I recently got a new laptop with Windows 11 pro. I set it up connected to my work MS365 account and set up PIN for easier login to the machine. When I log in with the MS password, no problems with mapped drives. When I log in with PIN, it cannot connect to the mapped drives....
  8. Mapped drives don't work when logging into PC with PIN instead of password Win11Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped drives don't work when logging into PC with PIN instead of password Win11Pro: I recently got a new laptop with Windows 11 pro. I set it up connected to my work MS365 account and set up PIN for easier login to the machine. When I log in with the MS password, no problems with mapped drives. When I log in with PIN, it cannot connect to the mapped drives....
  9. Mapped drives don't work when logging into PC with PIN instead of password Win11Pro

10. I'm logged out of my account but I don't remember user name or email used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm logged out of my account but I don't remember user name or email used.: I have been logged out of my account but don't remember user name or email used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-logged-out-of-my-account-but-i-dont-remember/2a28674a-9e7e-4f75-aa9f-df5a27e5a6b5