Windows 10: I don't want to install Windows 10 but it is scheduled to upgrade

Discus and support I don't want to install Windows 10 but it is scheduled to upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I need some help. I reserved my copy of Windows 10 and it was downloaded in the background. I decided to schedule the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by doshaburi, Aug 10, 2015.

1. doshaburi Win User

I don't want to install Windows 10 but it is scheduled to upgrade

Hello everyone,

I need some help. I reserved my copy of Windows 10 and it was downloaded in the background. I decided to schedule the upgrade because I could delay it for a month or longer but I was given ONLY 3 days. That is way I want to revert it and not upgrade my current Windows. Does anyone know how can I do that?

P.S. I uninstalled the Windows update, it removed that Get Windows 10 icon, so it's no longer there to click.

:)

doshaburi, Aug 10, 2015

2. How to stop windows 10 update prompt?

I have decided that I ultimately don't want to install windows 10, however my computer already has the update installed and now every couple days i have to keep pushing off when I schedule to start the installation of windows 10. I don't want this upgrade
    and I would like for it to stop asking me to schedule for the upgrade. Any idea on how to get rid of this? Thanks in advance.

windows10x, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Hi i want to upgrade to windows 10 but will it save other users details on my computer?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Though I had only one extra user account than the administrator, when I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, everything remained. I can tell that by my own experience. So the answer to your question is a yes.

There could be a possibility of some programs not being compatible with Windows 10. In this case, you can install the same program in compatibility mode and check.

To install program in compatibility mode:

a. Right click the driver installation file and select
    Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

b. Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    box.

c. Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
    OK.

d. Try installing the driver and check.

You may refer to: Make older programs compatible with this version of
    Windows
    (information holds good for Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Mocambo Win User

from the WU window on the list of upgrades( all upgrades) right click on install windows 10 and select hide the upgrade.

from the reservation applet select the menu on the top left and there is a voice like reserve your copy o similar where you can abort your reservation.

Mocambo, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. I don't want to install Windows 10 but it is scheduled to upgrade - Similar Threads - don't install scheduled

2. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  3. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  4. Upgrade has been downloaded but I don't want to install it:/

Upgrade has been downloaded but I don't want to install it:/: Hi there My device has downloaded the new Windows 10 update, but I do not want to install it because I heard several times that by installing the new update, all the information on the device will be lost ... Do you have a solution to remove it because it is on the power...
  5. Upgrade has been downloaded but I don't want to install it:/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade has been downloaded but I don't want to install it:/: Hi there My device has downloaded the new Windows 10 update, but I do not want to install it because I heard several times that by installing the new update, all the information on the device will be lost ... Do you have a solution to remove it because it is on the power...
  6. Upgrade has been downloaded but I don't want to install it:/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I installed windows 11 preview but I don't want it

I installed windows 11 preview but I don't want it: Hello,I recently installed windows 11 preview from windows insider, however I don't want the preview - I want the full version. Is there anyway of uninstalling the update or changing it to the full upgrade. I am still on windows 10 and the update is pending in settings, how...
  8. I installed windows 11 preview but I don't want it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed windows 11 preview but I don't want it: Hello,I recently installed windows 11 preview from windows insider, however I don't want the preview - I want the full version. Is there anyway of uninstalling the update or changing it to the full upgrade. I am still on windows 10 and the update is pending in settings, how...
  9. I installed windows 11 preview but I don't want it

10. Don't want window's 10

Don't want window's 10: Can anyone tell me how to uninstall windows 10 please? 21444