Windows 10: I finally did a clean installed of Windows 10 on my HP ENVY laptop

Discus and support I finally did a clean installed of Windows 10 on my HP ENVY laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP ENVY Touchsmart Sleek book laptop. Model M6-K125dx which had Windows 8.1 OEM version installed. I do not have any DVD drive so everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by winxp, Aug 29, 2015.

1. winxp Win User

I finally did a clean installed of Windows 10 on my HP ENVY laptop

I have a HP ENVY Touchsmart Sleek book laptop. Model M6-K125dx which had Windows 8.1 OEM version installed.
    I do not have any DVD drive so everything must be by USB at the moment.
    I cleaned out most of all thejunk and made copies of my data on the HD prior to updating to Windows 10.

My plan was to install Windows10 and get it registered with Microsoft then to make a HD backup image of thesystem and the partitions.
    Made sure I had everything running prior to making the image backup using Win10 backup.
    This went as according to plan without any issues and used a 32gig USB 3 thumb drive which used about 24 gig which included the OLDWindows directory.
    After I made the HD image Idownloaded the MS Media Creator Tool and ran it and selected I wanted to make a Win10 copy for another computer.
    I used a 8 gig USB thumb drive for that.
    After the copy was properly installedon the 8 gig drive I rebooted and hit ESC to access the thumb drive.

It loaded and I was able to reformattedthe whole 650gig HD for my clean install.
    No problems installing andwhen it was online it acquired the proper MS code saying it was an active copy.
    Just thought you want to hearabout OEM laptops and how to get your clean install.

:)

winxp, Aug 29, 2015

2. Facebook Messenger App

environment

hp spectre 360 - windows insider build 14965

envy laptop - windows insider build 14965

hp pavilion desktop - windows 10 anniversary rtm

lumina phone - windows 10 anniversary rtm

both my hp spectre and my phone are abbe to sync contacts but my hp envy and my hp pavilion can not, have uninstalled the app and clean installed windows.

any thought please, already troubleshhoted and sfc, no issues.

Ben[Win10], Aug 29, 2015
  3. EM0032 Win User
    Bitlocker TPM+PIN New Laptop

I recently purchased an HP ENVY x360
    HP ENVY x360 15z

First thing i did was install my SSD and install a fresh copy of windows 10 pro.

The laptop does have a TPM listed in the BIOS and bitlocker seems to be working, however every time i turn on my computer it tells me the Pin is incorrect the first time i enter it. If i just push the enter key again without typing in the pin again it continues
    to boot normally. My concern is that perhaps the encryption is not working correctly.

This error is showing in the event logs

Bootmgr failed to unseal VMK using the TPM 0x80280013

HP was completely useless and wouldn't let me talk to a knowledgeable technician without paying even though i just bought the laptop. They claim that by installing a clean copy of windows i voided the software warranty.

EM0032, Aug 29, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

That`s exactly how it should have went, excellent job *Smile

AddRAM, Aug 29, 2015
  5. winxp Win User
    It's always nice when things work out as planned.
    So many folks are having issues and all I can think is that their Windows 7 or 8 was having issues before they installed Windows 10 and now they surfaced.
    I always believed after being in computers since late 1970's a clean install is worth the effort and time even if you have to reinstall your additional software.
    Good Luck All.

winxp, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Word Man Win User
    Yes, good job!

It's amazing (or not, considering how not very well Microsoft communicated on this) how many posts I see of people who took a perfectly well activated Win 7/7 SP1 or Win 8/8.1 system and jumped right into a clean install of Win10, not realizing 1) they should have backed up their data for restore and been prepared to reinstall all their programs with license keys and 2) had no idea that you have to do the textbook UPGRADE to Win 10 first and confirm activation BEFORE doing the clean install (those without retail licenses of Win 10 in hand).

You don't know what you don't know, I guess, and I put that down to poor communication (for many) on Microsoft's part.

Word Man, Aug 29, 2015
  7. winxp Win User
    After my first Windows 10 install above went so well I decided to upgrade my Acer Aspire One that has a 32bit, 1.3Ghz processor and 1 Gig of Ram.
    All I can say is amazing. This little Netbook has been revitalized and is running and changing screens faster than with Windows 7.
    I have been told the Windows 10 code is really designed for smaller more compact units.
    I have no errors and all drivers Windows installed without a bump.

Just wanted you to hear that it will run great on an Acer Aspire One Netbook computer.

winxp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I finally did a clean installed of Windows 10 on my HP ENVY laptop - Similar Threads - finally did clean

2. My HP envy laptop is struck updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP envy laptop is struck updating windows 10: My HP Envy laptop is stuck @61% updating windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-envy-laptop-is-struck-updating-windows-10/c186ad4d-ea9c-4443-9cd1-502d7e2696f9
  3. My HP envy laptop is struck updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP envy laptop is struck updating windows 10: My HP Envy laptop is stuck @61% updating windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-envy-laptop-is-struck-updating-windows-10/c186ad4d-ea9c-4443-9cd1-502d7e2696f9
  4. My HP envy laptop is struck updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 HP Envy laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HP Envy laptop: My Windows 11 HP laptop has a message telling me my "Comcast account is not up to date"? I've tried several fixes but no luck. I've seen fixes on Google for this problem with Windows 10 but not 11....
  6. Windows 11 HP Envy laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 HP Envy laptop: My Windows 11 HP laptop has a message telling me my "Comcast account is not up to date"? I've tried several fixes but no luck. I've seen fixes on Google for this problem with Windows 10 but not 11....
  7. hp envy laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp envy laptop: New hp envy laptop kb backlight wont stay on long enough. works ok but goes to sleep to soon. press any key works fine but once the kb is lighted is goes dark in a few seconds. not windows issue since there is no settings for it. it is driving me nuts.. haven'tt found a hp...
  8. Clean Install HP Envy x360

Clean Install HP Envy x360: I am wanting to do a clean install on my HP Envy. I downloaded the latest version of Windows and made an install disk on USB drive. Tried to run but multiple attempts it hund at "14% … checking for updates". Followed some suggestions and shut off various programs that...
  9. HP Envy Laptop -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Envy Laptop -: How do I TURNOFF the Touchpad?? HP Envy laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-laptop/c37915bf-15bf-4f00-bd1a-8d6f60b2728f
  10. Clean install windows 10 on hp laptop

Clean install windows 10 on hp laptop: Hello. I have some questions. I want to clean install windows 10 on hp laptop but i am worried about the drivers. What should i do about that? If i have to get a backup of the drivers, where should i put them? After the clean install, will i just replace the drivers folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy windows 10 clean install

2. clean install hp touchsmart envy

3. hp envy clean windows install

4. hp envy 13 clean windows install,
  5. code 0x80280013,
  6. when is windows 1903 released for my laptop hp envy,
  7. clean install windows 10 hp envy better,
  8. clean windows 10 install on new hp envy 13,
  9. install clean copy of wndows 10 not upgrade hp envy x360,
  10. windows 1803 upgrade for hp spectre x2 12t-aooo