Windows 10: I find the ID (internal) of System Drive Icon for customize my Windows

Discus and support I find the ID (internal) of System Drive Icon for customize my Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I like to personalize my Windows and i know changing my drive icon by "autorun.inf"... Like this : [Autorun] icon=myicon.ico - But for an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JCMacintosh, Jun 2, 2018.

1. I find the ID (internal) of System Drive Icon for customize my Windows

Hi

I like to personalize my Windows and i know changing my drive icon by "autorun.inf"... Like this :
    [Autorun]
    icon=myicon.ico

- But for an unwritable drive is useless. *Huh

I know changing by "regedit.exe"... I can using drive letter like C: D: or other like this :
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applications\explorer.exe\Drives\F\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\Windows\Icon\Drive_USB.ico"

- But is fastidius and not powefull (26 possible letters) if i dont know with letter my drive use before first use.. *cry

The better is when i can use the real ID of the drive for "predict" the best icon like this :
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons]
    "9"="C:\Windows\Icon\Lan_Drive.ico"
    "8"="C:\Windows\Icon\Internal_Drive.ico"

- It's really the better solution but... But... But...

What are the ID for USB Drive, CD/DVD Drive and THE Windows System Drive and other essential drives of Windows ??? *sarc

I have just find the System Drive Icon on system file "imageres.dll" with the ID 32 but is not usefull.... I try 11 for CD/DVD Drive, and i try many other letters... useless too *Banghead

If anybody have this answer, I promise to cover him with praise on the net for the next 10 years !!! *cake

Thank you for everybody reading and understanding my worries *Biggrin

PS : Sorry for my poor english *Zip

:)

JCMacintosh, Jun 2, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Custom Network location icon?

Hi Jane,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Is the system connected to domain?

Please be informed that you may customize the Network icon. You may not be able to customize the available
    networks under the Network. Try the below steps and check if it helps to customize the Network icon.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Themes from the left navigation pane.

• Click on Desktop icon settings.

• Click on Network and click on
      Change icon

• Select the icon which you prefer and click on
      OK

• Click on Apply button and click on
      OK button.
    The above steps will help you to customize the Network icon.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

I find the ID (internal) of System Drive Icon for customize my Windows

1. I find the ID (internal) of System Drive Icon for customize my Windows - Similar Threads - find internal System

2. Can't find internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find internal hard drive: Recently, I have switched to pc from Xbox and I cannot find my hard drive to store games. I am new to pc so all I need to know is how to find it as if it was brand new. I can still access my ssd, but not my hard drive. The computer is the Dell G5 Tower if that helps...
  3. Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?: Like the start button, battery, Wi-Fi and so on. I've discovered how to change the time, but as far as I'm aware there's no way to change the others. I'm not talking about hiding icons, or changing program icons, but actually changing the way the system's icons look....
  4. Custom usb drive icon not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom usb drive icon not appearing: hello all I'm trying to make my usb drive icon reappear using an "autorun.inf" file. this is what my file contains : [AutoRun] Icon=Omid.ico Label=Omid and it is copied to the flash drive as well as the icon file. the name of the icon is exactly as written above. so what is...
  5. Custom usc drive icon not appearing

Custom usc drive icon not appearing: hello all I'm trying to make my usb drive icon reappear using an "autorun.inf" file. this is what my file contains : [AutoRun] Icon=Omid.ico Label=Omid and it is copied to the flash drive as well as the icon file. the name of the icon is exactly as written above. so what is...
  6. so icons for internal drives on my PC are a mess

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    so icons for internal drives on my PC are a mess: https://i.imgur.com/kI9ydtr.png why does it look like this https://i.imgur.com/yZ58YXK.png drives that are plugged in via USB are fine how do i fix this?...
  7. Custom drive icons with not related to letters... My solution.

Custom drive icons with not related to letters... My solution.: Hi all. For those who are interested, I have gathered some of the codes corresponding to the basic drive icons of the discs that I use. If you have other codes (functional with Windows 10) I take! Down the corresponding registery files (make with notepad or other and change...
  8. Customizing system icons and navigation pane

Customizing system icons and navigation pane: Hi everyone, I've got two small issues that are that get me really nitpicky when I'm reminded of them. I was hoping you could help me with those. So the first one is I'd like to customize system icons. Before the upgrade from Windows 7 I had IconPackger which was...
  9. Customize System Tray Icon Images

Customize System Tray Icon Images: I would like to find out how I can customize the actual images(icons) displayed in the system tray. This is my current system tray --> [img] Icons I want to change include BitDefender, Chrome, and OpenVPN to make them better fit the new Windows 10 icon theme. The...
  10. Can't find correct icon IDs

Can't find correct icon IDs: I've checked their IDs with IconsExtract and Resource Hacker, but when I try to use icons from shell32.dll or imageres.dll (in the context menu via regedit), the wrong icons get displayed. For example, can anyone figure out how to get this icon to show up in the context...