Windows 10: I get a corrupted registry when updating to new version of W 10

Discus and support I get a corrupted registry when updating to new version of W 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 preview version 9926 installed and chkdsk found no problems but after windows updated to Windows 10 preview version 10041 chkdsk detected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eagle, Apr 17, 2015.

1. eagle Win User

I get a corrupted registry when updating to new version of W 10

Windows 10 preview version 9926 installed and chkdsk found no problems but after windows updated to Windows 10 preview version 10041 chkdsk detected registry issues that could not repaired.
    So I downloaded the windows 10 preview version 10041 ISO and installed from that, again chkdsk found no errors.
    Windows updated the Windows 10 preview to version 10049 and now chkdsk is finding un repairable registry issues again.
    What is wrong with the live update that is causing these registry issues?
    when installing from an ISO it does not cause the registry issues?
    Anyone else notice this or have this issue?

:)

eagle, Apr 17, 2015
  2. cbs100 Win User

I get 0x800703F1 when I install update or install new feature (ex: direct play)

Hi, I get 0x800703F1 when I install update or install new feature (ex.direct play)

It says registry is corrupted. I installed bought a PC came with windows 7 home premium. I downloaded windows 10 free update and I tried to update and I got 0x800703F1. So I just used as normal and I got update that will upgrade to latest version of windows
    10 (Using:10.0.10240.16384).

I used CCleaner to clean my registry.

cbs100, Apr 17, 2015
  3. Sean_Wolf Win User
    Which version of win 10 will I get when updating from 8.1 PRO ?

I have reserved win 10 upgrade on my surface pro 3 which with win8.1 PRO system.

So now if I run the windows update what version of win 10 I get?

Will it be win 10 Pro as a Pro version system as same?

Or it will be win 10 Home version.

I'm not dare to upgrade it if I will only get a Home version system then I can't change system language when I need to.

Sean_Wolf, Apr 17, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

5. eagle Win User
    The post shows known issues with the early versions you would think that they would have worked out the bugs by now.

Still find it weird - that installing/upgrading from ISO does not give the registry issues?
    Only get issues if Windows update installs the newer version?
    Thanks.

eagle, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I get a corrupted registry when updating to new version of W 10 - Similar Threads - corrupted registry updating

2. win 10 getting crashed and corrupted after new update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 getting crashed and corrupted after new update: Actually new windows update is talking very long time and making my win 10 slow and corrupted . Windows 10 crashing after 20H2 update.more over my internet connection is good and constant still this problem exist .i have to reset the pc frequently its very annoying update by...
  3. Windows 10 w Version 21H1 UPDATES!

Windows 10 w Version 21H1 UPDATES!: Why so many version 21H1 UPDATES every week? Is this called Job Security for the Endeneers?? I have installed on 5 laptops. Am I missing something?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-w-version-21h1-updates/1f409cbc-1d29-4b7a-8a68-76c010924c90
  4. Corrupted registry in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted registry in windows 10: Hi everyone,recently three months ago i dual booted my pc with windows 7 and windows 10. After that i deleted windows 7,then windows 10 worked good for some days, later i faced the problem, exe files not opening and when i install a program and tried to open it,i got an...
  5. Windows 10 Corrupt Registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Corrupt Registry: My PC has been experiencing a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONs regularly with cumulative updates recently. In the past, I've successfully uninstalled the update, or when that did not work I used System Restore. After upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004, I experienced another...
  6. Windows Will Not Update Due To a Corrupted Registry

Windows Will Not Update Due To a Corrupted Registry: I have been unable to update windows for quite some time as a result of a corrupted registry. Each time the pc tries to update it just gives me an error code for corrupted registry. I have tried to replace the corrupted registry with the backup but it still does not work. I...
  7. windows 10 registry corrupt

windows 10 registry corrupt: I get error code 0x00003f1 when trying to update drivers or windows. cannot reinstall as I have tried https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-registry-corrupt/ab4e151a-916c-45a6-bd5b-80e741ebbd0d
  8. registry database corrupt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    registry database corrupt: I recently came home and my computer was not responding to any mouse or keyboard clicks, so I unplugged it and restarted it. Apparently there was an update in progress and where it formerly recognized two monitors it now only recognizes one. It uses the generic Windows...
  9. Windows 10 registry corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 registry corruption: Hi, as of the October 2018 Windows 10 update, I haven't been able to use my newly bought laptop. I went to boot it up one day after normal usage, and since I've been trying to fix it, I've had a host of errors that I've come across. I've come to the conclusion that my...
  10. Corrupted registry....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted registry....: I have a corrupted registry, the entry for my DVD unit. If I go to the Device Manager it tells me: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) I have tried everything. Booting from...